General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Pics of Shadow's Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2001, 09:47 PM

Jeff, I love the paint job and the rear bumper looks amazing. What kind of exhaust is that? Your maxima is one of the best looking ones on the boards. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-24-2001, 01:38 PM

Shadow, what's the web site or any resources where I could find out the cost for the rear piece of Sarona kit???
Old 09-24-2001, 01:52 PM

Man. It is a great looking Max. One of the best if not the best I have seen. Never been to a meet though. I have never been into the SHOW as much as the GO on cars...but yours changed that. What do you thik you have invested in the paint,seats,bumpers etc for looks on your car? Any estimate? What did the paint end up running you? Just curious because I think I might want to go the leatherroute in my car. Never been into modding the inside but what do you guys think of this scheme:

Black leather but where it is blue in the middle of where you sit on his like red instead? I have always loved red and black together. Then I could do a few things interior wise like red/black mix for the shifter and ebrake. Your thoughts?

SuDZ
Old 09-24-2001, 03:49 PM

wow very nice, love the kit.
Old 09-24-2001, 07:36 PM

Man, that car is sweet. I love his car. Maybe he will want to trade me.
Old 09-24-2001, 08:20 PM

Front bumper

i just got the sarona kit and these pics make me even more eager to get it on. Looks good jeff. oh, and im not using the front bumper of mine so if anyone is intrested in it let me know its still in the box. thanks
Old 09-27-2001, 03:22 PM

isnt the sorona kit have bad quality, didnt shadow said its pos?
Old 09-27-2001, 08:56 PM

Nice Shadow!
Old 09-27-2001, 11:51 PM

hey shadow

did you have fitment problems when you put on the kit??? cuz i sure did
Old 09-28-2001, 07:26 AM

Re: hey shadow

I had quite a few problems, email me or find some of my old posts. I thought I was alone in it, but now I've heard of some others. What problems did you have?

Originally posted by Ed F
did you have fitment problems when you put on the kit??? cuz i sure did
Old 09-28-2001, 07:42 AM

craig lieberman max, same color?...

is his max the same color as shadows? i have a pic of liebermans max so you can check it out(its attached). any photoshoppers here? i was wondering if someone can get rid of all the stickers on the max that i attached, i like the car, but i hate stickers on cars, especially that many. also, can someone change the rims in the pic with the ones on shadows car, those rims are tight! i dont like chrome much.
Old 09-28-2001, 07:51 AM

Re: craig lieberman max, same color?...

Different. His car is Dodge Viper blue, mine is Lexus blue. We actually talked at the NOPI show. He told me that originally he wanted his car the same color as mine, but decided on Viper blue because it is brighter and better for photo shoots.

Originally posted by slick
is his max the same color as shadows? i have a pic of liebermans max so you can check it out(its attached). any photoshoppers here? i was wondering if someone can get rid of all the stickers on the max that i attached, i like the car, but i hate stickers on cars, especially that many. also, can someone change the rims in the pic with the ones on shadows car, those rims are tight! i dont like chrome much.
Old 09-28-2001, 08:26 AM

it is brighter...

whatever, your color still looks tight, i really like your car man. and i like the rims. i dont really care for that spoiler that you have, but whatever you like matters.
Old 09-28-2001, 10:34 AM

rear bumper question?

hey shadow, i just got my kit in and have been playing with it. Im not useing the front so i don't have to worry about that, the sides fit perfect, but the rear has a few problems. mainly that they don't have an indention for the the back wheel fenders, the bumper is flat unlike the car. did your body man make his own indenture for you so it looked stock or did he just fill in the gap from the car to the bumper and then you lose that line around the rest of the wheel?thanks
Old 09-28-2001, 10:53 AM

Re: rear bumper question?

Right now there is still a gap there. He played around with the fiberglass some, and reworked it. But I'm getting the kit molded at some point. There is no real way to get rid of that gap. You can tell your shop to heat it and remold it a little bit right there, but it really won't go far because of the way the fiberglass curves at the bottom of the bumper.

Originally posted by piopremier
hey shadow, i just got my kit in and have been playing with it. Im not useing the front so i don't have to worry about that, the sides fit perfect, but the rear has a few problems. mainly that they don't have an indention for the the back wheel fenders, the bumper is flat unlike the car. did your body man make his own indenture for you so it looked stock or did he just fill in the gap from the car to the bumper and then you lose that line around the rest of the wheel?thanks
Old 09-28-2001, 11:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Now that's a nice car.....got my vote for MOTM
Old 09-28-2001, 11:41 AM

gap

if your standing next to the car is the gap noticable? and from the way you describe it i guess you don't have the fender line running threw the kit? is there anyway i can IM you for some tips? if you want you can e-mail me at piopremier@aol.com to give me your im name. Thanks for all the help