General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 10:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by deezo
No person with a law degree knows all laws, so I don't even know why you put that out there. Good, you went to school and got a law degree. It doesn't mean anything here though. If you read you can learn, period! There are laws that police break and job duties they don't adhere to. The 2 RI punks that stopped me was looking for trouble. Thats the only reason they were trying to find me guilty of something. It was also usless to the state and tax dollars for one of the cops to pick a fight with my cousin that night. I was the one who put everything in prospective that night and when the punk saw me in court, he couldn't even look me in the face.
Deezo, You're speculating as to the intentions of the police that night. Thats where many of these misconceptions start. You think you know Why the police were acting the way they were. And no one will find you guilty of anything. If you incriminate yourself thats a different story. Thats every cops job, to find crime. Whether they know about it or not. Finally, grow up. You're one of those who plays the stare game and who ever looks away is a punk, come on. So what if he didnt look at you. What difference would it make if he did look at you. Is that the test of manhood? Secondly I stated My educational background not to say "I knew it all", I never made that claim. It was in response to you're accusation of not knowing the laws governing police. Which in Illinois, I do know them. Do you have a law background? have you been the police? You can read all day long. Putting that reading and laws into practical use on the street is a different ballgame. Unless you answered yes to both of these, you're in no position to try to discredit my statements. What experience are you drawing from? I think you prejudices are clouding you're judgement.
Those PUNKS might save you or your family's *** one day. But I suppose you're one man army can handle every situation with a few choice words.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Old 01-17-2002, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by pete7226
...Thats every cops job, to find crime...
Odd and here all this time I though it was "To protect and serve" not "To perform witch-hunts". I must have gotten confused somewhere.

Stereodude
Old 01-17-2002, 10:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ??

Originally posted by Washington DC Maxima
Yep, I agree with you.. They should be your neighborhood cops instead of some cop hiding behind his badge and living 20 miles from his beat. Granted I wouldn't want to live in the hood if I don't have to. Also, communities need to work together morso than a cop walkin' around overseeing ppl like slaves.. In reality cops aren't really needed if the communities would step up, IMHO.

You're one clueless guy if you think the police are'nt
needed. Regardless of community involvement. In fact most citizens choose to NOT get involved. There are studies to back this up, Stockholm etc. I assure you in my district if the police disappeared for 24 hrs. the events of the day would be broadcast around the world. Every store would be burglarized, no citizen could walk down the street without being robbed, or "beat up, just for fun". Kiss you're Maxima goodbye. And in addition to the several people who get shot here every day, add another dozen or so to the list. This include mothers, sisters, gilfriends, and you're kids who just happened to be walking by. I'm for concealed carry for citizens, but that gun means nothing in most situations. If you think for a moment that police are not really needed you're dead wrong. Most people on this board relate to P.O's through traffic stops. This amounts to about 20" of my daily activity. Did you forget about the other REAL jobs that police respond to. In Chgo. there are about 10-20 people shot each day, half of them die. In certain ghetto hoods these never make the news. If a white person gets shot its head story. You should be skeptical about everything you see on the news. Its not the full story. Especially with police incidents. And, they give you a fraction of the days events.
"Hiding behind the badge" one of my favorites. If I lived in my district I would be constantly under seige from knuckleheads I locked up. Violent knuckleheads. I'd probably be dead or living in a burned out house. Police officers are entitled to the same quality of life as everyone else. Our lives are no less valuable because we are P.O's. There should be no expectation for cops to "Put up with it" just because we're cops. That is'nt our job. And in Chgo, we do have to live in the city. Which is B.S. Granted there are wonderfull neighboorhoods to live in, but the prices are sky high. If we are to live in crappy areas, give us a 100% increase in pay. Because then we WILL be working 24hrs. day.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by Stereodude
Odd and here all this time I though it was "To protect and serve" not "To perform witch-hunts". I must have gotten confused somewhere.

Stereodude
Very confused. And inaccurate
Old 01-17-2002, 10:40 AM
Administrator

ok we have strayed from the main point.. and this thread has been beaten to death.. i think i am going to lock this one..
Old 01-17-2002, 10:42 AM
I'm needing a caw

Originally posted by SprintMax
ok we have strayed from the main point.. and this thread has been beaten to death.. i think i am going to lock this one..
Old 01-17-2002, 11:26 AM

Blend in???

Funny!!

Originally posted by Scruit

IN discussion with cops I have heard many say that they are suspicious of anything that stands out. A black kid in a white hood - or a white kid in a black hood... A car that reacts inappropriately to the sight of a copcar...

I'm sure we all agree a riced-out honda stands out...

The best thing to do is blend in, and you'll be cool. I know that you can't really change some things, easily or at all - race, the car you drive, the visible mods etc. If I get pulled over driving in a black hood then I know it's prolly 'cos of my race - because I stand out. Heck, I've been pulled over for; "You look a little young to be driving a car like this..." ( That was many moons ago... )
Old 01-17-2002, 11:28 AM

Yours speculating too

so what's the difference?

Deezo, You're speculating as to the intentions of the police that night. Thats where many of these misconceptions start. You think you know Why the police were acting the way they were. And no one will find you guilty of anything. If you incriminate yourself thats a different story. Thats every cops job, to find crime. Whether they know about it or not. Finally, grow up. You're one of those who plays the stare game and who ever looks away is a punk, come on. So what if he didnt look at you. What difference would it make if he did look at you. Is that the test of manhood? Secondly I stated My educational background not to say "I knew it all", I never made that claim. It was in response to you're accusation of not knowing the laws governing police. Which in Illinois, I do know them. Do you have a law background? have you been the police? You can read all day long. Putting that reading and laws into practical use on the street is a different ballgame. Unless you answered yes to both of these, you're in no position to try to discredit my statements. What experience are you drawing from? I think you prejudices are clouding you're judgement.
Those PUNKS might save you or your family's *** one day. But I suppose you're one man army can handle every situation with a few choice words.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:38 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

[B]

In reality, clothing should have nothing to do with whats suspicious. I man/woman running from a bank with a bag in his/her hand after an alarmed was sounded should make a cop suspicious. So in those discussions with the cops you were talking to need to go back to training.
Clothing? Who said anythign about clothing?

OH!! I mean white kid in a black (neighbor)hood...

They should go back to training for what? I think that particular comment is invalidated by our little 'hood' mixup...

Suspiciousness is a subjective concept. There are no hard and fast rules.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:45 AM

That's what wrong with people in this country everyone wants to be someone they're not. I'll be cool with who I am and what am I going to do to blend in, roll around in flour to be white or wear clothes I don't like? Please!!! This is not Mayberry. That comment is so wrong. I'm who I am and I don't care if the cops don't like it.
The comment is not wrong. The concept of why the comment is correct is wrong, but the comment itself it correct.

The cops won't bother you if you blend in.

It's like saying; "Don't leave valubles in plain sight in your car, because someone will steal it." The fact that this phrase is accurate is indicative of a bad situation, but the phrase itself is totally correct.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:52 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ??

If that's not the most arrogant thing I've heard you say thus far.. The world would come to an end without police, huh..LOL!!

If the citizens patrolled, looked out for their fellow neighbor, talked to their fellow neighbor they would know who's who and who did what in their neiborhood which in turn would cause the nieghbors who are doin' sh#t wrong to get their act together or get expelled in some way.. Of course this would only work in a community that works together but it would surely work better than some cop riddin' around in his cruiser lookin at every person for suspicion, or beating them up in some alley then goin home to his own community on the other side of the city where it's safe.

With cops we still have murders, robbery, theft etc.. If we get more cops we will still have murders, robbery, theft etc... Now if every person in the community is considered a cop(citizens on patrol instead of power hungry "I'm the law" police) then that community will have less crime since everyone is involve 24/7 for a common goal. Most cops want a paycheck and power.

In the neighborhood you patrol ppl don't give you info because your not trusted but you refuse to understand why.. But in a community that everyone is involved and empowered the trust will be there because they are neighbors and have a common interest.

I have some insight on what goes on in the police community I'm just not willing to wear it on my sleave. Most instances in the DC area are domestic calls and false alarms not murders and big drug bust..

You're one clueless guy if you think the police are'nt
needed. Regardless of community involvement. In fact most citizens choose to NOT get involved. There are studies to back this up, Stockholm etc. I assure you in my district if the police disappeared for 24 hrs. the events of the day would be broadcast around the world. Every store would be burglarized, no citizen could walk down the street without being robbed, or "beat up, just for fun". Kiss you're Maxima goodbye. And in addition to the several people who get shot here every day, add another dozen or so to the list. This include mothers, sisters, gilfriends, and you're kids who just happened to be walking by. I'm for concealed carry for citizens, but that gun means nothing in most situations. If you think for a moment that police are not really needed you're dead wrong. Most people on this board relate to P.O's through traffic stops. This amounts to about 20" of my daily activity. Did you forget about the other REAL jobs that police respond to. In Chgo. there are about 10-20 people shot each day, half of them die. In certain ghetto hoods these never make the news. If a white person gets shot its head story. You should be skeptical about everything you see on the news. Its not the full story. Especially with police incidents. And, they give you a fraction of the days events.
"Hiding behind the badge" one of my favorites. If I lived in my district I would be constantly under seige from knuckleheads I locked up. Violent knuckleheads. I'd probably be dead or living in a burned out house. Police officers are entitled to the same quality of life as everyone else. Our lives are no less valuable because we are P.O's. There should be no expectation for cops to "Put up with it" just because we're cops. That is'nt our job. And in Chgo, we do have to live in the city. Which is B.S. Granted there are wonderfull neighboorhoods to live in, but the prices are sky high. If we are to live in crappy areas, give us a 100% increase in pay. Because then we WILL be working 24hrs. day.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:01 PM

Very confused. And inaccurate
Yeah I guess that's why some areas still have "To Serve and Protect" on the side of the squad car. They must not have gotten your memo.

Stereodude
Old 01-17-2002, 12:09 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ??

If that's not the most arrogant thing I've heard you say thus far.. The world would come to an end without police, huh..LOL!!

If the citizens patrolled, looked out for their fellow neighbor, talked to their fellow neighbor they would know who's who and who did what in their neiborhood which in turn would cause the nieghbors who are doin' sh#t wrong to get their act together or get expelled in some way.. Of course this would only work in a community that works together but it would surely work better than some cop riddin' around in his cruiser lookin at every person for suspicion, or beating them up in some alley then goin home to his own community on the other side of the city where it's safe.

With cops we still have murders, robbery, theft etc.. If we get more cops we will still have murders, robbery, theft etc... Now if every person in the community is considered a cop(citizens on patrol instead of power hungry "I'm the law" police) then that community will have less crime since everyone is involve 24/7 for a common goal. Most cops want a paycheck and power.

In the neighborhood you patrol ppl don't give you info because your not trusted but you refuse to understand why.. But in a community that everyone is involved and empowered the trust will be there because they are neighbors and have a common interest.

I have some insight on what goes on in the police community I'm just not willing to wear it on my sleave. Most instances in the DC area are domestic calls and false alarms not murders and big drug bust..

This stuff is too funny. I vote we sack all cops. First, let me move my family up to my survival cabin in the mountains. We've seen in many different countries what happens when there is a "Breakdown of law and order".
Old 01-17-2002, 12:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ??

That's not a break down of law and order.. It's a community that polices itself. The law would stay and so would the order... Right now I can go outside and rob an old lady and prolly get away with it. By time the cops arrive(the citizens won't do too much to stop it cause they rely on cops) I'd be back in my office in time for a 3:30 meeting. Police can only do but so much and be in so many places.. Citizens need to wake up a be responsible for themselves and their neighbors and not depend on someone else for their problems..

Funny thing is your a cop who doesn't believe in ppl but you want the ppl to believe in you..

Run to your cabin and hide...LOL!! Just like I thought.

This stuff is too funny. I vote we sack all cops. First, let me move my family up to my survival cabin in the mountains. We've seen in many different countries what happens when there is a "Breakdown of law and order".
Old 01-17-2002, 12:57 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ??

Funny thing is your a cop who doesn't believe in ppl but you want the ppl to believe in you..

No - the funny thing is you think I'm a cop! I never said I was a cop.
Run to my cabin... I certainly would. When some street thug breaks those rose-tinted glasses you're wearing, then you'll see. Why do you think Afghanistan has been in civil war since the Shah was deposed in the 50's? It's called a Power Vacuum. Most members of the public are not capable of defending themselves against criminals with guns. We need police because we have criminals. The criminals are not some kind of anti-police terrorists who will cease all activities when the cops are all fired. They will continue.

Why not disband all the armies of the world too, and trust all civilians to not want to make war on each other...

"LOL - Just like you thought"... I'm certainly laughing out loud at the thought processes going on in your head... How misinformed can one person get?

Dude, Santa Claus doesn't exist.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ??

That's not a break down of law and order.. It's a community that polices itself. The law would stay and so would the order... Right now I can go outside and rob an old lady and prolly get away with it. By time the cops arrive(the citizens won't do too much to stop it cause they rely on cops) I'd be back in my office in time for a 3:30 meeting. Police can only do but so much and be in so many places.. Citizens need to wake up a be responsible for themselves and their neighbors and not depend on someone else for their problems..

Your right!!!! There's just to many lurkers jumping into the issue because they think they know the TRUE situation of the policing against "minorities" and the profiling.

Scruit:

You're the one talking about fitting in and making yourself to look like a "goody two shoes" to prevent the cops from messing with me (as in anyone who's been profiled).

You said the dumb human beings that happen to be cops said that if a person (of whatever race) is walking down the street with a hood on would be looked at suspiciously. That's what brings clothing into this and truely, its not even about clothing, its about appearance. They are wrong and they need more training. If I wore a hood while walking down the street and I fitting the profile of a criminal? Please answer so I can laugh at your reply.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ??

Wannabe cop ain't nothin' worse ask a cop!!

Civil wars happen because there are no cops to stop crime, huh??.. That makes sense lemme right this down.. "civil wars are due to lack of police pulling ppl over, stoping burglaries(well they hardly ever stop a crime they just react to crime), and ending the war on drugs"..LOL!! Who would ever have thought..
Run away wannabe cop, run away!!!

Your so pressed to oversimplify.. It would take time to curb thoughts to community policing.. Especially minds and thoughts of yours which seem to run from change..

Most cops can't defend themselves from criminals one on one without a weapons.. I've seen cops get their asses whopped in full riot gear.. Thing is ppl respect the uniform and the penalties associated with it.. Imagine if ppl respected each other in the same way...

No - the funny thing is you think I'm a cop! I never said I was a cop.
Run to my cabin... I certainly would. When some street thug breaks those rose-tinted glasses you're wearing, then you'll see. Why do you think Afghanistan has been in civil war since the Shah was deposed in the 50's? It's called a Power Vacuum. Most members of the public are not capable of defending themselves against criminals with guns. We need police because we have criminals. The criminals are not some kind of anti-police terrorists who will cease all activities when the cops are all fired. They will continue.

Why not disband all the armies of the world too, and trust all civilians to not want to make war on each other...

"LOL - Just like you thought"... I'm certainly laughing out loud at the thought processes going on in your head... How misinformed can one person get?

Dude, Santa Claus doesn't exist.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ??

Civil wars happen because there are no cops to stop crime, huh??.. That makes sense lemme right this down.. "civil wars are due to lack of police pulling ppl over, stoping burglaries(well they hardly ever stop a crime they just react to crime), and ending the war on drugs"..LOL!! Who would ever have thought..

Your so pressed to oversimplify.. It would take time to curb thoughts to community policing.. Especially minds and thoughts of yours which seem to run from change..

Most cops can't defend themselves from criminals one on one without a weapons.. I've seen cops get their asses whopped in full riot gear.. Thing is ppl respect the uniform and the penalties associated with it.. Imagine if ppl respected each other in the same way...

So true!!!
Old 01-17-2002, 01:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ??

Your right!!!! There's just to many lurkers jumping into the issue because they think they know the TRUE situation of the policing against "minorities" and the profiling.

Scruit:

You're the one talking about fitting in and making yourself to look like a "goody two shoes" to prevent the cops from messing with me (as in anyone who's been profiled).

You said the dumb human beings that happen to be cops said that if a person (of whatever race) is walking down the street with a hood on would be looked at suspiciously. That's what brings clothing into this and truely, its not even about clothing, its about appearance. They are wrong and they need more training. If I wore a hood while walking down the street and I fitting the profile of a criminal? Please answer so I can laugh at your reply.
Please read my messages before commenting on them. When I said 'hood' I meant neighbourhood, not a piece of clothing. The rest of your post is invalidated by that miscommunication.

I said nothing about 'dumb human beings' - don't say; "You said" and then type something I didn't say.

Try again.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:43 PM

Please read my messages before commenting on them. When I said 'hood' I meant neighbourhood, not a piece of clothing. The rest of your post is invalidated by that miscommunication.

I said nothing about 'dumb human beings' - don't say; "You said" and then type something I didn't say.

Try again.
I did say they were dumb and I'm not accusing you of that. My bad for miss understanding "hood". I'm thinking that I can't believe that someone could say this and believe in it. That's all.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:55 PM

Again, people putting words in my mouth. Stop it! You can't win this argument by changing what I say to suit your objections.

OK, last attempt before I give up on you...

"Wannabe cop ain't nothin' worse ask a cop!!" That doesn't even make sense. If you are accusing me of being a wannabe cop then I would give up immediately as you are obviously not even reading my posts.

Stupid generalizations such as; "Most cop's can't defend themselves... <snip>" and "They hardly ever stop a crime... <snip>" just make people respect you less. The only people who would agree with you are people that don't have the information to counter those broad statements.

I don't claim to have facts and figures (that means that you cannot say; "Show me your statistics" otherwise we'll all see that you're not paying attention.), but I refuse to believe that we would still have police if "They hardly ever stop a crime."

I would invite anyone who has an opinion on the police to take the time to understand the police's perspective. If you judge them simply from they times you got pulled over then you're only seeing one side. When you see both sides, if you still think they suck then you are entitled to think that. If you make your decision based upon the information that I have available to me, then you'll realize thay they are doing a thankless job in continually shrinking budgets, manpower and legal operating space and still expected to not only do the same job, but also improve tenfold each year...

It's like asking for 90% of the McDonald's staff to be laid off, and not allowing them to handle hot equipment, or talk to customers, but still expecting your burger to be perfect and made in 10 seconds.

Ok, I give up. This thread has become so far OT that I'm constantly amazed it's not been locked down. I can see that you hold your opinions very strongly and I respect that, but you also have to respect that I have an opinion that I hold just as strongly that is different from yours. Based upon your arguments to date I have no reason to change my opinion.
Old 01-17-2002, 02:50 PM

Jerry Springer time

Have we learned anything in this thread? I think so. Certainly people are very emotional about their beliefs. There are very diverse opinions when it comes to cops. They can be heros, they can be criminals. Look at the 2 commanders in Philly and what's goin on w/them.

The two concepts that were reinforced as I read this thread is

racism is not a good thing in any way
cops have a difficult job to perform

I believe that for the most part having laws and a system of enforcement benefits all of us. It is not a perfect system, but it would be far worse without.
Old 01-17-2002, 02:55 PM
I'm needing a caw

Let's wrap this one up folks. One more day and it's El Locko time.

If it gets TOO stupid before tomorrow, it's El deleto time.

thanks for the posts. It was informative for awhile at least.
Old 01-17-2002, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Let's wrap this one up folks. One more day and it's El Locko time.

If it gets TOO stupid before tomorrow, it's El deleto time.

thanks for the posts. It was informative for awhile at least.
Sorry. I'm done. Just wanted to get my post count up - what comes after 'Maxima Fanatic'?
Old 01-17-2002, 08:24 PM

RI pigs suck. They are always out side this bar on rt 7, just shootin the **** outside. so i drop into neutral and rev the engine. I figure one day i'll give one whiplash from whippin around to try to catch my plate #. Screw the popo
Old 01-17-2002, 11:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by Maxima Shine
RI pigs suck. They are always out side this bar on rt 7, just shootin the **** outside. so i drop into neutral and rev the engine. I figure one day i'll give one whiplash from whippin around to try to catch my plate #. Screw the popo
Maixima shine, what ethnicity are you? so I can properly address you by your derogatory name. And I dont expect you to get offended, kid.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:41 AM

You obviously cannot read or are too stupid to read.

I already warned someone else in this thread that calling a police officer a "pig" would result in a locked thread. And thanks to you, this thread now gets locked.

[edit]Other moderators... don't delete this thread. I want to keep it around so that when the moron asks me why I deleted his post in the 4th gen forum, I want evidence that this isn't the first time I warned someone I would delete a thread when a moron calls a police officer a "pig".

Originally posted by Maxima Shine