General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Roadkill! :) Eclipse GST .....

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2000, 09:13 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Woo! I went back home this past weekend to visit my parents and for my dad's bday, so normally, when i have the car back home in Danville, i try to instigate races with the local HS punks... you know. let them get a taste of a REAL modded car .. haha. not some sticker-laded pos...

so i'm on Diablo Road near Blackhawk, there's a stretch of about 5 miles of just plain flat curvy two lane each way road of just bliss...

so i'm going home and i see this grey modded Eclipse, lowered with flashy rims (Konig villans (??)) and exhaust so i get on his 5-oclock in the lane next to him and wait..

we're rolling at about 40 mph, and he bites it and i punch it in third..(3200 rpms..this being the first true race with the new UPRD ecu that i'm beta testing..) and it just launches! i catch up to him a few seconds later.. like at 6000 RPM (speed?? 90ish i think i dont recall because i was busy steering) and i shift to fourth on cue of my shift lite..(bling bling!).. i start to pull away from him as the car starts to run in the "OH sweeet!" powerband of 4500 rpms.... i was like whoa! cool!

we got up to like 110-115ish before he called it quits and i was about three car lengths infront of him... so we slow down for the coming up stop sign, he looks over and he smiles. i flash a peace and we go our separate ways...

wow. that was pretty cool... i love this ecu!..it just pulls reeeally hard @ 3800-4500 rpms...drool drool!

well. flame away but this was a good race!

Old 11-12-2000, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by Chebosto
Woo! I went back home this past weekend to visit my parents and for my dad's bday, so normally, when i have the car back home in Danville, i try to instigate races with the local HS punks... you know. let them get a taste of a REAL modded car .. haha. not some sticker-laded pos...

so i'm on Diablo Road near Blackhawk, there's a stretch of about 5 miles of just plain flat curvy two lane each way road of just bliss...

so i'm going home and i see this grey modded Eclipse, lowered with flashy rims (Konig villans (??)) and exhaust so i get on his 5-oclock in the lane next to him and wait..

we're rolling at about 40 mph, and he bites it and i punch it in third..(3200 rpms..this being the first true race with the new UPRD ecu that i'm beta testing..) and it just launches! i catch up to him a few seconds later.. like at 6000 RPM (speed?? 90ish i think i dont recall because i was busy steering) and i shift to fourth on cue of my shift lite..(bling bling!).. i start to pull away from him as the car starts to run in the "OH sweeet!" powerband of 4500 rpms.... i was like whoa! cool!

we got up to like 110-115ish before he called it quits and i was about three car lengths infront of him... so we slow down for the coming up stop sign, he looks over and he smiles. i flash a peace and we go our separate ways...

wow. that was pretty cool... i love this ecu!..it just pulls reeeally hard @ 3800-4500 rpms...drool drool!

well. flame away but this was a good race!

Go kill cheston!

Your wing looks phat btw
Old 11-13-2000, 01:32 AM

too bad we cant pay for the ecu in installments...
Old 11-13-2000, 05:12 AM

too bad there isn't a ECU upgrade for a 99! otherwise I'd be on it in a heartbeat....NE news from UPRD? cheston for a 99 fed spec? thanks