General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

saw the 2001 in person today at the dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2000, 07:20 PM

must say I was mighty impressed with the car...how it looks (5th gen with body kit) and the interior...nice shifter (auto) and pedals...though it was listed on the sticker that the pedals were drilled...I must say that if you go close...I actually knelt down and took a closer look and actually ripped the "pedal" off- what it turns out to be is-its actually a rubber piece that slips over the pedals- somewhat like all other maxes...the rubber piece cept this had aluminium on it!
but I was jealous over the futuristic looking silver key and the remote that came with it. also nice was the "auto dimming mirror" gawd...did I feel like ripping that thing off to put in my 4th gen.

guess thats all I've got to share?
Old 11-15-2000, 08:58 PM

Did you touch the engine? I did when I went to the dealership to see the AE a month ago.

IMO, the auto shifter is poorly designed. It looks aweful to have a big button sticking out of the side. I like the design of the Levoc shifter much much better.

Also, stupid Nissan doesn't even care to put on a chrome exhaust trim when they move the exhaust over from the I30. That's a lack of attention to detail.
Old 11-16-2000, 10:19 AM

Well, the exhaust is somewhat hidden by the rear valence now anyway, and they have angled tips.

I just saw it a couple hours ago when I took my Alty in for an oil change (free). My only negative impression is that even with the underspoilers and side sills, it looks like a monster truck. They should have lowered it at least an inch and a half while they were at it. I commented on this to one of the sales guys and she said, "it isn't a race car... if you want a race car go buy a Ferrari." Nice...
Old 11-16-2000, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by Creature
I commented on this to one of the sales guys and she said, "it isn't a race car... if you want a race car go buy a Ferrari." Nice...
Wow, what a helpfull person. Remind me not to ever buy a car from that guy.

Yeah, a 1" drop as a option would have been great.

Old 11-16-2000, 02:36 PM

yo creature,
you should have complained to the GM...tell him that the sales person who made that snide remark ought to get fired...hurting sales for him and the dealership...!

sports car a ferrari? yeah....perhaps if she (sales person) could pull the extra Gs out of her a*# and give it to you!?

gawd...talk about sales talk...!
my dealer on the other hand tries to play it cool...but sometimes just can't quite cut it...though I must say I'd have to give him an A for effort...!
told me he wanted a skyliner - bad ***....you'd be the sh*#t / top dog on the road. always chooses the skyliner (read not typing mistake here on my part...but dealer guy tells me its a skyliner!) whenever he plays (gran turaino...meant turismo)

gawd...but must say he's an awfully nice guys...been in trouble before with the service manager cos my car is not stock for warranty work...my dealer sales guy talked to him about working it around...! now if only I can get them to accept a supercharger I'm thinking of getting...and still perform warranty work...that'd be cool!
Old 11-17-2000, 10:55 PM

Wow, I'm very impressed by the new AE. To tell you the truth, I didn't really like the new 5th generation design. But now that I've seen the AE in person, it really changed my perspective. Well, things change. I used to think the 4th generation looked weird, but now I have one and love the car inside out. It just grows on you. =)