General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Calendar criteria, PLEASE READ and reply as necessary

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 11:20 AM

Calendar criteria, PLEASE READ and reply as necessary

OK....
I can tell you guys one thing, the response to this calendar is overwhelming!!! My mail is overloaded with submissions, which is awesome!

It's great that everyone is sending in their pics, however, I feel that some criteria have to be set for the submissions.

1. The picture that you are submitting needs to have a hard copy. Not a digital camera picture. YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO MAIL ME THE PICTURE

2. As you know, some of the submissions really aren't worthy of a maxima calendar, some of them are cut off, not very clear, basically, you know if it's a good pic, or if it's a GREAT pic. If you don't know if it's worthy or not, then send it and we will let the club decide with a poll or something.

3. Final detail, for the next 7 days, I will not be putting up pictures for voting or anything of the sort. I will strictly be waiting for all the people who are shooting photos just for this calendar. 7 days shoudl be enough time to clean up the car, and develop film.

4. Mail the BEST pics to:
Ryan Miller
523 North 4th Street
Le Sueur, MN 56058

5. I am also interested in knowing an estimate of how many calendars will need to be produced. I mean, are we talking 10-20, or are we talking 100-200? If you are very intersted in buying a calendar(use 17-25 dollars as an estimated buy price), please post your interest in this thread.

THANKS

Thank you to eveyrone!
Old 03-12-2002, 11:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Calendar criteria, PLEASE READ and reply as necessary

Originally posted by MaximaWithFlash
If you are very intersted in buying a calendar(use 17-25 dollars as an estimated buy price), please post your interest in this thread.
I would buy one if it fell between $17-30. I hope you understand that some people stated earlier that they would buy one only if they were in it...so be careful not to overcount.

Erik
Old 03-12-2002, 06:59 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

my 18's are going on tomorrow then i will clean her up and get a good pic i REALLY want in on this.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:35 PM

So what are the qualifications for the calendar? Who is going to make the decision? I think that there should be some kind of representation from all forums, i.e. all different generations and maybe one from each region. Just an idea, that way noone has any room to really whine. Do you want us to email you our pics or mail them to you? That wasn't too clear.
Old 03-12-2002, 09:30 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

I have interest in at least one, If my car makes it in the calander I will buy as many as I can afford.
Old 03-12-2002, 09:45 PM
MILANO

Even if my car is not in it I'll buy a few copies

Old 03-12-2002, 10:43 PM

Yeah I'll definitely buy one or maybe even more. Even if your car isn't in it, it's still cool to have a maxima calendar.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:43 PM

17-25 is too steep... you can probably have staples or office depot make you one for that price.. most calendars run about $10. im not trying to sound cheap, but i dont see people spending 20, $25 on a calendar
Old 03-13-2002, 04:21 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by JoesMAX
17-25 is too steep... you can probably have staples or office depot make you one for that price.. most calendars run about $10. im not trying to sound cheap, but i dont see people spending 20, $25 on a calendar
those $10 ones are made in bundles of the 10000's we are making 200 or so, less means more cost.
Old 03-13-2002, 05:19 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

those $10 ones are made in bundles of the 10000's we are making 200 or so, less means more cost.
ummm no. Joe and I was going to hook up and do this last month. It shouldn't be that much. $17 - $25 is alot.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:17 AM

Originally posted by amixam98

ummm no. Joe and I was going to hook up and do this last month. It shouldn't be that much. $17 - $25 is alot.
if you buy 100 i cant see the cost being more than $5-$10.. and not to jump the gun but this guy is a lurker, would you want to send him $25 and hope he sends you a calendar? i know i wouldnt
Old 03-13-2002, 02:58 PM

In reply to the skeptics on the board

If you can make a calendar for 10 bucks at an office depot, you should send me their address. I went to two giant chains, Kinkos and Insty Prints. Insty prints quoted me 27 dollars a piece for 100 calendars! Kinkos told me 15 a piece for 100 calendars. I have looked at the quality of both of them and they are about the same. I have also gone to major local printing companies, they could make a nicer product, but they need a minumum order of 500 calendars.

I have everything in check here, I will also check out office depot since they seem to be the hot spot for 10 dollar calendars.

Thanks for the advice, and I am putting alot of time into this.

Thanks to those of you on forums who are supporting maxima related material, not putting it down.
Old 03-13-2002, 05:01 PM

Re: In reply to the skeptics on the board

If you can make a calendar for 10 bucks at an office depot, you should send me their address. I went to two giant chains, Kinkos and Insty Prints. Insty prints quoted me 27 dollars a piece for 100 calendars! Kinkos told me 15 a piece for 100 calendars. I have looked at the quality of both of them and they are about the same. I have also gone to major local printing companies, they could make a nicer product, but they need a minumum order of 500 calendars.

I have everything in check here, I will also check out office depot since they seem to be the hot spot for 10 dollar calendars.

Thanks for the advice, and I am putting alot of time into this.

Thanks to those of you on forums who are supporting maxima related material, not putting it down.
you can say im putting it down all you want, but what does that say under your name? like amixam98 said, we were thinking about doing this a few weeks ago and the figures given to him were a lot lower than the ones you found... im not trying to put you down, just giving my opinion and looking out for everyone on the org
Old 03-13-2002, 10:23 PM

Re: Re: In reply to the skeptics on the board

you can say im putting it down all you want, but what does that say under your name? like amixam98 said, we were thinking about doing this a few weeks ago and the figures given to him were a lot lower than the ones you found... im not trying to put you down, just giving my opinion and looking out for everyone on the org
I guess I didn't think anyone would have anything bad to say about something that sparked alot of members interest in makimas.

I really don't want this thread to go on anymore in this way. Alot of people are into this idea, and I am doing all I can to make it happen, and alot of people are helping me out! Thanks to everyone helping by the way. Keep the submissions coming!
Old 03-13-2002, 10:55 PM

Re: Re: Re: In reply to the skeptics on the board

I guess I didn't think anyone would have anything bad to say about something that sparked alot of members interest in makimas.

I really don't want this thread to go on anymore in this way. Alot of people are into this idea, and I am doing all I can to make it happen, and alot of people are helping me out! Thanks to everyone helping by the way. Keep the submissions coming!
do what you gotta do man, im not flaming.. im just looking out for everyone
Old 03-13-2002, 11:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: In reply to the skeptics on the board

Always remember, you were once a lurker too...

do what you gotta do man, im not flaming.. im just looking out for everyone
Old 03-14-2002, 05:16 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In reply to the skeptics on the board

Originally posted by Shadow

But he was trying to sell a hundred calenders when he was a lurker...
Old 03-14-2002, 01:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In reply to the skeptics on the board

Originally posted by Shadow

trust me im not one of the newbie/lurker bashers... im just saying that if you send this guy money, be aware that you may never hear from him again. sorry to have to put him on the spot like this, but you have to be careful with these things
Old 03-15-2002, 02:50 PM

Sample calendar is in the works as we speak

trust me im not one of the newbie/lurker bashers... im just saying that if you send this guy money, be aware that you may never hear from him again. sorry to have to put him on the spot like this, but you have to be careful with these things

Wut's up?

I am in the process of having a sample calendar produced, there will be no pictures printed on it, due to no material to put on it yet. I will however, take the best pictures of it that I can and have them posted on the board as soon as I can! I'd make sure you see it before you buy it!

THANKS AGAIN.....keep those pics rollin in!