General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Whacked by a Caddy

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 02:21 PM

Whacked by a Caddy

My girlfriend just got back to town from a business trip so we go down to the mall...she's getting out of the car and the Max's door bumps the car next to us - a cadillac

The Caddy guy hops out and immediately gets in her face...literally screaming profanity. So I hop out and I mean I'm not too intimidating 5'8" with an uphill breeze. But you know times like this there are no options. So I get between this clown and my girl friend and now I'm getting jacked up over the situation and I say:

'...look you got 2 options either we take a look at your door and let me make arrangements with you or, we simply take this over there an settle it...'

This guy gets even more pumped but wants to take a look at his door. And look I realize this sucks when someone in a mall slaps your innocent unsuspecting door, but anyway we take a look - and I mean the paint is NOT even bruised.

This gets the guy even further ****ed so he starts in on me screaming about ****tly little foreign car owners no respect blah, blah, blah.

I go back at him and say look here is my card you want want to get it fixed you want to get it fixed you give me a call.

So I get my lady out of there. And you know what -

When we came back the Max had 3 tires slit and the passenger door completely keyed.

However, my girl friend got the plate No. [+ she, well there is no delicate way to put this, is a dancer at the pink panther] and she has a few friends of colourful character.

What should I do?

The poor Max had to be towed and that bastard in the CAA truck didn't treat her with the respect due!

This day has been sh*t.
Old 03-15-2002, 02:27 PM

Colorful Character...

Foriegn Cars..

Where do u live?

Sorry about your day, but you did do the right thing by keeping your cool.
Old 03-15-2002, 02:32 PM

I would of taken the car and drove to a different lot area or just plain out of the mall as to avoid the keying and tire slitting. Who was he an older guy im assuming?
Old 03-15-2002, 02:33 PM
Producto Colombiano

Re: Whacked by a Caddy

Originally posted by JoeGatineau
My girlfriend just got back to town from a business trip so we go down to the mall...she's getting out of the car and the Max's door bumps the car next to us - a cadillac

The Caddy guy hops out and immediately gets in her face...literally screaming profanity. So I hop out and I mean I'm not too intimidating 5'8" with an uphill breeze. But you know times like this there are no options. So I get between this clown and my girl friend and now I'm getting jacked up over the situation and I say:

'...look you got 2 options either we take a look at your door and let me make arrangements with you or, we simply take this over there an settle it...'

This guy gets even more pumped but wants to take a look at his door. And look I realize this sucks when someone in a mall slaps your innocent unsuspecting door, but anyway we take a look - and I mean the paint is NOT even bruised.

This gets the guy even further ****ed so he starts in on me screaming about ****tly little foreign car owners no respect blah, blah, blah.

I go back at him and say look here is my card you want want to get it fixed you want to get it fixed you give me a call.

So I get my lady out of there. And you know what -

When we came back the Max had 3 tires slit and the passenger door completely keyed.

However, my girl friend got the plate No. [+ she, well there is no delicate way to put this, is a dancer at the pink panther] and she has a few friends of colourful character.

What should I do?

The poor Max had to be towed and that bastard in the CAA truck didn't treat her with the respect due!

This day has been sh*t.

bro that was a sh*tty day. sorry to hear about the max.

well you know what you have to do, payback is a *****!

btw was it an escalade, b/c if it was its just gonna be even more fun messing it up.

good luck.
Old 03-15-2002, 03:07 PM

Man that stinks. I think if some dude started screaming at me and the n I found out he slit the tires and keyed the door I think I would lose it.

SuDZ
Old 03-15-2002, 04:14 PM

Re: Whacked by a Caddy

That was an unfortunate situation but you should parked somewhere to avoid the inevitable.
Old 03-15-2002, 04:51 PM

You need to beat his *** for real. I would hunt him down like the dog that he is. Im 5'8" too but I pack a mean drop kick....damn karate pays off. Just playing, I wouldn't use that against him, its not part of the code, but I would recommend working with the law on this.
Old 03-15-2002, 07:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Payback is a b!tch. Make sure that when you're through with it, no one recognizes if it was a Caddy or a Kia.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:56 PM

Sad that these things have to happen.

But good thing you kept your cool. In the end, it was only your car that was damaged. If the guy was crazy enough to do all that to your car, who knows what might have happened if you had gotten into a fight.

But it does suck about the car.
Old 03-16-2002, 01:08 PM

Update

My girl friend asked a couple of five-0's, that routinely drop into the Panther [her work you gotta keep things amicable], to run the plates.

Just got off the horn with the LT; his recommendation for Kayla is, we can pursue this but with these kind of people sometimes it's best to let it go.

Recommendations appreciated...man am I tired of grabbing my ankles.

Originally posted by NYBlakMaxx
You need to beat his *** for real. I would hunt him down like the dog that he is. Im 5'8" too but I pack a mean drop kick....damn karate pays off. Just playing, I wouldn't use that against him, its not part of the code, but I would recommend working with the law on this.
Old 03-16-2002, 03:42 PM

Originally posted by JUDE
Payback is a b!tch. Make sure that when you're through with it, no one recognizes if it was a Caddy or a Kia.
YES.

if the cop says leave it be..then mayb thats best but you gotta figure for yourself whether its worth it man. i mean, you could tell if this is the kinda guy that will come after you (which is messed up) but screw it, i know i would pursue this. its justice man
Old 03-16-2002, 03:43 PM

by the way i thought this story was about racing. i used to like sevilles until one stomped my *** bad. i thought in your story, you were going to race the guy. phew.. good luck
Old 03-16-2002, 04:12 PM

that sux, I honestly don't know what I'd do if I was in your situation--will insurance help with it at all? I'm sure you're wishing you had left and parked somewhere else but don't beat yourself up thinking about it.

BTW, I had a guy in a CL-S tap my door once. I got out and nicely asked him to be more careful and he said "you have a maxima, it might as well be a domestic" or something to that effect. I just laughed b/c there was no damage.
Old 03-16-2002, 04:39 PM

you have a maxima, it might as well be a domestic???
i woulda knocked him on his a$s for that.
Old 03-16-2002, 05:10 PM

Sorry people...I'm a little more ticked about this because something like this happened to me and then I did nothing. About a week later
I realized what I should of done. (but I didn't have the option to
move my car...long story)

First of all...I would of moved my Maxima right there on the spot.
This guy was pumped up and ready to get even so just walking off and going in the mall was just asking for him to screw up your Maxima once
you left the area !!!..(thats just me..though !!!)

Second...You have 2 options now that this happened...neither of which
would be to just blow it off and do nothing.

#1...Get the police involved and give them your story and the plate
number and see if they can get this guy to admit he did this...The cops have a great ability to lie when they want someone to confess.
Here's how they do it !!!..They simply say that 2-3 people wittnessed
this happen and saw a man with your description get into your caddy
and gave us (the police) your plate number.

Some people depending how scared they get will admit and work it thru
their insurance and plead guilty to it...If he doesn't admit after
the police confront him than I would do option #2 !!

#2...Tell the police you saw the guy do it !!...and go to court
and you and your girlfriend testify and get the guy that way.

In fact...call the police and tell then this from the beginning
that you and your girlfriend saw the guy do it !!!

Option #3....get the address thru the plate number and go pay this
this guy a house call if you have the nerve to get even.

Hope this helps !!

TMeyers-Colorado
Old 03-16-2002, 07:50 PM

You're forgetting option #4

I have violent tendancies, I'd just say "sorry, lemme get you my insurance information" and then reach into my car grab my mag-lite and proceed to beat the living crap out of the guy until he's too incapacitated to damage my car. Screw that no one would get away with threatening my girlfriend.

Or, option #5 which is just as effective if not more satisfying, give him a condescending smirk, pick up your cell phone and proceed to call the cops and tell them this guy is threatening you. Remember to point and laugh as the cops haul his *** away.
Old 03-16-2002, 07:56 PM

Re: Update

Originally posted by JoeGatineau

Just got off the horn with the LT; his recommendation for Kayla is, we can pursue this but with these kind of people sometimes it's best to let it go.
That guy wasn't too crazy. He didn't do his work until they left.
Old 03-16-2002, 08:55 PM

Re: Re: Whacked by a Caddy

Originally posted by libo74

well you know what you have to do, payback is a *****!
good luck.
Hmm.... Sugar works wonders on people's cars
Old 03-16-2002, 09:39 PM

hilarious sig man ..
YOU EMBARASS ME
Old 03-16-2002, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by sil SE
hilarious sig man ..
YOU EMBARASS ME
LOL
Old 03-19-2002, 05:38 AM

turning the worm

That's it; Saturday night my lady gets home around 3am, her driver Joël comes in for a night cap as per usual.

So I regail him with the all the MAXs misery. And he just looks at me, gives me a shake as only a 350lbs gargantuan can, and says Joé don't worry about it things will work out. So he gets up and leaves.

Well not 2 minutes later I get a call and it's Joël from the limo, he says '...you didn't mention that the caddy sh*t4brains did Kayla's window. Joé I'm still working on it don't you get down and make sure nothing untoward happens to Kayla'

That's the thing CaddyMan didn't.

I race down to the driveway and sure enough a small boulder has shattered the passenger side window and wreaked devastation upon the passender side front bucket.

I go ballistic...then I think - Joël's done me a solid because now the insurance will have to replace the front bucket and it's CaddyMan's fault.

All this has been written-up in a previous post 'weight threshold for front bucket' .

The worm is finally turning.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:38 PM

huh?
Old 03-19-2002, 06:53 PM

wow this story is irritating the hell out of me..... why cant crap like that happen to me..... i would have dropped that guy quicker than shiet for talking to my girl like that... but of course im 6' 200lbs and my girl would never drive MY max ok i dont wanna think about what would happen........

Adam