General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.
View Poll Results: Who makes the Best mods For MAXIMA'S??
Stillen
42.86%
Cattman
42.86%
Jim Wolfe
0%
Unorthodox Racing
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Hey Can you guys give me some Advice....??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2002, 04:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey Can you guys give me some Advice....??

What up! I was just wondering IF anyone with good experience can give me some GOOD Advice....

There are Are so many diffrent Mod makers for Max's, I can't really tell who to buy products from. as I haven't had past experince in any of there products for Maxima's.

So my questions is which company do you guys by your Mod's from and which do you think are the best in performance.

I'm trying to upgrade various componets like..

1.B-pipe/Y-pipe
2.Intake/Cold intake
3.Cat Coveter/Under Pulley
4.Muffler/Pipe
5.Manifold
ect.. ect.. ect.. I think you guys get it. Probally a whole over haul. No more stock!

So which compay makes the best mods? The one;s I know of are..

1.Stillen
2.Cattman
3.Jim Wolfe
4.Place Racing
5.Random Technology
6.Unorthodox Racing

Are they Any other ones Better company's..???

Only thing I have heard Bad about Stillen is there enigine parts are loud as Hell... So if it's driving you crazy in the cockpit, i can imagine people outside and those 6:00 mornings LOL, Some will probally want to smack my mom LOL....

But really where do you guys by your mods from and who do you think makes the best with the best performance..???

Thanks for the help.... And I won my 3rd race in a row I am Getting NASTY!!!
Old 03-16-2002, 11:45 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Are you trying to be brand-loyal or something? Forget about brand! Just pick the parts you want from whatever company makes it. Some of those companies make unique parts. JWT makes a good ECU, UR makes UDPs, Stillen makes good bodykits....

You forgot one important newer company in that list: WARPSPEED! They make Y-pipes, intakes (almost as nice looking as PR I've heard but much cheaper), subframe connectors... They make good stuff, and best of all, they're CHEAP.

www.warpspeedperformance.com
Old 03-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This recently came up in another post... the consensus was that you shouldn't try to be brand loyal... because each company specializes in different things.

These are just my personal opinions, but I think many would agree with me...

For:

Bodykit - stillen (or wait a few months until springtime when some people here are coming out with new kits)

Intake - Place Racing if you want a Cold Air Intake (my recommendation) JWT POP Charger or Frankencar Intake if you don't want a CAI.

Ypipe - Warpspeed

Cat - Random Technology

Exhaust - Debatable. If you want quiet, just keep your stock exhaust. Aftermarket gains are negligable anyway. If you're going for looks with little sound - Apexi WS. If you're going for looks and sound - Greddy.

Springs - Totally up to you - do research

Brakes - Wilwood

Underdrive pulley - Don't get one (just kidding - don't want to start a war - there's debate if this thing does anything, if you really want it - go to unorthodox)

ECU - G Force (formerly UPRD)

Hope that helps, your sig says you have a 2k2 so some of these things won't apply, but you get a general idea. Every company specializes in different things, no one makes the best everything so look around.

Good Luck!
Old 03-16-2002, 05:54 PM

buy the turbo kit

group deal.
Old 03-16-2002, 09:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the help Guys...

I'm just gonna get part, buy part from diffrent location's, that seems like what everyone is telling me.. I figured that bu, thought maybe one company just speialized in Max's part better than another, so I figured, which ever company that was, all there parts that would have been the best... I quess I was wrong... I seems Stillen make better kits.. and Someone else makes better Pipes.... Just gotta figure which Company does what better.. (any suggestions)

Also How good is some of the Max's stock Vs Aftermarket what do you think I should keep or change..??

Again thanks for the info...
Old 03-16-2002, 11:09 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Max2002
Thanks for the help Guys...

I'm just gonna get part, buy part from diffrent location's, that seems like what everyone is telling me.. I figured that bu, thought maybe one company just speialized in Max's part better than another, so I figured, which ever company that was, all there parts that would have been the best... I quess I was wrong... I seems Stillen make better kits.. and Someone else makes better Pipes.... Just gotta figure which Company does what better.. (any suggestions)

Also How good is some of the Max's stock Vs Aftermarket what do you think I should keep or change..??

Again thanks for the info...
someone earlier mentioned the frankencar intake, i'm the co-owner i long time member of this site. i have a 2002 and i have one on my car and love. the pics, vids and testimonials speak for themselves, www.frankencar.com