General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

New Pics of Dual Exhaust and 2 HID pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 10:26 AM

Re: Re: well

Have you guys seen sx7rs?
Old 03-27-2002, 10:46 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Re: Re: well

Originally posted by yongjun
Have you guys seen sx7rs?

no what does it look like.

nice to see-ya 5liter.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:23 AM
www.autotalk.com

what ever you like GTR is better for you doesnt matter if we like it or not. I personally think thats ricey but hey its not my car. I agree with you carl, bigsadler's car looks SWEET with those DECENT dual mufflers.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:36 AM

HEh >>

Looks like you've strapped four JATO packs on the rear.

How does it sound compared to a single mufflered exhaust?
Old 03-27-2002, 05:08 PM

Re: HEh >>

Originally posted by Albertt
Looks like you've strapped four JATO packs on the rear.

How does it sound compared to a single mufflered exhaust?
sounds the exact same except for me putting the y-pipe on which made it too loud, so now i have to get a resonator put on it
Old 03-27-2002, 07:29 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

I think true duals from the headers would make us lose power. I mean dual pipes from the headers is effective on a big block V8 but we have smaller 3.0 V6's.. and a single connection to the downpipe is the most effective way.

Aren't duals are louder than singe exhausts for the most part becuase theres more piping there?

My friend told me he thinks my tips should stick out of the bumper more..becuase it looks more aggressive. I like the look on stangs but i'm not so sure if it's right on my maxima. What do you guys think? I would have them stick out like maybe a half inch more..

Old 03-27-2002, 11:30 PM
MAX

no way

Originally posted by Craig Mack
I think true duals from the headers would make us lose power. I mean dual pipes from the headers is effective on a big block V8 but we have smaller 3.0 V6's.. and a single connection to the downpipe is the most effective way.

Aren't duals are louder than singe exhausts for the most part becuase theres more piping there?

My friend told me he thinks my tips should stick out of the bumper more..becuase it looks more aggressive. I like the look on stangs but i'm not so sure if it's right on my maxima. What do you guys think? I would have them stick out like maybe a half inch more..

Dude, I wouldn't change your setup at all. That looks sweet as hell!
BTW nice rims
Old 03-27-2002, 11:57 PM
nissaned

Re: Re: Re: :o)

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa,whoa!!!!!!! damn hey guys were supposed to be family here no need for dissing, and all the negativity,comon were in it together to kick honda a$$ and claim the streets that we rule(via 18"bfg tires burning up my street,my ride of course,) but if theres a problem with his car hes probably aware and will fix it, and hes just trying to give you guys an idea of its apperance,if u were to be intrested,out.... nissaned/driven

Old 03-28-2002, 12:21 AM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

No way Craig, yours look tight. They look perfect flush with the bumper.
Old 03-28-2002, 12:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm SURE I've said this before, but keep your duals AS IS! They look great.

I think the most important thing about how loud duals are is the muffler sizes (volume) and diameter of the piping used.... could be wrong though!
Old 03-28-2002, 12:55 AM

Hey man they dont look bad, I dont really like the mufflers either but if you do than thats all that counts. I believe it is Craig Mack that has duals that I really like. Didnt he just put his on? Cant remember if im thinking of the right person. Take Care
Old 03-28-2002, 01:37 AM

True duals

Originally posted by DanNY
::ahem::
"true dual exhaust" - two separate pipes running from each exhaust manifold going to two cats (optional H or X pipe somewhere in the middle). two separate pipes then running to two mufflers.

you sir do not have a "true dual exhaust" it's a single exhaust that's branched out to two mufflers after the single cat/b-pipe area.

doesn't look bad...not my style..but if it works for u.
Ah, so that answers my question. It is like the single exhaust into dual muffler setup on the new Altimas (at least the one I saw on the showroom floor). Looks cool, more weight. Probably negligible performance benefit (my guess).
Old 03-28-2002, 01:44 AM

I disagree with your friend. I think those two tips peeking out look bad-***; more of a subtle menace than a flashy play. Maybe you should pinstripe "Subtle Menace" on your fender
Old 03-28-2002, 09:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Craig, you silly bastard, don't do it! Your seup looks tight as heck right now. Why would you want to have your setup looking like that of them Mustangs? Your setup is unique right now, so keep it.
Old 03-28-2002, 09:49 AM

Thank you boys..

Cumalot and everyone else, thanks for the boosting words. I will listen to you guys on this one and leave it be. After all, the 99+ GT stangs have duals like mine.

My friend is into the muscle cars...fox-body 5.0's, IROC camaro's, you know those ugly but fast peices of ****. I guess thats why he likes the tips sticking out boldly.

He always tells me about 80's camaro's and ****, and how they are soo fast and could "rape my maxima". I argue a little back about the many many obvious advantages the Max has, but he always goes back to that "raping" fact.

BowieMax, got anymore pics of your rims/car? Man my 17's look small sometimes..even been mistaken for 16's

97ABMAX, Yes that is me
Old 03-28-2002, 06:00 PM

awww---why not.

That looks worse than a Honda. What a waste of cash on an exhaust that looks like it might tip the car over. YUK!
Old 03-28-2002, 07:27 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: awww---why not.

no offense but thats coming from someone with Altezzas......how ironic....

Originally posted by shumax
That looks worse than a Honda. What a waste of cash on an exhaust that looks like it might tip the car over. YUK!
Old 03-28-2002, 09:22 PM

Well if you are refering to me, those tailights are about as close to a honda as you can get my friend, but whatever floats your boat, and to all who think the mufflers are too big, you will just have to take a closer look at them at NOPI this year, they really are not all that large
Old 03-28-2002, 09:32 PM

Re: Re: awww---why not.

I like the effort, and the individuality, but for some reason it just doesn't look right. I think it's the pics, but it looks like the mufflers are falling off. Kind of like those old 80's junkers with a rusty muffler banging around on half a hanger. I know they sit that low for clearance, but maybe it would have been better to do the whole thing at once (custom bumper with new cutouts, mount the mufflers higher, etc.). And to me, the DTM style doesn't work on a Maxima. Big round car, and then these squared off looking mufflers. On a 300ZX, that style rocks, but on a Maxima or an Accord (I saw those mufflers on that too) it looks kind of weird.

Originally posted by GTRBlkMax97
Well if you are refering to me, those tailights are about as close to a honda as you can get my friend, but whatever floats your boat, and to all who think the mufflers are too big, you will just have to take a closer look at them at NOPI this year, they really are not all that large
Old 03-28-2002, 10:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: awww---why not.

Originally posted by Shadow
I like the effort, and the individuality, but for some reason it just doesn't look right. I think it's the pics, but it looks like the mufflers are falling off. Kind of like those old 80's junkers with a rusty muffler banging around on half a hanger. I know they sit that low for clearance, but maybe it would have been better to do the whole thing at once (custom bumper with new cutouts, mount the mufflers higher, etc.). And to me, the DTM style doesn't work on a Maxima. Big round car, and then these squared off looking mufflers. On a 300ZX, that style rocks, but on a Maxima or an Accord (I saw those mufflers on that too) it looks kind of weird.

I kind of agree as well...I like your Hannabi HID's, even though I still want them, only in purple though, but I'd pass on that exhaust setup...sorry man! Or maybe just a diff mufflers and tips, this is more for euro cars like AUDI or BMW I'd say!

Oh, & that joke about "wanna be momo arrow in the past" was hilarious btw

Shadow, whatever happened to that wing TYPE II that you were fixing to make???
Old 03-29-2002, 01:37 AM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Re: Re: Re: awww---why not.

Originally posted by EuroMaxima99SE

I kind of agree as well...I like your Hannabi HID's, even though I still want them, only in purple though, but I'd pass on that exhaust setup...sorry man! Or maybe just a diff mufflers and tips, this is more for euro cars like AUDI or BMW I'd say!

Oh, & that joke about "wanna be momo arrow in the past" was hilarious btw

Shadow, whatever happened to that wing TYPE II that you were fixing to make???

I don't see why the wanna-be Momo Arrows is so funny. I guess you guys don't know wheels that well. If I wanted Momos, I would have bought Momos. They are very different. It's all about the CLEAN look, no emblyms, no antenna, no door guards, no keyhole ... no lug nuts. I searched long and hard to find wheels with a center cap (hiding the lug nuts). It's not easy.
Old 03-29-2002, 04:17 AM
Master Will

out of all who have duals

I like in this order

1.bigsadler
2.5literkiller
3.craigmack
4.GTRBlkMax97(dude I feel like everyone else it's good you have duals but the muffler "tips" are not working)

duals is all about the right tip setup,angle,style,look,.....
Old 03-29-2002, 08:38 AM

What would you all think about 2 N1 mufflers on the back?
Old 03-29-2002, 09:36 AM

Jeez man, all the haters!

Almost every person that has posted that has a sig pic could be picked on! Man, people's style and tastes vary! I personally hate the huge Honduh style wing (Ihave a honduh too....) on "fake Momo" guys car....If he hates on someone, he needs hated back! Jeez! The constructive posts, ala "maybe you should fill the hole," sure those are welcome....but throwing the "R" word around at fellow maxima drivers that put time, thought, creativity, and money into trying to do something unique, or just something they like, is uncalled for!

I get so annoyed at how "young" and "honda-ish" the org is getting...especially the 4th gen forum! I have been a member almost two years, and don't have many posts, but I have always loved coming here. Even when I sold my '96 and had a 99 Accord Ex and 95Teg GSR, I hung out here. Better people, more grown up, more civil, more thoughtful, more helpful. Even when I have been serious about my Honda's, I couldn't really enjoy the Honda web-boards like I have Maxima.org.

Maybe I am just getting older, but I don't think so. Others have voiced the same concern in recent months.

One of the biggest things that bug me are the comments like "that is so played out" or "dude, the trend is going this way now" suggesting that one should conform to it! Who care where the trend is going! Are the people that say that going to follow the trend when the in thing is to put a 12" lift on a Maxima?? (Not real likely I know.) I remember when the hottest topic on here was "Can we get APC to make Altezzas for us??" There was an email campaign going! But now the "trend" has changed, and if you don't conform and bag the Altezza idea, you are so uncool! I don't understand it!

Maybe I am alone, maybe not. But I think other long term members of the .org are getting a little fed up with it too!
Old 03-29-2002, 09:57 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

get the thumbs up from me.
Old 03-29-2002, 10:03 AM

Yes! That would look tight. I say go for it. A whole lot better than your current tips IMO.
Old 03-29-2002, 10:22 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by fst96se
12" lift on a Maxima??
ummm, 4th gens comes stok with that.....duh! *rimshot*
Old 03-29-2002, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

ummm, 4th gens comes stok with that.....duh! *rimshot*
Nah, they come stock with a 4" lift! I'm talking about the upcoming trend of going up ANOTHER 12", putting 35" Mickey Thompson Super Swampers on it, and doing the true 4x4 conversion!
Old 03-29-2002, 11:21 AM

There's a difference between "haters" and constructive criticism. The vast majority of responses to this post have been pretty constructive, with a lot of them being that people respect the effort but don't like the mufflers he chose. Then again, remember... it doesn't matter. It's his car, and if he likes them he'll keep them. The people here are just expressing an opinion and most are doing it pretty well in this post.
Old 03-29-2002, 11:33 AM

Maybe I am alone, maybe not. But I think other long term members of the .org are getting a little fed up with it too!
Actually I see nothing wrong with this thread... the man asked for our opinions, we posted them. If you actually payed attention, the majority of the people who posted and said they didn't like them also included that it was his choice and his car, and that whatever tickles his pickle is his business.

Btw, I think Craigs duals look the best out of all of them, and no you shouldn't change em bro!
Old 03-29-2002, 12:30 PM

look who's talking !!!
Old 03-29-2002, 12:34 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: awww---why not.

Originally posted by MaximaRox
look who's talking !!!
seriously.....ironic isn't it!
Old 03-29-2002, 01:21 PM
Licensed to Spell

Almost every person that has posted that has a sig pic could be picked on! Man, people's style and tastes vary! I personally hate the huge Honduh style wing (Ihave a honduh too....) on "fake Momo" guys car....If he hates on someone, he needs hated back! Jeez! The constructive posts, ala "maybe you should fill the hole," sure those are welcome....but throwing the "R" word around at fellow maxima drivers that put time, thought, creativity, and money into trying to do something unique, or just something they like, is uncalled for!

I get so annoyed at how "young" and "honda-ish" the org is getting...especially the 4th gen forum! I have been a member almost two years, and don't have many posts, but I have always loved coming here. Even when I sold my '96 and had a 99 Accord Ex and 95Teg GSR, I hung out here. Better people, more grown up, more civil, more thoughtful, more helpful. Even when I have been serious about my Honda's, I couldn't really enjoy the Honda web-boards like I have Maxima.org.

Maybe I am just getting older, but I don't think so. Others have voiced the same concern in recent months.

One of the biggest things that bug me are the comments like "that is so played out" or "dude, the trend is going this way now" suggesting that one should conform to it! Who care where the trend is going! Are the people that say that going to follow the trend when the in thing is to put a 12" lift on a Maxima?? (Not real likely I know.) I remember when the hottest topic on here was "Can we get APC to make Altezzas for us??" There was an email campaign going! But now the "trend" has changed, and if you don't conform and bag the Altezza idea, you are so uncool! I don't understand it!

Relax man, it's all cool.
Old 03-29-2002, 04:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

will- thanks for the compliment..

as far as N1 mufflers i convinced my friend to do those on a straight line instead of angles because he didnt want to mess with his spare tire... so i'll have pictures of that as soon as my exhaust guy a few free hours to do some work..

gtrblkmax- do what is best for you, i put my mufflers on angles because it was something that you dont see done a lot and i think it looks unique and clean.. plus you can cheat and not have them exactly at the same angle, but straight back is hard because they have to be perfect or it looks funny.. get some better pictures of your mufflers so we can get a feel for how they look from more angles..
Old 03-29-2002, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler
=but straight back is hard because they have to be perfect or it looks funny..
You got that right! From 7:50am to 6:50pm is the length it took me and my exhaust guy to do my whole deal + y-pipe. Keep in mind we had to reweld and cut and cut and do alot of sizing up.

We probubly sat the tips at 100 different angles before I chose.