General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Sarona Eyelids

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 12:39 PM
Guy with the Orange Max

Sarona Eyelids

I just received my Sarona Eyelids from Custommaxima today. Greg was a good person to buy from. This thread is not against him. Sarona eyelids are a POS. They are not even the same shape, the cutting is terrible. I think I could've made a better product and I don't have any experience with fiberglass. I recommend that no one purchases these.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:02 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i take it you're not putting them on?
Old 04-09-2002, 10:42 PM

I know how you feel. I was one of the first to order them and returned them the next day for the same reasons you stated. they are the reason why I have to keep these silver eyelids you see right now since I already shaves the "nibs" off in advance for the saronas. I keep them covered up because it looks terrible until I either make my own or wait until someone makes some quality ones.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

why dont you just make your own?? buy the AVS headlight covers, make the desired design and cut it out with a hacksaw, very slowly, and paint them body color.

looks a lot better then the cheesy strip people paint on the clear headlight lenses and you can make any design you want...
Old 04-09-2002, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler
why dont you just make your own?? buy the AVS headlight covers, make the desired design and cut it out with a hacksaw, very slowly, and paint them body color.

looks a lot better then the cheesy strip people paint on the clear headlight lenses and you can make any design you want...
where would you get those? I tried looking for the old gts headlight covers but they went out of business I heard
Old 04-09-2002, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by Nismo

where would you get those? I tried looking for the old gts headlight covers but they went out of business I heard
gts did go out of business... avs is the new headlight cover dealer.. you can check online for them or i know a guy in NJ that ships anywhere that carries them.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:03 AM

Originally posted by thebigsadler

gts did go out of business... avs is the new headlight cover dealer.. you can check online for them or i know a guy in NJ that ships anywhere that carries them.
thanks, I just ordered a pair of the covers. have you ever made any from them? if so, how hard was it to do?
Old 04-10-2002, 12:10 AM

Re: Sarona Eyelids

Originally posted by airmattdog
I just received my Sarona Eyelids from Custommaxima today. Greg was a good person to buy from. This thread is not against him. Sarona eyelids are a POS. They are not even the same shape, the cutting is terrible. I think I could've made a better product and I don't have any experience with fiberglass. I recommend that no one purchases these.
I got a Sarona product through Custommaxima too (rear window wing). It was a POS; didn't fit right and it was falling apart out of the box. The fiberglass guy at my friend's shop was appalled at the quality. Greg took great care of me, no problems. I'll do business with him again, but not for Sarona products.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:12 AM

yeah i made some 2 years ago.. they are in my room, i dropped one and then proceeded to step on it and i never got around to making new ones..

draw out your design on masking tape on the headlight cover.. get a small handheld hacksaw with a metal or plastic cutting blade and go very slowly.. sand the edge down smooth and prime the cover and paint it.. i used 2 coats primer...3 coats paint... and 2 coats clear..