General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

UPRD ECU first impressions >>>>>Yeah Baby!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2000, 07:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

All right {any one want to race!!} before I say anything keep in mind that I installed the UPRD ECU,Stillen Alloy Flywheel and Centerforce Stage III Clutch all at the same time,so another words some of the gains are contributed to the Light wait Flywheel,All right my car has defanetly become much faster there is a very notacible difference in the high end,the new power is very notacible at 3500+ RPM's in all gears right up to red line,the car pulls in 5th gear very stongly now simular as 4th gear was before,funny thing is some puck A$$ in a Corola thought he was a hot shot when I was going down the high and lets just say he got Murdered and I was not even trying at all I did not even bother to down shift from 5TH to 3RD there was no need haha.Also first gear weinds up so fast now that it just screams to redline in a split second and 2nd is simalar but not quite as dramatic.I would like to also say to anyone who wants there car to shift like butter then get some Redline MTL it works wonders it is a night and day difference from Amsoil tranny fluid.One final note out of all the Mods I have ever done {look in sig} none of them realy were very notacible atleast nothing like todays add ons.Feel free to coment
Old 11-28-2000, 07:35 PM

If would be nice to see the gains in the 1/4 mile time?
Are you going down to the track anytime soon?
Old 11-28-2000, 08:00 PM

Track

Next Spring I most likely will see what I can do in the 1/4 mile,I think up here in NewEngland import night has ended at the strip this season all ready so I will have to wait until April.
Old 11-28-2000, 08:06 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

Sounds great... now where is Cheston?

let's get this gd going...santa is coming.
Old 11-28-2000, 08:25 PM
MAC

Hey emax,
hows the pedal feel on ceterforce III? I have a ACT II carbon kevlar clutch. The pedal is a tad heavier than stock, but very drivable in rush hour traffic. I was scared of the III being too heavy and too grabby.

Also, how much did it set you back for clutch, and how much for fly wheel. I'm thinking of fly wheel as next mod.

later,
Ming

Originally posted by emax95
All right {any one want to race!!} before I say anything keep in mind that I installed the UPRD ECU,Stillen Alloy Flywheel and Centerforce Stage III Clutch all at the same time,so another words some of the gains are contributed to the Light wait Flywheel,All right my car has defanetly become much faster there is a very notacible difference in the high end,the new power is very notacible at 3500+ RPM's in all gears right up to red line,the car pulls in 5th gear very stongly now simular as 4th gear was before,funny thing is some puck A$$ in a Corola thought he was a hot shot when I was going down the high and lets just say he got Murdered and I was not even trying at all I did not even bother to down shift from 5TH to 3RD there was no need haha.Also first gear weinds up so fast now that it just screams to redline in a split second and 2nd is simalar but not quite as dramatic.I would like to also say to anyone who wants there car to shift like butter then get some Redline MTL it works wonders it is a night and day difference from Amsoil tranny fluid.One final note out of all the Mods I have ever done {look in sig} none of them realy were very notacible atleast nothing like todays add ons.Feel free to coment
Old 11-28-2000, 08:32 PM

Clutch/Flywheel

The CenterForce Clutch set me back $285 and the Alloy Flywheel was $475,these were both from stillen {Dean},As for pedal feeling it is strange and will take some getting use to I would not at all describe it as harsh/hard feeling rather really soft too soft in fact,strange huh but it really holds very well in gears,I have yet to beat on it cause I have to brake it in first then I will let it rip.
Old 11-28-2000, 09:50 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Re: Clutch/Flywheel

See what's i've been saying since September!?!?!?

come on people! lets get moving! more people! less money we all need to spend!!!

The CenterForce Clutch set me back $285 and the Alloy Flywheel was $475,these were both from stillen {Dean},As for pedal feeling it is strange and will take some getting use to I would not at all describe it as harsh/hard feeling rather really soft too soft in fact,strange huh but it really holds very well in gears,I have yet to beat on it cause I have to brake it in first then I will let it rip.
Old 11-28-2000, 11:09 PM
DOM

When exactly is a 5th generation Uprd ECU coming out? I keep hearing that the ECU mod can't be done.
Old 11-29-2000, 12:17 AM
STFU n00b!

yeah, what about us po' boys in our old beater cars?!
the runts still need to have fun too..
Cheston??
Old 11-29-2000, 04:37 AM

D, Are you coming down to LI this Sunday?

Originally posted by doug
you can't run too far Brett
Originally posted by Confused
Old 11-29-2000, 05:28 AM

ATTN emax95

What weight and Redling MTL did you use? I want to change out mine as well. Also, how much do I need?
Old 11-29-2000, 07:20 AM
Keven97SE

The things you're noticing are due to the flywheel, believe it or not. The ECU gives a massive torque boost right around 4500 rpms (you'll notice more pull between ~3000-5000), but the better 1st gear performance, high rpm pull, and maybe even the 5th gear performance is due to the flywheel. A LW flywheel really improves 1st gear accel, but the benefit drops off exponentially with each gear. Read some comments by other car owners (M3, Miata, etc) with lightweight flywheels and their comments match yours almost word for word. The ECU is no doubt contributing to your increased acceleration as well, but just not as much.

Can't wait for my flywheel to go in!

...there is a very notacible difference in the high end,the new power is very notacible at 3500+ RPM's in all gears right up to red line,the car pulls in 5th gear very stongly now simular as 4th gear was before...I did not even bother to down shift from 5TH to 3RD there was no need haha.Also first gear weinds up so fast now that it just screams to redline in a split second and 2nd is simalar but not quite as dramatic.

Old 11-29-2000, 05:19 PM

Sat in brooklyn (won't be there) Sunday in the hamptons at the track.

LI? I thought it was brooklyn Toy r us?
you can't run too far Brett