General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

92 SE or 96 SE?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 11:54 PM
Sports Button FTW

here's another pic...wowsers eh? only if it had some silver/alloy/chrome rims on, then it would be 110% fire...the gunmetal/black isn't bad though
Old 05-12-2002, 01:15 AM
Chassis Freak

Nah, I don't really like the Sarona kit. Those two pics of the white one are definitely not my thing. I can handle the blue one, it's ok.

I really dig the first and fourth 3rd-gen pics DA-MAX posted, I like the old school boxy BMW-type look. But I like the modded 4th-gen look better. They're two totally different looks and I love them both.

Definitely gonna be a black 97-99 SE for me.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:43 AM

Originally posted by meccanoble

the first pic looks horrible...that lower mesh grille just makes the car look like them old BMW's that are hooked up...like early 90s to high 80's...but the other ones look pretty tight...never knew the 3rd gen could look that good...although they are NOTHING and i mean NOTHING compared to 4th gen with a sarona kit on...

i hope this following pic changes your mind Masaccio.....

DA-MAX pulled out the heavy artillery...that's 3rd gen at it's best ehh? i'll show you..hahahahah

http://www.sarona.com/Nissan/KIT_MAX_9599R.jpg
http://www.sarona.com/Nissan/KIT_MAX_9599F.jpg

even the 5th gen looks better than 3rd gen

http://www.sarona.com/Nissan/KIT_MAXIMA2000_ETC_F.jpg
yup those Minimas look hot dont they?
Old 05-12-2002, 12:36 PM
Sports Button FTW

whew

got him to change his mind

the minima's sure do
Old 05-12-2002, 12:43 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...out of all the 4th/5th gen kits you chose to represent your car you picked Sarona!?!?!

just playing though! its all good man, its all in good humor, everyone is partial to their Gen...as long as its Max its all good!

3rd gens are still the best!
Old 05-12-2002, 01:12 PM
Sports Button FTW

^^^ hate to say it but you're right

we are all one big happy family ....let's stop this racist bull (white vs black) -- (3rd gen vs 4th gen) and attack the ****'s! (HONa's and acunuts)

I love you DA-MAX
Old 05-12-2002, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by meccanoble
whew

got him to change his mind

the minima's sure do
When will people ever understand? This is all opinion. If it weren't for people with different opinions, Beetles and PT Cruisers wouldn't sell. But SOME PEOPLE like them, so hey - let them enjoy them. Doesn't hurt you at all.

Why do you want us that like 3rd gens to change our minds? Do you want me to get rid of my 3rd gen and get a 4th gen because you seem to think they look better? Really - what is the point of all this? Does it hurt your feelings that we like something other than your car?

I was going to keep this all to myself, but since you guys are saying all this crap that isn't relevant and serves no purpose to the discussion, here's my opinion: Body kits in general look really stupid - what's cooler than hanging 100lbs of crap on your car to make it "look fast" in some people's eyes? What's cooler than a bunch of fake scoops? Plastic that sags over time... etc.

The 3rd gen is a classic and timeless design much like that of high-level BMW sedans. It will look nice forever. It even looks nice in colours I hate. It looks nice stock or modded, with just about any combination of parts (there are exceptions of course). The '95/'96 4th gen is a style-less potato with a lift-kit. The '97-'99 4th gens look much better, but only in the right colour, with the right springs and wheels. The 5th gen looks like a big Neon - it's hard to control my laughter when I see them on the street. That one you posted is hilarious!!! Looks like some sort of bottom-feeding fish.

That blue max you posted looks great IMO - probably one of the first 4th gen I have seen that I liked, but the coolest thing about it is the colour and the wheels. If it were gold or white, it would look dumb.

Okay - that's it for my opinion. Did that help things?

Do my thoughts make any difference to you? Does this change the way you feel about your car? NO, right? So then, what's the point of saying all that crap about other cars? What's the point in saying "3rd gens are nothing (and I mean nothing) compared to a 4th gen..." or whatever you said? Really - what's the point? I ask because I have never understood this kind of bullsh!t. We are all here simply because we have a Maxima and we like Maximas. PLAY NICE.

Thread content: This whole thing was comparing JUST '95/'96 cars to 3rd gens. NOT '97-'99 4th gens. I posted a pic of a '96 car (didn't know i was GXE) compared to my '93 because both are stock. My car came stock with alloys (like every single 3rd gen) and fogs (like evry SE). Okay so the 4th gen is a base model - picture it with different wheels and black trim - boom it's an SE. I saw a '96 SE today when I got breakfast - it looked EXACTLY like the car I posted, but with black trim, different wheels and a spoiler. What's the big deal?

Have a nice day - enjoy the ride.

-Jacob
Old 05-12-2002, 01:38 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by jacob
Body kits in general look really stupid - what's cooler than hanging 100lbs of crap on your car to make it "look fast"
100lbs?!? thats a heavy *** kit, whats it made of steel!
Old 05-12-2002, 02:17 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

When will people ever understand? This is all opinion. If it weren't for people with different opinions, Beetles and PT Cruisers wouldn't sell. But SOME PEOPLE like them, so hey - let them enjoy them. Doesn't hurt you at all.

Why do you want us that like 3rd gens to change our minds? Do you want me to get rid of my 3rd gen and get a 4th gen because you seem to think they look better? Really - what is the point of all this? Does it hurt your feelings that we like something other than your car?

I was going to keep this all to myself, but since you guys are saying all this crap that isn't relevant and serves no purpose to the discussion, here's my opinion: Body kits in general look really stupid - what's cooler than hanging 100lbs of crap on your car to make it "look fast" in some people's eyes? What's cooler than a bunch of fake scoops? Plastic that sags over time... etc.

The 3rd gen is a classic and timeless design much like that of high-level BMW sedans. It will look nice forever. It even looks nice in colours I hate. It looks nice stock or modded, with just about any combination of parts (there are exceptions of course). The '95/'96 4th gen is a style-less potato with a lift-kit. The '97-'99 4th gens look much better, but only in the right colour, with the right springs and wheels. The 5th gen looks like a big Neon - it's hard to control my laughter when I see them on the street. That one you posted is hilarious!!! Looks like some sort of bottom-feeding fish.

That blue max you posted looks great IMO - probably one of the first 4th gen I have seen that I liked, but the coolest thing about it is the colour and the wheels. If it were gold or white, it would look dumb.

Do my thoughts make any difference to you? Does this change the way you feel about your car? NO, right? So then, what's the point of saying all that crap about other cars? What's the point in saying "3rd gens are nothing (and I mean nothing) compared to a 4th gen..." or whatever you said? Really - what's the point? I ask because I have never understood this kind of bullsh!t. We are all here simply because we have a Maxima and we like Maximas. PLAY NICE.

Thread content: This whole thing was comparing JUST '95/'96 cars to 3rd gens. NOT '97-'99 4th gens. I posted a pic of a '96 car (didn't know i was GXE) compared to my '93 because both are stock. My car came stock with alloys (like every single 3rd gen) and fogs (like evry SE). Okay so the 4th gen is a base model - picture it with different wheels and black trim - boom it's an SE. I saw a '96 SE today when I got breakfast - it looked EXACTLY like the car I posted, but with black trim, different wheels and a spoiler. What's the big deal?

-Jacob
I think this thread should be locked. Alot of us can't understand how you can dislike the modded '95-96 design, and you can't understang why we don't like 3rd gens..this will NEVER end.. so I think this little thread should just be locked.
Old 05-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Sports Button FTW

-Jacob
you must not have looked at the last page because at the end of it towards the beginning of this page, me and DA-MAX had an emotional stand point about how us maxima owners are bias to the generations we own...our cars are different and we all have different tastes...we know difference is what makes life interesting and me and DA-MAX understand it's not a generation thing but a maxima thing so calm the heck down and relax yo mind let your conscience free, we already understand this is a maxima thing.....
Old 05-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

geez...all u people sound like women in the end, yes the 4th gen is ugly, but since when is picking one car over the other depend on looks (except when my sister is buying a car )