General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My Morning at Autoplace Nissan/Infiniti....(long)....

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 10:54 AM

My Morning at Autoplace Nissan/Infiniti....(long)....

Ok, I went in the have a 4 wheel alignment(3rd gen) and a Mobil 1 Oil change. Also, that little metal cap on the end of the spindle on your front wheels was rattling. It needed a new cotter pin. They did it for free. The alignment is nice and the car runs smooth. 112bucks later. I'm happy.

Now, I did some test drives. I really wanted to drive a g35, but its kinda of out of my range so I didn't waste his time. First I drove a 99 Maxima SE Auto, no leather or roof, but climate, power heated seats.

I'mpressions. The car is smooth. Its shifts nice. The power is there, but the tranny is hesitant to downshift. My 3rd gen is quicker to respond, but the 4th gen is much smoother. I love the interior and the guage setup. The handling is ok, but feels to light and loose compared to my modded 3rd gen, but thats not a fair comparison. I really wanted to test a 5sp, but they had NONE!

Next up, a 2002 SE-R Spec V. woha. I was nervous to drive it. I'm not really a pro at manual trannys and I didn't want to mess up. Good news, this car is easy to learn on, and easy to get the hang of.

Impressions. Power, this car has it, but I'm not an experienced driver so I don't know how to get it all out. The guy was around 200lbs and he kept putting the a/c on. The car felt good. Giving some good gas in 5th gear the car just moves. No wimpy car here. The handling is great, probably as hard as my eibach/tokico max, but maybe even firmer. I love the seats. They hold you tight. For some crazy reason I had more leg room than in the SE Sentra I sat in last year. Maybe these seats move farther back.

The deal. He wanted to sell me this car. He says 39 month lease, 2500 TOTAL down, includes everything, for 250 a month. I thought that was a good price. This car doesn't have the Rockford or the sunroof, but its a spec v, so it has the goods.

I'm not really ready to lease yet so I get up and thank him. He says, this is a great deal, where are you gonna lease one like this. They he goes, I mean, for 230 bucks a month. I was like 230? He said he would do if for that. Thats a great deal, but I can't right now.

I'm starting a new job, and I want to wait till I'm more set. This is my first Post college job and the start of a career.

We'll see.

Mike S.
Old 05-30-2002, 11:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: My Morning at Autoplace Nissan/Infiniti....(long)....

Originally posted by Mike S.
First I drove a 99 Maxima SE Auto, no leather or roof, but climate, power heated seats.
So what do you do when it rains?

And if I were you I would look into the new Altima. Even if it's the 4cyl 5spd, it's got so much more than the Sentra. I guess the Sentra appeals more to the eye, but atleast look into the Altima. I think you'll like it. And the 4th Gen is also a great car, and if you get that you would have little more money left over for goodies.
-Cyrus