General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

When is the showdown for Woodear vs. Jim W at E-town?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2000, 11:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just want to know in advance so maybe I can bring some of the Mass. Maxima members down to check it out. I know both of these guys from the BBS and I know it is all for fun. Want to come down and meet some the guys from NY & NJ. Any Max guys will take a run or two at E-town? Let's have some fun while we are there. Would love to see some of the S/C Maxs run. Talk to you guys again soon.

Ken
Old 09-04-2000, 11:51 AM

I might try and make that myself. I'm not sure if I want to run though. Sometimes I feel naked without any tranny mods.

Can NE1 explain how one goes about registering and all? Is there any kind of fee?

Jim
Old 09-04-2000, 01:06 PM

I am ready ANYTIME, Jim just needs to throw me a date.
I think he is waiting for the weather to get cooler so his turbo will make more HP.
Old 09-04-2000, 01:11 PM
is invisible

Ah..just buy him some bags of ice. :) nm

TT
Old 09-04-2000, 03:47 PM

Ill run without a doubt. I live bout hour and a half away from there. Franklin Square Long Island baby. any one live around here?
Old 09-05-2000, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by WoodEar
I think he is waiting for the weather to get cooler so his turbo will make more HP.
Alright I will bring down the nitro tanks for Jim W. Seriously let me know in advance so I can make arrangements to come down. It is a good long ride for us MA boyz... Is the loser buying us dinner or something???? hehehe Now you guys got to make it worth it for us to show our support!! Right Woodear and Jim??

Ken
Old 09-05-2000, 12:52 PM
JimW

Oh, sure, it'll be worth your while-->

Originally posted by Ken
Originally posted by WoodEar
Alright I will bring down the nitro tanks for Jim W. Seriously let me know in advance so I can make arrangements to come down. It is a good long ride for us MA boyz... Is the loser buying us dinner or something???? hehehe Now you guys got to make it worth it for us to show our support!! Right Woodear and Jim??

Ken
A nice 6500 rpm clutch drop, with 4 spinning tires, and one heavily fried clutch coming right up...
That's another reason that I'm waiting. I've got 7k miles onthe car, and that's mostly highway miles. I need to get a few more city miles on the car before I beat the living whee out of her.
Of course cool weather doesn't hurt turboed and intercooled cars any ..

Old 09-05-2000, 08:53 PM

Then I don't know if it's gonna happen.
Supposely my suspension is arriving this Friday according to UPS tracking, I'm making appointment at my dealer to do the work for next week, then I am getting some 19" and the car won't see the track after that.

Btw, Jim, I am wondering, why do you need to break the car in more? I know you have to do so if you gonna abuse it on track. But why wound you need to abuse it to race me? Didn't you beat 2 GS400's without abusing it?