General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I have decided to keep my foglights

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 12:37 AM

I have decided to keep my foglights

I had posted a thread but can't find it. Anyway, I had recieved a pair of brand new fogs off ebay. I got them but were not in perfect condition. The part where the plug clips too was broken on both fogs but no big deal right?! I can just use electrical tape and bam...im good. Other thing, i didn't read on the bid page that it was just the fogs and no stalk and brackets. Well, i was gonna send them back but I can get a new stalk for fogs. Now all I need is the brackets.

My question is....how hard will it be to get the brackets? And is there anything else I need? I was gonna go to my local dealership and try to get the remaing parts so I can install these puppies.
Old 07-01-2002, 04:36 AM

Re: I have decided to keep my foglights

Originally posted by NYBlakMaxx
I had posted a thread but can't find it. Anyway, I had recieved a pair of brand new fogs off ebay. I got them but were not in perfect condition. The part where the plug clips too was broken on both fogs but no big deal right?! I can just use electrical tape and bam...im good. Other thing, i didn't read on the bid page that it was just the fogs and no stalk and brackets. Well, i was gonna send them back but I can get a new stalk for fogs. Now all I need is the brackets.

My question is....how hard will it be to get the brackets? And is there anything else I need? I was gonna go to my local dealership and try to get the remaing parts so I can install these puppies.
stock fogs r the way to do they look the best and r rather bright, but i can only say that iv heard they r hard to put in, iv never had to so my own. I know Nissan is mad expensive for fogs, last summer they want $250 for one!, but in this case u might have to go to them unless u hit some junk yards and get luckey
Old 07-01-2002, 05:58 AM

Re: Re: I have decided to keep my foglights

Originally posted by AltezzaMikeGTR

stock fogs r the way to do they look the best and r rather bright, but i can only say that iv heard they r hard to put in, iv never had to so my own. I know Nissan is mad expensive for fogs, last summer they want $250 for one!, but in this case u might have to go to them unless u hit some junk yards and get luckey
Well, my local dealership want $225! Hell naw Im not paying that much for fogs. I asked Courtest Nissan for a quote on brackets and they about $75 shipped for both sides. Damn that is mad dough, and I might be getting a stalk for $50. That is $135 in hardware alone....and i still have to pay for the fogs!