Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

18x8.5 Volk Racing TE-37 GD

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003 | 08:04 PM
lcf

Hm.
Old 07-14-2003 | 11:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Smokin, did he give you a tracking number for the shipment?
Old 07-15-2003 | 12:28 AM

Hope all works out. This is kind of why I wanted to pursue some more answers. Hope he gets better on timeliness for responses.
Old 07-15-2003 | 06:53 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

sorry to hear about your troubles guys, but "I finally posted something!" doesnt carry substance and trust in my book.
hope everything works out
Old 07-15-2003 | 12:54 PM

Originally posted by SWEETSOUND2001
Smokin, did he give you a tracking number for the shipment?
No! He sent me an email last Tuesday saying that the wheels had been shipped and he will email me the tracking number. I sent him a lot emails to remind him to send me the tracking # but I haven't heard from him since last Tuesday. As I mentioned Kitsune said that I should get the wheels by Friday, but as of Today I haven't received it. Thinking that he may have shipped ground, today is the 5th business day and i haven't received anything yet.

I don't know what to do except wait. Any suggestions
Old 07-16-2003 | 02:17 PM
lcf

Originally posted by Kitsune
Sorry that I haven't replied been really busy lately. I get my wheels straight from Japan I am in the military so I can bring back items that I buy. Wheels in Japan are really cheap if bought in bulk like 5+. Since I bring them back on a plane I don't pay anything so I charge people $200 or depending on where you live. I just recently sold wheels to some people if you want to ask them my business practices just email

Wardjame75@msn.com
Jennifersotto@excite.com

thanks

Kitsune
You could try emailing these people and see if you even get a response. Who knows if these addresses are even real or not or even if they are/were truly customers of Kitsune.
Originally posted by Kitsune
the wheels are on order basis. for parts I usually go to a performance junk jard where cars that are wrecked goes in there and we take off the parts and clean it and bring it back and sell it. This way is usually cheaper than ordering new parts, but I can also get my hands on new parts. As of now I am selling wheels to nwnissan group.

thanks

Kitsune
WTF is NWNissan group? You could try finding out if Kitsune has ripped people off over there as well. At least you'd have closure.

I'm sure the whole not-knowing part is killing you.

My sympathies.
Old 07-16-2003 | 02:23 PM
lcf

Oh! Another thing, did you ever find out which part of the military he's in? If you have his name... you can find him and get him in some deep ****. I've had customers who were in the military and they tell me that if they ever tried to be shady like that it would be extremely bad for their military careers. At least it could help find the bastard somehow?

GL, man.

And hey, if the 5% chance that this thing is legit wins out, no offense there Kitsune. But in all seriousness, if you don't reply to emails in a timely manner... u r the suck! Timely doesn't necessarily mean same day... but remember, email is supposed to be faster method of communication than USPS.
Old 07-16-2003 | 03:36 PM

Originally posted by lcf
You could try emailing these people and see if you even get a response. Who knows if these addresses are even real or not or even if they are/were truly customers of Kitsune.
WTF is NWNissan group? You could try finding out if Kitsune has ripped people off over there as well. At least you'd have closure.

I'm sure the whole not-knowing part is killing you.

My sympathies.

Lcf- thanks for your suggestions. I actually did email those two yesterday, but have yet to hear back from them. I'll search for this nwnissan group too. Yeah I agree with you that he should respond to emails. That's what appears to be so shady and is worrying me. If I hear back from those two references I'll let you guys know.
Old 07-16-2003 | 05:12 PM

I heard back from one of Kitsune's references, Jennifer Sotto. She said that it took her a month and a half to get her wheels as he gets them directly from Japan. That's a month and a half that I don't have as it will be fall by then and most of the track events will be done. I'm hoping that he gets in touch with me soon so I can either get my money back or at least find out when the wheels are coming esp when he said he has the 18x8.5 in stock.
Old 07-20-2003 | 03:47 PM
lcf

Originally posted by Smokin' X-press
I heard back from one of Kitsune's references, Jennifer Sotto. She said that it took her a month and a half to get her wheels as he gets them directly from Japan. That's a month and a half that I don't have as it will be fall by then and most of the track events will be done. I'm hoping that he gets in touch with me soon so I can either get my money back or at least find out when the wheels are coming esp when he said he has the 18x8.5 in stock.
Hm. Well, the thing about references is this... it is always possible that he was a great seller in the past until this point. The greatest example would be Berk Tuning. Min had been on the .org for a while and a lot of .orgers loved his intake but then he just disappeared. Quite a few people never got their stuff were never refunded.

Hopefully, you'll get your dope a$$ wheels in a month (or two?).
Old 07-22-2003 | 09:59 AM

Careful

Dont not send anyone money for any rims. I am still waiting on my wheels.
Old 10-09-2003 | 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by 97MaximaGLE
Dont not send anyone money for any rims. I am still waiting on my wheels.
How did this turn out? Sorry to bring it back from the dead, but I would still be interested.
Old 10-09-2003 | 03:40 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

if it's too good to be true, chances are that it isn't (true)

Isn't it worth spending a few more bucks dealing with shops that actually have good track record to get a peace of mind? -AnGe
Old 10-09-2003 | 08:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yes it is, and unfortunately this is part of the problem with Ebay or online stores that aren't authorized by the manufacturer to technically sell online.
Old 10-09-2003 | 08:57 PM

I don't think this deal turned out well. His last post here was more than 2 months ago.

~limsandy
Old 10-15-2003 | 10:09 AM

97maximagle, did you ever recieve them?

If I had money it would be worth the peace of mind, but on a tight budget for modding a car.

Altimax: My friend got ripped 700 bucks buying volks that he never got, so yeah it probably is best to always buy from an authorized dealer.
Old 10-15-2003 | 10:22 AM
Pizda Boy

why would you send money to someone that you don't know and don't have much info on. . .he even had a hotmail.com e-mail address. . that is the first sign of fraud. . . anyway i truly hope this turned out but i highly doubt it.
Old 10-15-2003 | 02:02 PM

Well FBI arrested the guy who ripped my friend off....so...I dunno....sometimes people are blinded by a good deal and the excitement of what htey want.
Old 10-15-2003 | 03:01 PM

That's awesome to know that the FBI are doing their job. I hope they get this guy too.
Old 10-15-2003 | 04:40 PM

What happened with it Nismo, did you pay for a set, I remember you were working on one of these Volk GD
Old 10-17-2003 | 12:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by JBL85
Well FBI arrested the guy who ripped my friend off....so...I dunno....sometimes people are blinded by a good deal and the excitement of what htey want.

The FBI has better things to do than to track down fraud.
Old 10-17-2003 | 01:08 AM

I guess not, I think he is getting 7 years in Jail

*he did more then rip my friend off, I guess he had made some money of other people in sums of 20k......oh well, hopefully my friend gets his restitution now
Old 10-17-2003 | 11:03 AM

JBL, I wasn't in the group deal, I just helped set it up. I already have a set of wheels. I just feel bad for those that got swindled out of their money. Despite good references this guy ended up being a con.

My sister a former deputy district attorney, gave me some legal advice in which I relayed to those involved. The case has been reported, and thus still pending, with the IFCC and and the NW3C which works in conjuction with state and local law enforcement agencies and the federal bureau of investigations.

Alot of times these people think that they can get away with their crimes cause the FBI has bigger fish to fry, but in fact there are many agencies that work in close conjuction with the FBI that track down these so called small time offenders. As more and more complaints are filed against this offender the case grows, and it's just a matter of time. Furthermore, since we're dealing with sums well over $500, this is a felony offense and no longer a misdomeaner. Which means if you do get caught, you should start getting used to wearing a butt plug.

I'm pretty sure that the file is getting very large and they are building a strong case against this individual. I have sent all correspondances and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

So yakuza... if you think the fbi won't catch you because you're an indvidual and thus small time, you're very naive.

Everything exhibits resprocity and you may get away with it now, but it will catch up to you and bite you in the ***.
Old 10-24-2003 | 12:27 AM

just a note.. i believe that nwnissan group spoken of is http://www.northwestnissans.com
Old 12-10-2003 | 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by SWEETSOUND2001
What is your sellers permit number?
I guessing he is not a dealer so he won't have one. He's getting them from a store and selling them in the States.