Needed an A-B car after I got rid of my 300zx, and I'm pretty loyal to Nissan, so I began looking for maximas.
Ended up with a '99 i30 with 276,xxx miles. Bought from original owner who got a new car.
Runs great, only one major dent, paint is nice and shiny with metallic flake(Pebble Beach I believe?).
Has a Service Engine Soon light on that a code reader said was EGR related, but doesn't seem to affect driving.
Only other problems:
1. Cig lighter not working=new fuse fixed that
2. Rattling sound coming from under the front end when road gets bumpy..maybe the underpanels or bushings? Not too bad, I'll get there eventually.
Since I bought it this week, I've:
1. Washed the hell out of it, looking much cleaner
2. Restored headlights and installed Sylvania silverstar halogens. Much brighter than old ones, but will eventually get some nice HIDs for the headlights and foglights once I get back from vacation.
3. A bottle of Seafoam in the brake booster cable, and a bottle of Chevron fuel system treatment right before a fillup of 93 from Chevron. Car smoked a bit with the seafoam, and now runs better and smoother.
4. Ordered LEDs to upgrade the dim-a$$ gauge cluster lights. Got the ones that will make it a cool ice blue
1. Ram intake: already ordered one from ebay, on its way.
2. Detail inside, outside and engine bay.
3. HID head and fog lights. Thinking 6000k or 8000k for headlights, and 3000k for fogs. Opinions?
4. New spark plugs, fluids, etc. when I get back from vacation
5. Cat back exhaust and maybe y-pipe down the line
6. POSSIBLY get dents fixed.
7. Maybe upgrade stereo
BEST PART????? It was 900 bucks
think I got a good deal?
Here is the CL ad, if it is still up. Will try to add pics too
PICS ARE FROM BEFORE WASH AND HEADLIGHT RESTORE