Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Has anyone heard about this bottle heater?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Has anyone heard about this bottle heater?

I currently need a bottle heater, and I'm leaning heavily towards a pressure actuated heater. I found this one on ebay (it's essentially a modified NOS heater), and the price isn't bad at all. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever known someone using it or heard any remarks.
http://dynotune.org/store/Scripts/pr...p?idproduct=17

Thanks.
-hype
Old 02-16-2003, 11:47 PM

Re: Has anyone heard about this bottle heater?

Originally posted by xHypex
I currently need a bottle heater, and I'm leaning heavily towards a pressure actuated heater. I found this one on ebay (it's essentially a modified NOS heater), and the price isn't bad at all. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever known someone using it or heard any remarks.
http://dynotune.org/store/Scripts/pr...p?idproduct=17

Thanks.
-hype
Bottle heaters that maintain a certain psi are great, but the bad thing is that you must open the bottle or remote opener for them to work. There must be nitrous in the line(s) for it to maintain proper pressure. What if you don't end up spraying? Then you'll be wasting that nitrous that's stuck in the line(s). It may not be a great amount, but that's just a lil' pet peeve of mine.

With the temperature based heaters, they'll work regardless if there is nitrous in the lines or not. Your bottle can be warmed and ready at all times (like mine ), and if you don't spray, you won't be wasting any nitrous. Just something to think about.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:22 AM

Re: Re: Has anyone heard about this bottle heater?

Originally posted by CalsonicSE

Bottle heaters that maintain a certain psi are great, but the bad thing is that you must open the bottle or remote opener for them to work. There must be nitrous in the line(s) for it to maintain proper pressure. What if you don't end up spraying? Then you'll be wasting that nitrous that's stuck in the line(s). It may not be a great amount, but that's just a lil' pet peeve of mine.

With the temperature based heaters, they'll work regardless if there is nitrous in the lines or not. Your bottle can be warmed and ready at all times (like mine ), and if you don't spray, you won't be wasting any nitrous. Just something to think about.
This is what I was telling you the other day hype. Nothing wrong with the heater itself, just the thermostat is a little diff. Calsonic makes a good point to consider.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: Has anyone heard about this bottle heater?

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

This is what I was telling you the other day hype. Nothing wrong with the heater itself, just the thermostat is a little diff. Calsonic makes a good point to consider.
Thanks for the comments. I realize neither is really "better", because they are doing different things. For me I don't really plan on running my nitrous a ton. Also since I don't have a remote bottle opener if I open my bottle/turn on my heater I'm going to use it

On a final note, do you guys purge your line after you close your bottle so the line is clear while the car isn't being used?
-hype
Old 02-17-2003, 11:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone heard about this bottle heater?

Originally posted by xHypex

For me I don't really plan on running my nitrous a ton.
That's what they all say. LOL

Anyway, you can just leave the nitrous in the line. It won't do any harm but it will eventually dissipate. I'm not running my fuel pressure saftey switch at this moment, so I just close the remote opener, and spray what's left in the line. No real harm done; car will just run rich for a lil' bit.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

neverr seen.. looks ok
Old 02-20-2003, 12:58 PM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

I was looking at dynotune products a while back. Before I decided to go to boost I was going to purchase their purge kit and electric pressure guage.

Seems like high quality stuff for a reasonable price.