Other For Sale/Wanted If you have non-Maxima related items, feel free to use this forum to post them.

Modified Arc Audio 1500dr sub amp

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:12 PM

Modified Arc Audio 1500dr sub amp

Hey everyone I hate to part with this amp but I will be unable to work until I have back surgery and need some way to pay my bills in the mean time. This amp is by far the nicest and best performing amp I've ever owned.

Here are the mods which were all performed by ARC:

-Voltage rail increased, power output is now roughly 1400rms into 2 or 4 ohms (yes same power with both loads)

-Crossovers upgraded to higher-quality sterling silver for cleaner sound

-Crossovers now can be completely bypassed if external crossover is used resulting in a much cleaner sound (most amps allow disabling of crossovers but signal still travels over original circuitry)

-Onboard tri-path processor upgraded.

-Amp is now internally bridged so it is now only a mono amp. Because of this what used to be R and L inputs have changed. The R is now in and the L is an output to go to another amp (perfect for multi-amp installs for subs)

-Internal fusing removed (now requires an external fused distro block or inline fuse.

I used this amp with 2 different systems: It is currently powering 1 12" Bob Carver signature Sunfire sub. And was also used to power 2 Image Dynamics 12" IDMaxes. Like I said before this sub is by far the nicest I've ever used and hate to part with it. This sub is extremely efficient and delivers extremely clean sound (I don't think I could get it to distort if I tried)

I'm looking for $500 shipped.
I'll have pics up tonight after I take it out of my car. If the amp doesn't sell I will keep it and find some other way to get some $ for bills.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by DMCfirestar500
Hey everyone I hate to part with this amp but I will be unable to work until I have back surgery and need some way to pay my bills in the mean time. This amp is by far the nicest and best performing amp I've ever owned.

Here are the mods which were all performed by ARC:

-Voltage rail increased, power output is now roughly 1400rms into 2 or 4 ohms (yes same power with both loads)

-Crossovers upgraded to higher-quality sterling silver for cleaner sound

-Crossovers now can be completely bypassed if external crossover is used resulting in a much cleaner sound (most amps allow disabling of crossovers but signal still travels over original circuitry)

-Onboard tri-path processor upgraded.

-Amp is now internally bridged so it is now only a mono amp. Because of this what used to be R and L inputs have changed. The R is now in and the L is an output to go to another amp (perfect for multi-amp installs for subs)

-Internal fusing removed (now requires an external fused distro block or inline fuse.

I used this amp with 2 different systems: It is currently powering 1 12" Bob Carver signature Sunfire sub. And was also used to power 2 Image Dynamics 12" IDMaxes. Like I said before this sub is by far the nicest I've ever used and hate to part with it. This sub is extremely efficient and delivers extremely clean sound (I don't think I could get it to distort if I tried)

I'm looking for $500 shipped.
I'll have pics up tonight after I take it out of my car. If the amp doesn't sell I will keep it and find some other way to get some $ for bills.

I'm interested to see how this looks, I'm a big fan of Arc amps thanks to Don . 4150XXK I think is the model I had, best amp I ever put in my car. But I think you made a mistake...u meant to say amp versus sub?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:59 AM

I said "sub amp" meaning it is now a permanent mono amp and no longer stereo so it should now only be used for subs unless you plan on pushing 1400wrms to your speakers. I didn't get a chance to get it out yet, but its the dark blue amp with clear plexi bottom. I'll get it out sometime today or tonight, probably tonight since its almost 95 degrees out right now.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:01 PM

Here are some pics of this awesome amp that I hate to part with:

Like I said if no one is interested in this amp I will keep it, and I'm not flexible on price considering I paid about double what I'm asking.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by DMCfirestar500
I said "sub amp" meaning it is now a permanent mono amp and no longer stereo so it should now only be used for subs unless you plan on pushing 1400wrms to your speakers. I didn't get a chance to get it out yet, but its the dark blue amp with clear plexi bottom. I'll get it out sometime today or tonight, probably tonight since its almost 95 degrees out right now.
the area which i highlighed red you only said 'sub', not 'sub amp', I apologize for even correcting u on some small stuff like that, I know what u meant. That amp looks good man, good luck with the sale.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:29 PM

Oh lol my bad, guess I need to proofread my posts from now on.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:01 PM

Its on ebay now, heres the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=002