Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

ok car is broken...LONG but need HELP !?!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 12:54 AM

ok car is broken...LONG but need HELP !?!?!?!?!?

ey ya after what 3days of boost my car broke. ey ya?!??!?!?!?!?!

these are the events as best i can remember
ok so today sunday i decided lets relocate my FMU cause it was left dangling and change my starter. got through all that and start my car and for the rest of the day in 3rd gear at about 2800rpm my car would just kind of bog. if i gave it more gas it would go into moost everything is fine but this problem was really getting to me. another thing is right after a turn or going up a hill i go to gas it and car would bog down and i would hear what appears to me back fireing. huh?????
i go home and pull the sc piping off and check my plugs all good no signs of detonation. so now im like WTF!!!! whats going on. so i throw everything back toghther and start my car except i forget to plug un the MAF sensor ops!!!!!! turn of the car and i go plug in my MAF and start the car again. started up just fine. so i pull out go down the street and just as im about to make a right my idle drops bellow 500rpm car stalls and my dash lights up like a christmas tree.
oh no!??!?!!??! so i start my car up and know i have a check engine light and my idle is just jumping up and down between 1000rpm and 500rpm updownupdown liek a seesaw. so i limp home eveythime i stoped i had to keep the gas down so i didn't stall. get home pull these codes

0803-absolute pressure sensor or curcuit fault
0901-frontright HTD 02sensor heater
1001-frontleft HTD 02 sensor heater
0102 mass airflow sensor

i clear the codes start the car and my idle is still going up and down
between 1000-500 rpm
could this be from a bad air flow meter???? would that cause all the problems ive been haveing ever since i noticed the car just not driving right??? and a malfunctioning air flow meter can that be the problem im having with my idle???? im stuck now i do not know if i sould try to drive my car like this to work. i work at a nissan dealer. or if its the air flow meter to just but one and try it out see if it fixes the problem.

HELP ME PLEASE!?!?!?!?!?!? im a sad man right now 3 days into boost and im having problems already WTF !?!?!??!?!
Old 01-20-2003, 01:48 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

Clear the ECM and MIL...

Do yourself a favor and tie up loose ends in the engine compartment (if you have any others)... You don't want things to come loose... If the wrong line falls off (vacuum to FMU, power to aux FP) -- kiss your motor goodbye...

You may have to turn up the setting on your idle speed. Most of us had to do it. That should take care of the idle fluctuation.

Also, hook up the aux FP so it runs full time (it will be noisy) but it will get rid of that annoying surge/flat spot when it kicks it. If occasionally cause me to get a lean front bank MIL before.
Old 01-20-2003, 09:34 AM

uhhhhh so i looked at the car again this moring and stupid me forgot to tighten one of the silicon hoses for the
SC pipe.

stupid stupid stupid.

ok now at i was driving to work everything idles fine but i get a really bad hesitation. almost like when the airflow meter is not connected and you try to drive the car. do i still have a bad airflow meter. cause after i rest the codes it hasn't thrown another code im stressin here cause i don' tknow whats wrong. the mechanincs are looking at my car later on today.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

let the mechanics work out the details...every one I read about requires some after install attention and tweeking...crossing my fingers.

good luck Bro
Old 01-20-2003, 07:38 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Originally posted by jdmmax
... but i get a really bad hesitation. almost like when the airflow meter is not connected and you try to drive the car....
with a heavy foot (boost or near boost)? Aux FP switching on and off causes this....
Old 01-20-2003, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by Chunger

with a heavy foot (boost or near boost)? Aux FP switching on and off causes this....

i don't have a aux fuel pump. i have a walbaro high flow fuel pump in tank. i was told it would be enough. it was left over from my nitrous kit.
anyways service was swamped today. but the mechanic that did look at it said its either the MAF or the CAT converter we will see.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:27 PM

uhmmm yeah so they swaped out a airflow meter today. to test still the same thing.

one question if the throttle body gasket is messed up will that cause my problems ????
Old 01-21-2003, 03:16 PM

ARRRRRRRRGGRGRGRGGGGRGRGRGRGRGRRGR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

there not even working on my car. there just sortof tinkering with it. ***** man im sooooooooo upset right now customers first then me. hell i was the one that swapped out the MAF to see if that was the problem. stupid freakin arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggg!?!??!?!?!?! i can't be without a car. this is sooooooooooooo gay. im freaken ****ed im takeing my car home today to do retrace all my steps resting the error codes and see if my car will trip anymore codes.

im done with service here. im not a cutomer so my car is just sitting at the end of the service drive. freak this man. i have to throw my fpr back in and change the throttle body gasket.
Old 01-21-2003, 03:50 PM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

so yeah, after talking with jdmmax, he has not fpr at all, not even oem... the booger who installed his sc tells him that the fmu controls all fuel, even when off boost.. so that's why he has a fp of 20 psi ...

Another fine example of why to DIY!!!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 04:35 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

If you want it done right.... <you know>
Old 01-21-2003, 07:55 PM

yaaaaaayyyy

heheheh i fixed it everything is running like a champ..

thanks to everyone. and SEximagtr for listening to me ramble on and on about my car on AIM.

the shop that did my install told me that the FMU takes care of the fuel pressure which sounded kind of wierd but yeah.

my lesson learned if it is suppose to be there or if something does not seem right check with people on the ORG.

heheheh but yeah one happy camper here.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So what changes did you make exactly to get it running right...?

also are you still using the Walbro only or now using the aux fuel pump as well...?
Old 01-21-2003, 10:02 PM

Originally posted by WizzaMax
So what changes did you make exactly to get it running right...?

also are you still using the Walbro only or now using the aux fuel pump as well...?
i reinstalled the FPR

and im still running the walbaro