Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

My Roots dream is becoming a reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003 | 12:23 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

I'll verify that in a minute.

Being right? About what, showing Craig favoritism?

Funny thing is...HE CONTRIBUTES....where's your "Donating Member" tag?

I just see a few people who look to be his buddies and dont/or wont face up to the fact that that was just wrong.
Doesn't make sense to me IF you're referring to this thread. I say good job or props to ANYONE, no matter what "history" we have.

Ask bigsaddler.

Originally Posted by 96shogunmax
I did use the "Report Post to Moderator" button a few days ago, and if you want to ban me for being right , because you are high and mighty you think, then go for it. I did nothing wrong. I just see a few people who look to be his buddies and dont/or wont face up to the fact that that was just wrong.
Old 10-22-2003 | 12:34 PM

It's sad because really there is a lot of good information in here, but....

This thread is exactly why the org has a bad rep.....it's sad.

It's hard to defend the org when people can easily see that sometimes instead of trying to help each other we take things as a personal attack. If it is a personal attack, where it begins....it's wrong, period.

Some of you guys know this first hand, so bear with me thru this. On other forums, members accomplish so much more by helping each other and feeding off each others knowledge rather than trying to out do each other. It is a much better atmosphere to exchange ideas. It is even CIVIL to disagree. There is a big difference between having differences in opinion and all out ****ing contests. It's all about respect. It seems there is a lot of mutual disrespect all over the org. Member to member and YES even moderator to member.

I'm not directly pointing fingers at anyone, because I'm nobody to do that. I just hate the fact that a board I've been around for so long is quickly going to "hell in a handbasket" because of lack of respect. This is generally a good place to find information about our cars and our enthusiam towards it. It should not be a place where people come to try and make themselves feel like they are omnipotent.

I'll get off my soapbox now and let you guys think about this long sermon for a minute....
Old 10-22-2003 | 01:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by JAIMECBR900

It's hard to defend the org when people can easily see that sometimes instead of trying to help each other we take things as a personal attack. If it is a personal attack, where it begins....it's wrong, period.

Some of you guys know this first hand, so bear with me thru this. On other forums, members accomplish so much more by helping each other and feeding off each others knowledge rather than trying to out do each other. It is a much better atmosphere to exchange ideas. It is even CIVIL to disagree. There is a big difference between having differences in opinion and all out ****ing contests. It's all about respect. It seems there is a lot of mutual disrespect all over the org. Member to member and YES even moderator to member.

I'm not directly pointing fingers at anyone, because I'm nobody to do that. I just hate the fact that a board I've been around for so long is quickly going to "hell in a handbasket" because of lack of respect. This is generally a good place to find information about our cars and our enthusiam towards it. It should not be a place where people come to try and make themselves feel like they are omnipotent.

I'll get off my soapbox now and let you guys think about this long sermon for a minute....

Im done with it. Continue with the roots thread.
Old 10-22-2003 | 01:21 PM

However, IMO the .org isn't THAT bad, but I don't visit too many others.

I think the .org is a GREAT place to learn and lots of helping occurs in the forums I visit INCLUDING this one normally. That is why I was pretty shocked to see all the bashing, but it became quite clear it was MOSTLY Craig bashing and NOT roots blower on a VQ bashing.

Internet grudges are and carrying them into other threads is just stupid.

From now on, I'll just ban everyone in the thread and call it day.

Old 10-22-2003 | 01:36 PM

good luck with the project
Old 10-22-2003 | 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by IceY2K1

However, IMO the .org isn't THAT bad, but I don't visit too many others.

I think the .org is a GREAT place to learn and lots of helping occurs in the forums I visit INCLUDING this one normally.

From now on, I'll just ban everyone in the thread and call it day.

Trust me, the org could be a lot better. In this case, the grass IS greener on the other side.

I agree, the org is very informative. As long as people respect each other.

I know you're kidding about banning everyone, right?????
Old 10-22-2003 | 01:58 PM

What Maxima.org forums are you basing that on though?

I know my 5th gen. forum *snob*snoot*snob* is pretty awesome. Almost everyone gets along great, but every now and then we have our fights and trouble causers. Usually newbies, which go byebye... The SC/TC forum has been pretty good IMO.

As for the banning, .

Trust me, the org could be a lot better. In this case, the grass IS greener on the other side.

I agree, the org is very informative. As long as people respect each other.

I know you're kidding about banning everyone, right?????
Old 10-22-2003 | 02:20 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Thanks to everyone who wishes me well....the vortech kit is off and the process has begun. I am using the 3.6" vortech pulley, instead of the GM 3.8" pulley for boost. The battery is out. That's about it soo far....I will gather yalls names who want to be updated or that I know want to be updated and PM you all and/or just post in offtopic.....
Old 10-22-2003 | 02:46 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Posts pics when you can!
Old 10-22-2003 | 03:29 PM

i gotta see this if it actually works
Old 10-22-2003 | 06:25 PM

Just out of curiosity....what exactly is it that you don't like about your V1?

I mean, I know about the sound....but other than that. Just think if the boost comes in really good down low, you'll have traction issues. If you peter out before the VQ really gets cooking, you'll waste boost.

Again, I'm playing devil's advocate here.
Old 10-22-2003 | 06:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

if those things give good low end power i wouldn't mind go with one myself. i like having a lot of power down low. if i had traction issues i'd just get some wider rims with wider and stickier tires.
Old 10-22-2003 | 10:47 PM
Handsome

Originally Posted by Craig Mack
Thanks to everyone who wishes me well....the vortech kit is off and the process has begun. I am using the 3.6" vortech pulley, instead of the GM 3.8" pulley for boost. The battery is out. That's about it soo far....I will gather yalls names who want to be updated or that I know want to be updated and PM you all and/or just post in offtopic.....
Are you going to sell the V1? Are you keeping all fuel managment and gauges, I wouldn't guess these would change?

Keep me posted on your progress. That power under the curve should help get those heavy eighteens rolling
Old 10-23-2003 | 12:13 AM

Craig, good luck with this, and like I said a few pages back.......PICS and FULL WRITE UP!!! LOL
Old 10-23-2003 | 05:55 AM

This is definitely on topic, Craig, and this is the appropriate forum for any updates. Just ignore the hatuhs.
Old 10-23-2003 | 11:45 AM
I love lamp.

I'd be interested to see how this goes. Lucky me since I have an old school 2nd gen, they already have a VG that comes stock with a eaton roots blower (VG33E-R from the frontier/xterra) which is almost plug and play for my car....though fitment would most likely be an issue. The thing is....I probably won't ever do that for an old car....be unique though.

The only thing I see as a problem is what JAIMECBR900 pointed out....be nice to see what you do to work out those issues. Either way I give you props for trying out something unique on your car, whether it works or not.

S
Old 10-23-2003 | 01:32 PM

Just out of curiosity....what exactly is it that you don't like about your V1?

I mean, I know about the sound....but other than that. Just think if the boost comes in really good down low, you'll have traction issues. If you peter out before the VQ really gets cooking, you'll waste boost.

Again, I'm playing devil's advocate here.

The V1 doesn't even kick in until 3000rpm. At that point, I see ~2psi. The car is slow cruising on the highway. I'm sick of having to downshift for power. I'm sick of coming around a turn in second gear around town and not being able to thrust forward becuase my car is in "n/a" mode and isn't fast enough. I'm sick of the RPM dependent PSI. In second gear at 40-50mph was the only place IMO that the car was fast. Even 3rd gear on the highway was boring.

I want to be able to come around a turn in second, around 2000-2500rpm and floor it, and be thrusted forward. The top end of the V1 was nice, but isn't a very practicle kind of power, at least for me. I would gladly give up my "high end" for a much faster "low end". I also like the idea of having 7-8psi @3000rpm on the highway of torquey boost vs. 2psi of lagcharger boost. I hope to find that it makes my car significantly faster in gear.

First gear is useless anyway. I can start off at 2000rpm, but as soon as I reach 3000 I start slipping traction. The Eaton may even help traction at the track. With the Eaton, I won't have to revv nearly as high as I would know, which would cause traction loss. By the same token, if I revved too low on a launch now, I would bog. Hopefully the Eaton will provide me with enough low end so that I can low at a low rpm without bogging and get a better '60.

Stephen, your right, i'll just keep everyone updated in this thread. Not gonna spend time looking for all the peoples names who care when theres a few jealous haters.

We are using mandrel bent SS piping. My Vortech 3.6" pulley is currently getting machined to fit the shaft we are using to connect to the blower.

Street: Ya, i'm keeping my FPR, my S-AFC, and actually my BOV too. Why run a bypass valve when I have a ready BOV? And yes, like I said above, hopefully this will get my wide 18's spinning faster.
Old 10-23-2003 | 01:41 PM

Street: Ya, i'm keeping my FPR, my S-AFC, and actually my BOV too. Why run a bypass valve when I have a ready BOV?
Most Eaton applications use a bypass valve with recirculation because the blower is after the maf. Any air released to atmosphere will cause the engine to momentarily run rich since it has been metered by the maf. This can cause stumbling and engine dying after a high rev or hard gear change. You don't have to put the blower after the maf (I think), just keep this in mind if you do, though.
Old 10-23-2003 | 01:52 PM

Craig, just have someone clean up this thread of all the bull. I want to see how this turns out.
Old 10-23-2003 | 02:39 PM
Handsome

Street: Ya, i'm keeping my FPR, my S-AFC, and actually my BOV too. Why run a bypass valve when I have a ready BOV? And yes, like I said above, hopefully this will get my wide 18's spinning faster.
you get to keep the BOV, that adds back in the only negative that I saw from this set up. Best of luck to you and Tom on getting this done. Shoot me a message and let me know how things are going periodically.
Old 10-23-2003 | 02:51 PM

Well, on Craig's setup isn't he mounting the blower near the front of his engine and then piping it to the TB? I thought that's what he said in a previous post. If that's the case, then the MAF will be on the charged side, and the BOV can be placed between the MAF and blower.

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
Most Eaton applications use a bypass valve with recirculation because the blower is after the maf. Any air released to atmosphere will cause the engine to momentarily run rich since it has been metered by the maf. This can cause stumbling and engine dying after a high rev or hard gear change. You don't have to put the blower after the maf (I think), just keep this in mind if you do, though.
Old 10-23-2003 | 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
He has an Apex'i S-AFC. Those will make up for the lost air.
Old 10-23-2003 | 04:23 PM

Your both right.
Old 10-23-2003 | 04:28 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

so how long is this gonna take again?? all this work will be done in house by this guy?? pretty good if it doesn't run over $2500-3000 like you said.
Old 10-23-2003 | 04:43 PM

I don't think I want my car back anymore. My dad's letting me borrow his 4runner while my cars in the shop. He's using the company suburban. The 4runner is an SR5 AWD with the....4.7L V8 It's as quiet and smooth as the VQ, except of course its an 8, and being that i'm obsessed with them, I love it. Such a pimp car....already 2 girls have complimented me, and thought it was my new car. This thing on 22's would be a chick magnet.

The only difference is my dads has Enkei 18's and is black. It's startin' to grow on me..
Old 10-23-2003 | 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
so how long is this gonna take again?? all this work will be done in house by this guy?? pretty good if it doesn't run over $2500-3000 like you said.
He thinks it'll take a little longer, probubly till monday or tuesday. The plan is for under $2500, and so far so good.
Old 10-23-2003 | 04:52 PM
Handsome

This thing on 22's would be a chick magnet.
forgoing a boosted maxima for a big heavy SUV in which to put ghetto rims on?
Old 10-23-2003 | 05:35 PM
I love lamp.

maybe you should get a 4 runner to haul your maxima around when you don't drive it!

nah....the day I get a suv over a maxima will be the day hell freezes over.

S
Old 10-23-2003 | 05:38 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

I don't think I want my car back anymore. My dad's letting me borrow his 4runner while my cars in the shop. He's using the company suburban. The 4runner is an SR5 AWD with the....4.7L V8 It's as quiet and smooth as the VQ, except of course its an 8, and being that i'm obsessed with them, I love it. Such a pimp car....already 2 girls have complimented me, and thought it was my new car. This thing on 22's would be a chick magnet.

The only difference is my dads has Enkei 18's and is black. It's startin' to grow on me..
What the F*** does this have to do with your SC project?????????

This has turned into Craig's BS about whatever thread.

Mods please lock or delete.

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2003 | 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by mzmtg

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2003 | 06:05 PM

Thanks.

WOW! Take that tampon out dude, sheesh! If you don't like, don't click!
Old 10-23-2003 | 06:31 PM

get a real V8. get a Mopar.

Old 10-23-2003 | 06:31 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

WOW! Take that tampon out dude, sheesh! If you don't like, don't click!

See, he's back to the childish remarks...

Old 10-23-2003 | 06:59 PM

See, he's back to the childish remarks...

Quiet Benny!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2003 | 10:36 PM

Was anything wrong with your S/C at all? I always heard they are HELLA loud, but I heard a V1 on a mustang tonight at the track and it was loud , but not as loud as I thought it would be compared to Ian and your posts about them.
Old 10-24-2003 | 12:22 AM
Jer

Craig .. a suggestion for the pulley. Don't screw with the Vortech 3.6".. ASP, pulleyboys, and even SLP can provide you with a perfect fit pulley for like $50...

...or get a keyed magnuson snout and you can swap pulleys at any time.. no pains with press-on pulleys..
Old 10-24-2003 | 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jer
Craig .. a suggestion for the pulley. Don't screw with the Vortech 3.6".. ASP, pulleyboys, and even SLP can provide you with a perfect fit pulley for like $50...

...or get a keyed magnuson snout and you can swap pulleys at any time.. no pains with press-on pulleys..
Why, when I have a free pulley sitting in my room? It's already been machine fitted anyways.

Slammed: I wish my mommy would buy me boost too! That would mean I wouldn't have to waste my own money.

Shogun: The V1 is very loud at idle, you can't miss it. It's invasively loud. But as you revv it quiets into a jet like whine. I've heard one on a mustang and it was much quieter then mine.
Old 10-24-2003 | 07:41 AM
Handsome

Shogun: The V1 is very loud at idle, you can't miss it. It's invasively loud. But as you revv it quiets into a jet like whine. I've heard one on a mustang and it was much quieter then mine.
I believe the blue max in the fast and the fuel efficient was equiped with a V1? It had a nice whine from what I remember, is that about what it sounds like?

putting on flame suit for mentioning The Fast and The Furious
Old 10-24-2003 | 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Street Reeper
I believe the blue max in the fast and the fuel efficient was equiped with a V1? It had a nice whine from what I remember, is that about what it sounds like?

putting on flame suit for mentioning The Fast and The Furious

Nope - he had a V2 - the V1 is MUCH louder.

I said in another post the other day - we measured how far away you could hear mine - 1/8th of a mile.

My friend's neighbor called the cops because I was sitting in front of his house at 11pm waiting for him in my car.

Like Craig said: "It's invasively loud."

I've heard one on a Mustang also. I don't know if it's that they have better sound deadening or whatever under their hoods, but it was maybe 1/2 as loud as mine. The guy even commented on it. "damn man! I thought MINE was loud!"
Old 10-24-2003 | 10:25 AM
Handsome

Originally Posted by iansw
Nope - he had a V2 - the V1 is MUCH louder.

I said in another post the other day - we measured how far away you could hear mine - 1/8th of a mile.

My friend's neighbor called the cops because I was sitting in front of his house at 11pm waiting for him in my car.

Like Craig said: "It's invasively loud."

I've heard one on a Mustang also. I don't know if it's that they have better sound deadening or whatever under their hoods, but it was maybe 1/2 as loud as mine. The guy even commented on it. "damn man! I thought MINE was loud!"
Sounds crazy loud, how much was the turn around for your V2 upgrade? Would I have to get metal pullies if I was switching out my V1 for a V2? My V1 is in perfect condition.

Quick Reply: My Roots dream is becoming a reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!