Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Air to Air-We'll see Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 06:39 AM

It's done

The pics of the finsihed product are on my site, without the lights installed, the true finsihed one will be up soon.

Alright, as for boost loss, YOU WERE Right!!! However it is only 2-3 lbs loss. the intercooler is working great, no lag like I thought, and I would say it has more power and it definitely runs better, the intake pipe after the cooler is ice cold as before it was hot as hell!!! I'm really happy with my decsion to do this and would reccommend it to others!! I don't have any dyno runs done yet but I should in the near, I plan on a doing a before and after by hooking up the old style pipe and then using the intercooler.

Thank you for all your advice/chriticism!! It was all appreciated.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by crewchief264
The pics of the finsihed product are on my site, without the lights installed, the true finsihed one will be up soon.

Alright, as for boost loss, YOU WERE Right!!! However it is only 2-3 lbs loss. the intercooler is working great, no lag like I thought, and I would say it has more power and it definitely runs better, the intake pipe after the cooler is ice cold as before it was hot as hell!!! I'm really happy with my decsion to do this and would reccommend it to others!! I don't have any dyno runs done yet but I should in the near, I plan on a doing a before and after by hooking up the old style pipe and then using the intercooler.

Awesome!!

I am curious to see who will pull more between your ICed 3.33 pulley against my non-IC 3.33 pulley.

HMMMM I will also have a MEVI and a JWT ecu, maybe it will not be fair since you do not have those?
Old 04-16-2004, 06:51 AM

Crewchief... Go drop down another pulley size... Because you sure should be able to now... The hotter the IAT is, the better your IC will work.. congrats
Old 04-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Drop down a pulley, two, or three and you're good to go.

I'd really be interested in that dyno, however even a fan on the IC won't give you as much benefit as airflow on the road. Make sure you take a water spray bottle and have someone keep spraying the IC on the post IC runs.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Prodeje79
Awesome!!

I am curious to see who will pull more between your ICed 3.33 pulley against my non-IC 3.33 pulley.

HMMMM I will also have a MEVI and a JWT ecu, maybe it will not be fair since you do not have those?

You ll kill him even if he drops to a 2.87 pulley. Dont believe me, put your SCer in your car and ensure you get a camera man so we can see the exact footage. Id like to see this setup vs non intercooled.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by crewchief264

I'm glad your happy with it.