Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

JWT ECU, Z32 MAF, and 550's are in....

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 03:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
I have all the consult info printed out.

I can't see how they are going to try and blame my car. As far as the Z32 MAF being on the charged side, car idles perfectly with it on the charges side with the stock ECU. Under boost it is fine with both the stock ECU and JWT ECU. So there is really no way they can pull that stuff with me.

Mike,

Im not too familiar with a "turbo" setup but at idle do you have charged air blowing at the maf when its on the charged side ??

Isnt it fairly easy to switch the MAF over to the non-charged side on a turbo application ?? you may want to try that, so you have some more fuel for the fire when you call up JWT..

Remember, according to them, you cant run the Z32 MAF on the charged side. but also remember they dont you running the A32 MAF on the charged side either Thousounds of guys disproved that though..

"No factory boosted car from nissan had there air fuel meter on the charged side of the intake system" Jim at JWT
Old 08-08-2005, 05:49 AM

I also tested with the stock ECU and E-Mailed them the NProbe data.

They just said "That's impossible" when I told them it idles OK on the stock ECU and demanded that I show them pics of the MAF on the non-charged side before they'd go any further. They refused to even look closely at the data.

Let me know however if you do get somewhere with them. I'll be calling them directly to re-present the issue as soon as they acknowledge yours.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:45 PM
SLOW

Originally Posted by matty
Mike,

Im not too familiar with a "turbo" setup but at idle do you have charged air blowing at the maf when its on the charged side ??

Isnt it fairly easy to switch the MAF over to the non-charged side on a turbo application ?? you may want to try that, so you have some more fuel for the fire when you call up JWT..

Remember, according to them, you cant run the Z32 MAF on the charged side. but also remember they dont you running the A32 MAF on the charged side either Thousounds of guys disproved that though..

"No factory boosted car from nissan had there air fuel meter on the charged side of the intake system" Jim at JWT

He opened the maf to atmosphere (to simulate having the maf on the non charged side) and it made no discernable difference.

If you are asking if turbos actually pressurize the air at all at idle the answer is no, at least not enough to measure on my digital boost gauge which reads into the hundredths of a bar.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:04 PM

Are you reading off the manifold, which has a butterfly valve in the way at the throttle body....or in the intake piping before the throttle body?
Old 08-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by iansw
Are you reading off the manifold, which has a butterfly valve in the way at the throttle body....or in the intake piping before the throttle body?
Off the manifold
Old 08-09-2005, 05:43 AM

Well that explains why you see no boost on your gauge on a S/C.
Big metal plate in the way.

I would think even at idle the turbo is spinning enough to cause a little loss in vacuum in the charge piping. Either eay that is neither here nor there - since it didn't affect you anyway when you removed the piping.

WIth the piping removed on my setup with the JWT ECU and Z32 MAF - car idled perfectly.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by iansw
Well that explains why you see no boost on your gauge on a S/C.
Big metal plate in the way.

I would think even at idle the turbo is spinning enough to cause a little loss in vacuum in the charge piping. Either eay that is neither here nor there - since it didn't affect you anyway when you removed the piping.

WIth the piping removed on my setup with the JWT ECU and Z32 MAF - car idled perfectly.

If the Z32 MAF was effected by being on the charged side then whether or not I was using the JWT ECU or the stock ECU shouldn't make a difference, and the car idles better than has since the car was stock with the stock ECU.

Also, all the MAF does is use a voltage and a temp reading correct? So if there was an issue with the Z32 MAF on the charged side then the voltage read out would act kinda screwy right? When you have the all your piping in place with the JWT ECU how does the voltage reading from the MAf look?
Old 08-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Blu
the tits

Mike, have you got in touch with JWT with all your consult data?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
Mike, have you got in touch with JWT with all your consult data?

I faxed it to them monday 8am their time, have not heard anything. Will call them in a little bit.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:00 AM
Turbo is too much fun!

any updates?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by jcy98maxse
any updates?

Trying to work things out, it will be good for us if we do.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:41 PM

WHat I don't understand is with all these problems why do you guys keep buying products from JWT??? I've read some many threads that their ecu a/f ratio is all over the place and I read horrible horrible stories about them. This is like the uncle that raped you but you keep coming back to him.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:44 AM
Proud of his GroceryGetter!!!!

uncleraping isnt fun
Old 08-24-2005, 04:48 AM
superdave2

Mike is doing this for the sake of DeatschWerks more than anything. Jim himself said he would work with us and develop a tune for DeatschWerks injectors if they are found to be the difference. It may be something as simple as Lag time correction.

Jim Wolfe is a BIG player, like it or not. I know many on here haven't had the best of luck with his FI ECU programs. But many of his products are quality. Trust me, nobody else is going to be developing a ROM tune for the maxima, so why not work with them if they are willing to work with us.

I am going to be contacting them so that we can get some injector lag and flow comparisons between my injectors and Nismo 555. This could end up being a good thing for DeatschWerks, JWT, and the Maxima community. I think Jim Wolfe is begining to see that we are not just another VENOM (yuck).

Old 08-24-2005, 05:20 AM
Blu
the tits

Dave please tell them to hold onto my ECU also until more info is developed on this especially since Im also running your injectors. PM me if you need my info, JWT has my ECU as we speak.