Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

FS: *NEW* V1 S/C Plate Kits...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 05:07 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

I had some more time to upload pics.

Here's the plate pics.

Old 12-23-2005, 05:08 PM

more

Old 12-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Kevlo for President

Damn, that plate looks awesome.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:50 AM
mjk
Head shot!!!

now someone should post links to where all the parts can be purchased cheaply
Old 12-24-2005, 06:15 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

Originally Posted by mjk
now someone should post links to where all the parts can be purchased cheaply
It pays to READ
www.ebay.com
There you can find the Blower, FMU of you choice, BOV of your choice, and the walbro in tank pump. SS Lines I would buy new. Piping you put together yourself. The piping info is in the other thread.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:55 PM
mjk
Head shot!!!

nice thanks, looking good
Old 12-25-2005, 12:40 AM

try and decipher Stillen's part numbers.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:25 AM

good job man, that stuff looks real great..
Old 12-28-2005, 07:55 AM

What would be the best Vortech S/C to use with this plate ?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

1) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vorte...24174526QQrdZ1 6 hours left
2) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vorte...25131144QQrdZ1 2 days and 12 hours

The absolute best Head Unit you can use is the Vortech T-Trim, Counterclockwise rotation, Straight discharge. If you want my opinion, I would stay with the S-Trim blower. The T-trim builds boost faster, and you'll need to put more worry into tuning a bit more. The S-Trim is what Stillen put in the kit, and what pretty much everyone on this board is running and I'm happy with the S-trim blower. The V1 version of the blower will be louder than any V2 version, EITHER ONE will fit into the plate.

Pic of the Nickle Coating:

A few more days and the starter kits will be available, including the drain back plate, and bolts. Had a little problem with the holiday, but hes workin on them now. Shouldnt be much longer

-matt
Old 12-30-2005, 02:47 PM

mine is installed - once i get back into town on monday ill post pictures. it fit perfectly.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:06 PM
Maxima Owner

consider tax refund spent
Old 01-01-2006, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by stephenlc
Yeah I think so except you will need a blow off valve that resircolates back into the piping instead of releasing into the air.

But if you want headers which will really open this up, you won't be CARB legal.
im not sure if i understand the complete meaning of this...but...do you mean with this setup i'd have to stick with stock headers in order to be carb legal?..
Old 01-01-2006, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scooobay
im not sure if i understand the complete meaning of this...but...do you mean with this setup i'd have to stick with stock headers in order to be carb legal?..
Yeah in california I don't think you can get rid of any pre-cats or cats in the exhuast.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Scooobay
To stay carb legal with a Supercharger setup you will need to recirculate the blown off air that comes out of the BOV back into the intake stream before the blower unit...usually you see this on the inlet side simply with hose ducting back into the intake.

Changing your headers out, and keeping your stock cat, I beleive you'll still be carb legal. Really not a big deal though unless you work for the DMV or something...Your in NJ so I would be careful...if you do decide to get Headers, just get inspected illegally..

-matt
Old 01-01-2006, 11:16 PM

3 Things..

1. Replacing the stock headers and catback i wont be carb legal, meaning i'd have to have to get my car inspected " illegally ". I mean i really dont liek the ide aof doing this but when i look at hte big picture of what i wanna do to my car i guess this wil lbe the route for almost anyone wanting to Sc or T their car im guessing.

2. So including your kit, and whatnot, and lets say im not messin around with doing it myself, how much could i expect to get it done at a actual custom shop ( we have one in jerzey, Xtreme Customz, Hillsborough ), What would end up being my " end price " of getting my car Sc'ed with this setup. An estimate would be nice.

3. Anyone who has done this, any problems?
Old 01-02-2006, 06:31 AM

i have headers with the supercharger and im carb legal!

here are a few pics of matts kit on my car. i painted mine black.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2147355

ill post a write up in a few weeks but for now everything is running perfect.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:48 AM

Looks like Wade used 5th Gen piping on his car...very nice work

Like i said before, if you get all the parts yourself, with the blower and have somone install is for you, depending on the install price ($400-$500), your probably looking at around $2900 installed about, give or take. Remember thats intstalled price, and still $600 or so less than Stillen charged just for the kit itself. And youll have a kit that you made to your liking too
Old 01-02-2006, 03:20 PM

with the 5th gen charge pipes and the v2 - it makes it a true sleeper. after the engine gets warm you cant even hear the whine. i did have to make a few cuts on the pipes though. like matty said you can get this installed for around 500$ if you have the complete set of parts. it will cost more if you are missing the correct parts.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:48 PM

Something occurred to me...

There are no stand-off bolts for the v1.

The main thing that I will have to take care of is restoring the car to close to stock to install the V1.

Stephen Max, since you have installed both, what are the main differences?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Licensed to Spell

I forget if I asked this already, sorry. But if the only benefit of a V1 plate over a V2 plate is the metal/material used, Matty why didn't you have a V2 plate made with the better V1 metal?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by ptatohed
I forget if I asked this already, sorry. But if the only benefit of a V1 plate over a V2 plate is the metal/material used, Matty why didn't you have a V2 plate made with the better V1 metal?
I Like the V1 Design because it cuts down on the amount of pullies needed. The V2 design requires two aftermarket pullies, stand off bolts, that extra plate needed to hold the pullies. The V1 is the closest to stock design being able to still use the stock Nissan tensioner.

The V1 Design has better Belt to Pulley contact, resulting in better boost buildup because there is much less friction between pully and belt.

-matt
Old 01-04-2006, 09:57 AM

Josh, the alternator is left in the stock position too. If you remeber on the install how much of a PITA it was to try and get that alternator clocked just right.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:28 PM

Is the starter kit ready for sale yet?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:46 PM

I went down to see him today and he has all of the drain backs made, they just need a weld. Most likely Friday of this week or Monday of next. When I recieve them Ill take all new pics, and update the pricing.

I will have 7 Full Starter Kits ready right away. Depending on how they sell, will determin if another run will be made.

As far as guestimating how fast these 7 will sell out, I cant predict but the amount of interest is very high on these so if you iffy on buying one or not, I would say that these kits will sell out in a week.

-matt
Old 01-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

Originally Posted by matty
I went down to see him today and he has all of the drain backs made, they just need a weld. Most likely Friday of this week or Monday of next. When I recieve them Ill take all new pics, and update the pricing.

I will have 7 Full Starter Kits ready right away. Depending on how they sell, will determin if another run will be made.

As far as guestimating how fast these 7 will sell out, I cant predict but the amount of interest is very high on these so if you iffy on buying one or not, I would say that these kits will sell out in a week.

-matt

Got a final price on the starter kit yet.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:46 PM

how much would it be for everything in the kit minus the V1 plate since I already have one?

and do I have to get the stand-off bolts from Stillen or did you manage to source/make those too?

and lastly, are you ever going to consider selling a full starter kit...such as that with all the things you listed that we would have to get on our own? ie. hoses and couplings, bolts, etc....minus the charge piping...and also a kit with charge piping...so that all we would have to get on our own is the pulley...pulley belt, and S/C itself...
Old 01-05-2006, 06:27 PM

There are no stand off bolts in the v1 kit. Matty is including all the hardware to mount the blower to the plate and the plate to the motor.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by MyownNismo
Got a final price on the starter kit yet.
No final price yet...give me a few days

-matt

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
how much would it be for everything in the kit minus the V1 plate since I already have one?

and do I have to get the stand-off bolts from Stillen or did you manage to source/make those too?

and lastly, are you ever going to consider selling a full starter kit...such as that with all the things you listed that we would have to get on our own? ie. hoses and couplings, bolts, etc....minus the charge piping...and also a kit with charge piping...so that all we would have to get on our own is the pulley...pulley belt, and S/C itself...
No stand off bolts for this kit. Just the crank case bolts and the large bolts for the blower to plate which are included in the Starter Kit.

If you just need parts of the kit, I listed the price break down in the first post of this thread. If you really only need the thermo housing, and the drain back, I can work you out a price.

And on that third question, I haven't really thought about it.

-matt
Old 01-05-2006, 07:03 PM

Another Blower Unit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vorte...27095800QQrdZ1

And heres one you can score for pretty cheap. Just needs an impellor from vortech which runs about $130:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VORTE...26973223QQrdZ1
Old 01-05-2006, 09:51 PM

yeah...I would need a price quote on the full starter kit with everything but the plate...since I already have plate and the S/C'er is already attached to it...so I won't be needing those bolts either...

any idea on the price?
Old 01-06-2006, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
yeah...I would need a price quote on the full starter kit with everything but the plate...since I already have plate and the S/C'er is already attached to it...so I won't be needing those bolts either...

any idea on the price?
I need to get priceing on the drain back plate first to give you an idea on a price

-matt
Old 01-08-2006, 06:45 PM

Matt you know I am down for the starter kit plus the unit we talked about.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Zach95SE
Matt you know I am down for the starter kit plus the unit we talked about.
Yes.

I will be contacting all the interested parties this week when I get ahold of the Drain back plates and update the thread. My machinest is being slow on my plates beacuse he got busy right after he finished all the V1 plates. Now Im on the bottom of the list of projects hes working on. I am pushing him though

-matt
Old 01-12-2006, 08:28 AM

ok well its been several weeks and everything in my kit is working perfectly. before i used mattys kit it was shredding belts every few weeks sometimes every week. great job matty!
Old 01-14-2006, 12:08 PM

Drain Back Plates have been Added with Full Pricing for both Kits on Page 1 of this thread. Here are some pics that can Also be found on Page one. Contact me VIA PM, Email Jeepman17@aol, or feel free to Post up here.

**Full V1 Starter Kit**

**Drain Back Plate**

-matt
Old 01-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

Sweet. I'll be getting with you as soon as I can get the cash together. Here's a question. I would have to use a different lower radiator hose or would I just have to cut it.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by MyownNismo
Sweet. I'll be getting with you as soon as I can get the cash together. Here's a question. I would have to use a different lower radiator hose or would I just have to cut it.
Stock one, Cut a bit

6 Full Kits left

-matt
Old 01-14-2006, 12:58 PM

wait, what is the drain back housing for again?
Old 01-14-2006, 12:59 PM

and matt, can you pm me with the price of the kit minus the V1 plate and minus the idler pulley...but leave all the other stuff including the bolts and washers and such...

Quick Reply: FS: *NEW* V1 S/C Plate Kits...