Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Supercharging AE with 150K miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:45 PM

Supercharging AE with 150K miles

Just would like to hear some of your responses to this subject. I pretty much made up my mind on going ahead with S/C install on this vehicle since mechanically car seems to be just fine. I'll be getting a compressions test done some time next week. One of the things which keeps on bugging me is the transmission since I'll be installing an ACT Stage 1 clutch. With that mileage on the car, would it be better to get the tranny rebuild before doing anything else? I'll be installing a V1 w/3.33 to begin with. Other then that, please feel free to comment on this subject. Thank you very much to everyone in advance on any help provided.

Andrei
Old 10-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Nismo98
Just would like to hear some of your responses to this subject. I pretty much made up my mind on going ahead with S/C install on this vehicle since mechanically car seems to be just fine. I'll be getting a compressions test done some time next week. One of the things which keeps on bugging me is the transmission since I'll be installing an ACT Stage 1 clutch. With that mileage on the car, would it be better to get the tranny rebuild before doing anything else? I'll be installing a V1 w/3.33 to begin with. Other then that, please feel free to comment on this subject. Thank you very much to everyone in advance on any help provided.

Andrei
I believe in the motto, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" With any luck your tranny will go at the same time your clutch goes, then you can fix both at the same time. When doing the clutch, I would look at the tranny or have the mechanic look it over for ya since it's apart anyway. Couldn't hurt. Does the tranny feel ok?

Are you installing your clutch as a preventive measure? or is it bad right now?

Are you a lead foot? Do you plan on launching hard off the line? If so, then the OEM clutch won't last very long. If you only cruise and hit WOT once it a while, the OEM will last a while and can handle the job.

I highly recommend you do a full tune-up though before putting the SC on.

Also, you may want to upgrade your clutch beyond an ACT stage 1 now if you plan on going a lot further peformance wise than a 3.33 pulley. It will save you time and money.

oh, and what's with the "AE" in your subject line????? I thought that was a 5th gen thing.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
I believe in the motto, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" With any luck your tranny will go at the same time your clutch goes, then you can fix both at the same time. When doing the clutch, I would look at the tranny or have the mechanic look it over for ya since it's apart anyway. Couldn't hurt. Does the tranny feel ok?

Are you installing your clutch as a preventive measure? or is it bad right now?

Are you a lead foot? Do you plan on launching hard off the line? If so, then the OEM clutch won't last very long. If you only cruise and hit WOT once it a while, the OEM will last a while and can handle the job.

I highly recommend you do a full tune-up though before putting the SC on.

Also, you may want to upgrade your clutch beyond an ACT stage 1 now if you plan on going a lot further peformance wise than a 3.33 pulley. It will save you time and money.

oh, and what's with the "AE" in your subject line????? I thought that was a 5th gen thing.

The S/C is going on my 2001 Anniversary Edition which I bought a few months ago. As of right now, the clutch & tranny feel fine. With the amount of miles and rock chips all over the front end that the car has, I am 90% certain that it spent most of it's life on the highway. Once the S/C gets installed, I don't have any plans on betting the **** out of the car. As for the ACT clutch, yes it is getting installed as a preventive measure. Although as for going beyond ACT State 1, I really don't think that it's necessary since numerous people put down well over 300 HP to the wheel with a Stage 1. As for recommendation on the tune-up, please advice a little bit more on what exactly I should concentrate on. Thank you very much for your reply and any additional help.

Andrei
Old 10-14-2006, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Nismo98

The S/C is going on my 2001 Anniversary Edition which I bought a few months ago. As of right now, the clutch & tranny feel fine. With the amount of miles and rock chips all over the front end that the car has, I am 90% certain that it spent most of it's life on the highway. Once the S/C gets installed, I don't have any plans on betting the **** out of the car. As for the ACT clutch, yes it is getting installed as a preventive measure. Although as for going beyond ACT State 1, I really don't think that it's necessary since numerous people put down well over 300 HP to the wheel with a Stage 1. As for recommendation on the tune-up, please advice a little bit more on what exactly I should concentrate on. Thank you very much for your reply and any additional help.

Andrei

Spark Plugs, Oil Change, Tranny flush, Coolant Flush, check all the hoses.. the normal stuff.. leaks etc...