Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Vortech oil feed fitting Q

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 04:05 PM
The original VQ...

Vortech oil feed fitting Q

So im just looking at my newly aquired used V1 kit, and Im checking out the oil feed nipple/ strainer.

So I pull it off, and i was very suprised to see how restrictive it was.

Is mine plugged up? or are they normaly very restrictive ? Because I removed it fro mthe blower and blew air through it. And I was suprised.

Should this thing be replaced or cleaned ?

This is the fitting im talking about btw http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=71
Old 09-29-2011, 04:45 AM
The original VQ...

Bump anyone?

Also my used kit didn't come with a drain back plate? Do I have any other options for my return line?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:36 AM

^^ I might have another drain back plate lying around in my garage - i'll let you know later tonight.

Edit: Sorry dude i don't have an extra one

Last edited by joesae01max; 09-30-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by maxspeed96CT
So im just looking at my newly aquired used V1 kit, and Im checking out the oil feed nipple/ strainer.

Is mine plugged up? or are they normaly very restrictive ? Because I removed it fro mthe blower and blew air through it. And I was suprised.

Should this thing be replaced or cleaned ?

This is the fitting im talking about btw http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=71

For peace of Mind, I would probably get a new one But you should be fine with that one (i thought the same thing with mine).
Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got a new one when I first did my kit. They are very retrictive because it meant to blow or fan the oil over the inside, not just dump it in.

-matt
Old 10-01-2011, 11:32 AM

The drain back tube is the tube off the stock air box/resonator. Take your stock water pump cover and drill and tap a hole for a barbed fitting or you can weld on a little metal pipe. Or skip all that and buy one. Whatever floats your boat. Good luck, superchargers are fun.
Bump anyone?

Also my used kit didn't come with a drain back plate? Do I have any other options for my return line?
Old 10-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Donating i30 Owner

So im just looking at my newly aquired used V1 kit, and Im checking out the oil

You have to take into account the pressure at which the oil is traveling through out the engine. Your oral test might not be able to produce as much pressure.... without sounding homosexual.

The oil squirters etc within the engine are small as well. This allows for the oil to travel in a narrow passage with higher velocity thus making sure oil is fed through out. This is why soon as you crank your engine, the oil has circulated before it even has ignition.

If you removed the little fitting, there is a crush washer that has to be replaced before putting the fitting back in. Make sure you use a new one as you can get a leak from there and you don't want to see that when you finished mounting the whole thing.

Last edited by HomerMAC; 10-02-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
The original VQ...

Originally Posted by matty
I got a new one when I first did my kit. They are very retrictive because it meant to blow or fan the oil over the inside, not just dump it in.

-matt
Kind of like a oil burner, makes sense but I had to ask.

I think im just going to buy this on ebay. Hope its long enough.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vorte...item5ae2bb35f7

Originally Posted by Quickywd01
The drain back tube is the tube off the stock air box/resonator. Take your stock water pump cover and drill and tap a hole for a barbed fitting or you can weld on a little metal pipe. Or skip all that and buy one. Whatever floats your boat. Good luck, superchargers are fun.
K, Im trying to locate a spare water pump plate as we speak , and Im going to try to drill it , then weld in some bent 1/2" electrical tubing to somewhat mirror the stillen plate..

If not I know matty sells it but id like to sucessfull make my own since I have a ton of other s/c goodies I need to buy.