Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Help Through My Vortech V2 Install DeK

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 05:52 PM

cost is $1200 bux so far. car was ready today. i took it half mile down road car was running FULL RICH 10.0 whole time, charge pipe flew off, smoke everywhere, coolant every, oil everywhere i took it back and blew up on the guys, he assures me the manager himself will go over everything and redo it. my oil feed line was draging on ground, radiator cap they broke and everything was loose...its been a month and 1200 bux i had to go buy a new car just to get to work.

Im fed up with this crap, the oil drain they spent 3 weeks on is leaking oil. their was left over hoses everywhere under hood..the FMU they installed is making it FULL Rich for some reason.

without the FMU it ran good is hell and pulled hard.

if wondering its CMS performance in houston texas.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:53 PM

so basicly, my install in my garage in 9 hours was cleaner then their "professional" shop.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Sorry to hear about your troubles. You were better off alone IMO.

Oil drain tube leaking...I called that one.

Check the FMU and see what disc ratio is in there. I bet it's the wrong one.

Every install I've done has taken between 24 and 30 hours. Do it once, do it right. I wish you were closer. I'd have you straightened out in no time.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:02 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I do a lot of LSx supercharger install and tuning with HPtuners software. The pulley pictured is the same idler used on most all supercharger bracket systems, A@A and ECS also. I believe I have and extra if that is still a problem. I will PM you my number and would be glad to come take a look and see if I can help if needed. You need to make sure the proper washer is in the FMU also or it won't be "calibrated" to your injectors size. I believe I have an old one of those too from my Mustang days. CMS are hacks......sorry to say. I'm in Houston.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:37 PM

Thanks Bro! be awesome! I just picked car up today car was Good Except the feed line i provided has a pin hole in and and drips slightly. i said screw it, instead of waiting a week for it to come in and my car sit their even longer i picked it up drove it 12 miles home.

When i got home.....

oil still leaking from the Drain he did, the belt had moved over the S/C pulley and shreaded barely holding on. the charge pipe flew off AGAIN. i paid out of pocket for a new Radiator cap they broke and gonna have to buy the feed line. i got screwed HARD. the belt i proveded them with was new he said he went to oreillys and got me a new one so id be with a new one IDK why!! that belt odviously isn't for it, or the pulley is allowing the belt to move around.

he removed the FMU car runs Decent now not full out rich and dieing. other then all these issues shes home and leaking.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Administrator

What a mess...

The FMU will ultimately need to be re-installed in order for the Max to safely go into boost.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:03 PM

Going with a newer FMU. one i had he said was really old and hard to find the discs that go in it.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:41 PM

I would just pull the washer out, and drill out the inside of it if need be. I would also without a doubt add a water/meth kit. Zero degree windshield washer fluid will do from the Family Dollar. Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow and picking up the pulley. I should have it done in a day for you.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:27 PM

Guys, quick question for anyone that might know...I am currently turning the OP an idler pulley for his setup. Does the adjuster arm go between the bracket and the bushing that fits into the bearing?

Bracket>adjuster arm>bushing>pulley> nut. In that order? It doesn't seem to sit right that way, but maybe it's been bent. Thanks Steve
Old 10-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by WTF?
Guys, quick question for anyone that might know...I am currently turning the OP an idler pulley for his setup. Does the adjuster arm go between the bracket and the bushing that fits into the bearing?

Bracket>adjuster arm>bushing>pulley> nut. In that order? It doesn't seem to sit right that way, but maybe it's been bent. Thanks Steve
Close, but not quit.

Bracket>1/8" thick washer>adjusting rod>pulley step spacer>2" diameter pulley>original OEM washer>nut
Old 10-01-2014, 08:16 PM

Thank you very much, I appreciate the info.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:38 PM

Well, I made the idler pulley, but I don't know if he had tried it yet. Awaiting results...LOL
Old 10-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Administrator

You have a pulley CNC'd for him?

Hopefully he'll be able to work through this other minor issues as well.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:49 PM

No, I hand turned it on a lathe. Heard from him today, said it fit fine. Now just a few other issues and he will be good.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:08 AM

Little update........Car is here at my house, and Travis and I yanked everything off that CMS installed. Can you believe they had the FMU on the PRESSURE side of the fuel system? Holy Crap. Anyways, we got the pulley and the belt alignment issue taken care of. I pulled the Vortech apart last night and clocked the volute as it was hitting the power steering lines I think. Put nice washers and lock washers on everything as there wasn't a single washer one, and the heads of the bolts were gauging the blower bracket. He has a good BEGI FMU, the kind that you can bleed the boost rate and adjust for fuel pressure, or rising rate....pretty nice unit. I had to get on McMaster Carr and order a new bleed screw because CMS didn't even put one in it. Ridiculous.

I showed him my car, and he sees the datalog with the water injection, made a believer out of him, he ordered a good water\meth kit today, and we will install it. I think this thing is going to run pretty good when we get it together.

Another thing, he had a NX kit on it with a 125 shot, and was pulling timing through the Android APP.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Administrator

I hope you didn't leave the OEM power steering lines in place. The SC will rub through them if left in place. They must be relocated as Stillen states in their instructions.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
I hope you didn't leave the OEM power steering lines in place. The SC will rub through them if left in place. They must be relocated as Stillen states in their instructions.

Yes, That will be the next project probably this Weekend! Steve's been a HUGE Help and is VERY knowledgeable with This stuff and has taught me a lot and has gone WAYYY outta his way to help me! Big Shoutout to him!

CMS had the entire top of the bracket bolted together while the bottom half wasnt and was caught on stuff everywhere! the entire bracket was leaning causing all the belts to shread and they couldnt figure it out in months. three days in Steve has accomplished more then CMS would have EVER. Im glad he turned me onto the meth injection as well!

We will keep yall posted Org!