Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Time To Turbo the Max!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Time To Turbo the Max!

Ive doing a lot of research on tubroing a car and know that it takes a lot of time to manage and also keep up with it which i already do with my car right now and Ive also found a decent Turbo kit that already comes with everything beside the manifold which i know you have to make you're self which is this

http://goo.gl/ovYsxq

But Thought i'd switch out the turbo from the kit with this Turbo

http://goo.gl/dftEHs

I've found a place that would install it all for me because i do have some good knowledge with everything but rather have somebody way more experience then me haha, Also i know that ill need need fuel injectors, fuel pump, shift kits, perm brakes.

Just wanted to see if anybody thinks that my idea is good or if i need to tune i few things.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:19 PM

First of all those kits are junk. Only thing actually useable may be the intercooler. What year Max do you own?
Old 05-23-2016, 02:38 PM

My turbo by itself cost as much as that entire kit.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by akurtzer57
First of all those kits are junk. Only thing actually useable may be the intercooler. What year Max do you own?
Not really...tube and fin IC.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:41 AM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by Crusher103

Best case? The seals blow.
Worst case? The compressor wheel disintegrates and your motor breathes in metal flakes.

Last edited by Child_uv_KoRn; 05-24-2016 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by akurtzer57
A 96, so then if its junk which kit is good then lmao, i didnt really think the kit would be the problem beside the turbo that its with, which i thought id switch it out with a different one
Old 05-24-2016, 09:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Crusher103
Amazing haha
Old 05-25-2016, 09:24 PM

I don't know why you wouldn't just want to do it right. This kit comes with junk mechanical parts that probably won't last, and standard intercooler stuff. You could just buy an intercooler piping set and save 400 for real parts.

This stuff gets very expensive though. I don't know your budget, but while you can say that you just need a manifold built and everything else can be purchased, just wait until you get everything else and it comes down to actually having one made. No one in my city wanted to touch my setup. I had to laugh, the Honda tuning shop accused me of dreaming of some Fast and Furious car setup. I was looking at a couple thousand bucks just to have a shop slap a simple manifold together, and I'd be without the car for about a month just for that.

I HIGHLY recommend finding a place that you trust that would be willing to build this stuff for you before you buy anything. Also, the little things add up. You pretty much need a new/replacement of everything by the end of the project with the age of our cars.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:11 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

it's the simple fact that people want to go fast and don't want to pay for it. also add to the part where most people think bolting on a turbo is like throwing on an intake and most won't spend the time to do the research.

Originally Posted by Cotozic
I don't know why you wouldn't just want to do it right. This kit comes with junk mechanical parts that probably won't last, and standard intercooler stuff. You could just buy an intercooler piping set and save 400 for real parts.

This stuff gets very expensive though. I don't know your budget, but while you can say that you just need a manifold built and everything else can be purchased, just wait until you get everything else and it comes down to actually having one made. No one in my city wanted to touch my setup. I had to laugh, the Honda tuning shop accused me of dreaming of some Fast and Furious car setup. I was looking at a couple thousand bucks just to have a shop slap a simple manifold together, and I'd be without the car for about a month just for that.

I HIGHLY recommend finding a place that you trust that would be willing to build this stuff for you before you buy anything. Also, the little things add up. You pretty much need a new/replacement of everything by the end of the project with the age of our cars.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Cotozic

Sorry For late reply, Thank you for the information, ive heard that people usualy just get the kits and then switch out stuff from the kits but guessing since some of the kits are trash the part will go out faster, but thank you
Old 05-27-2016, 06:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DanNY
it's the simple fact that people want to go fast and don't want to pay for it. also add to the part where most people think bolting on a turbo is like throwing on an intake and most won't spend the time to do the research.
I Hope your not referring to me, i understand that it takes time and money, plus im very i guess you can say knowledgeable about cars but not such things as tubroing a car lol morely by keeping my car on on high maintenance i can basically fix whatever needs to by done with it, so mine is still in very condition, Ive also done a lot of research on it tho, mainly its just people getting the kits then fabin the parts that actually need to be done, but i guess the route now is too separately get the parts
Old 05-27-2016, 08:34 PM

I been gathering parts for a long while waiting for the right time to buy and I'll say I've spent a pretty penny already with butt loads of other parts still to buy, however I did get a steal on a gt3071r
Old 05-28-2016, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mattman998
I Hope your not referring to me, i understand that it takes time and money, plus im very i guess you can say knowledgeable about cars but not such things as tubroing a car lol morely by keeping my car on on high maintenance i can basically fix whatever needs to by done with it, so mine is still in very condition, Ive also done a lot of research on it tho, mainly its just people getting the kits then fabin the parts that actually need to be done, but i guess the route now is too separately get the parts
Yes, we are talking about you and other like you who think a $127.25 turbo is going to work. But who knows we all could be wrong and since your "very knowledgeable" you buy the kit install it lets see how this "T04E boost 400hp stage iii" turbo works out, break new grounds for all of us. Maybe im the idiot for buying a $750 turbo. Prove all us who think it's not going to work wrong.