Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

$1090 For New Blowtenzas HAHAHAHAH

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

$1090 For New Blowtenzas HAHAHAHAH

I was just at a Firestone/Bridgestone store to have them look a small very slow leak that has previously been plugged on one of my OE Blowtenzas. Of course they tell me the leak is not repairable and that it about time for new tires. Mind you, there is still plenty of tread left. I decided to listen to the salesman's pitch he went into the whole warranty and lifetime allignment BS, he even explained how this was a sales price with buy 3 get 1 free (worse than a car salesman). So ~$333 for each tire since 1 is free. I told him that the price was ridiculous for such an average tire.

My question:
Do you think (I mean give it your best guess, Iknow you cannot see the plug) this leak can be fixed? It goes from 34 --> ~22 PSI in a weak and stays around 22 for a long time after that. This is something I can live with until it is tire time.

When I do get new tire I plan on getting the Falkens everyone here talks about. What Price should I be shooting for installed on my car? I see them online for ~$100 all over. I know I have seen prices under $500 installed before, but what have you guys and gals been getting them for lately?

Thanks,
Old 10-21-2004, 07:38 PM

That is ****ing ridiculous. That guy couldn't sell a brand new BMW for 10k.

My dad has a garage and Toyo T1-S sell for about 150$ each depending on size. Good qualitly tires are 80-100$. Crappy ones can be as cheap as 60. Install and balanced is 40$, 44$ for mags. I'd have to check for potenzas but they can't be more than 90$ otherwise they aren't worth it. So that's 400$ installed and that's canadian money.

Of course if you're on 18" it's more but that's still a hilarious price. For 330$ I could get two toyo T1-S and about a week's worth of gag-inducing stuff at McDonald's.

Tell that guy to shove all four up his ***. Is that the dealership? They are such a bunch of bloodsucking ****** it's just not funny anymore.

Instal and balance should be about 10$ plus tax for one tire.

Also, about your 22psi tire; Often it's only the rim that's rusted. A clean rim is about 12$. A plug is 8$. If the tire is really done get a used one and hope it holds until tire time. But check the rim at a local garage. But if you're on oem 17" or 18" that obviously isn't an issue, or are you on winter wheels?

Man, I still can't believe that guy tried to suck eleven hundred dollars out of you. Wow, I mean wow. Those "Buy 3 and get one free!" hope-they-were deals never seem to die. It's obvious they took the price and inflated it by a third on each to make it seem like a "deal".
Old 10-21-2004, 11:18 PM
VIP Maxima

get ur flat tire fixed. u dont wanna end up with a blown tire buddy.

Old 10-22-2004, 06:42 AM

For a $1,100, I'd get a summer set on the OEMs and a winter set on steelies, but that's not the question. Go somewhere else and get a second opinion on the plug. I personally would go to a mom and pop shop instead of a commission place.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by CCS2k1Max
For a $1,100, I'd get a summer set on the OEMs and a winter set on steelies, but that's not the question. Go somewhere else and get a second opinion on the plug. I personally would go to a mom and pop shop instead of a commission place.

Well, I did get a second opinion. I brought it to Marathon station within walking distance from work. I had the tire patched for $20 (the mechanic did say I may have a slight chance of problems if I drive to California). This guy will probably be getting my business for my next set of tires.