1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Trunk pop and spring probs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 01:27 AM

Trunk pop and spring probs?

I recently got fed up with my trunk pop not working correctly, plus i need it to work right so i can hook it up to me keyless/alarm, my problem was 1) the pop button would click, but rarely pop the trunk, to fix this, pop the trunk and look at the latch under the deck lid, there will be a little black tab, what i did was put a small piece of hose that fit snuggly right over it, my problem was that the actuator had to much clearence using the hose as a shim seemed to fix my problem. Now for the second problem, when i would pop my trunk it would not spring open like it was supposed to, to fix this i looked underneath the deck lid (right under where the stock alarm/keyless brains are) those long metal rods are springs, i wraped some good strong wire around the far left end of the two rods, there was originaly a clip there that held them together to allow the trunk to spring open...using the wire just acts as a makeshift clip. thought some of you may have had this same problem, so i figured id post how i fix my little "max problems". late, Kenneth
Old 04-08-2003, 07:08 AM
I love lamp.

Re: Trunk pop and spring probs?

Originally posted by jayrebb
I recently got fed up with my trunk pop not working correctly, plus i need it to work right so i can hook it up to me keyless/alarm, my problem was 1) the pop button would click, but rarely pop the trunk, to fix this, pop the trunk and look at the latch under the deck lid, there will be a little black tab, what i did was put a small piece of hose that fit snuggly right over it, my problem was that the actuator had to much clearence using the hose as a shim seemed to fix my problem. Now for the second problem, when i would pop my trunk it would not spring open like it was supposed to, to fix this i looked underneath the deck lid (right under where the stock alarm/keyless brains are) those long metal rods are springs, i wraped some good strong wire around the far left end of the two rods, there was originaly a clip there that held them together to allow the trunk to spring open...using the wire just acts as a makeshift clip. thought some of you may have had this same problem, so i figured id post how i fix my little "max problems". late, Kenneth
Well, when you pop the trunk, it's meant to spring up a little, not open all the way. Either way, what you did usually does the trick.

S
Old 04-08-2003, 07:20 AM

Re: Re: Trunk pop and spring probs?

Originally posted by maximase86

Well, when you pop the trunk, it's meant to spring up a little, not open all the way. Either way, what you did usually does the trick.

S
ok, so its not supposed to spring up all the way...my bad.but honestly..what would you rather have on your car??
Old 04-08-2003, 11:12 AM
I love lamp.

Re: Re: Re: Trunk pop and spring probs?

Originally posted by jayrebb

ok, so its not supposed to spring up all the way...my bad.but honestly..what would you rather have on your car??
I don't mind either, as long as the trunk lid isn't still closed when you pop it.

S