3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Good junk yard in western PA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 12:23 AM

Good junk yard in western PA?

hey i live about 30 min from pittsburgh and im lookin for any good junk yards i could look around in. my uncle has a junk yard but its mostly all american cars no maxs in there . lemme know if u know of one.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:55 AM

heard there are some 3rd gens in the stubenville area.......i dont have any numbers but try yellow pages dot com for slavage yards in stubenville
Old 03-27-2005, 06:20 AM

Man you need to take a trip to central PA, or even the outside of Philly, there are too many junk yards. There is this one called U-pull it they have specials every now and then, $40 for whatever you can carry accross a line and $60 for whatever you can drag (they give you a hood with chains on it.) I was about to drag a whole car accross the line but i had no way to tow it home.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Now that's funny, dragging a car across a line. Do you happen to know when they will have these specials? I know the place, but never went there during my other visits to the junkyards.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:03 AM

Has anyone been to "Harry's U pull it" in Hazelton, PA? They seem like they have a huge yard... I'm thinking about taking a trip down there but its atleast a full day trip since I'm in Central NY...but if someone can tell me whether or not they have anything good there then they can save me a trip.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Juan has told me about harrys I think, you should ask him, hes been there a bunch of times I think.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ninty-two-se
Has anyone been to "Harry's U pull it" in Hazelton, PA? They seem like they have a huge yard... I'm thinking about taking a trip down there but its atleast a full day trip since I'm in Central NY...but if someone can tell me whether or not they have anything good there then they can save me a trip.

Yeah thats the one, Harry's. Ive gotten a ton of things from there for my SAAB and my Max...

If i was home i could get you a flier with a list of parts. It has a calender on the back that shows what specials it runs for which weeks. They may have a website im not sure. That is the best yard ive been to by far. Its really organized well too. Thats mos def a full day thing. Get there early cus people come there in teams. I saw some cats drop an engine out and drag it away in less than 15 min.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:29 PM

heres are the names of two junk yards in the Wv area (about 30mins from Pittsburgh) 1. Ballato Bros. -prices are very cheap if you go and take the stuff off yourself, but sometimes he doesnt take care of the cars he has lets them rot out. 2.Zattas - prices are a little steaper but they take very goog care of there cars. I happen to know that both of these junk yards have quite a few 3rd. gen junk yards. sorry i dont have the phone numbers but at the moment my girlfriend has my cell phone and there in it. Ballato Bros. is located in Follansbee and Zattas is located in Wellsburg. just curious but what are u looking for?
Old 03-27-2005, 03:45 PM

Harrys is worth a trip, even if you don't find everything you're looking gfor for your Maxima. I went there once and got some great deals. Its like the Wally World of junk yards. They charge a buck or two just to get in, sell lunch onsite, and even have engine pullers, etc available for rent. When I was there, people were lined up for cheap gas, sold onsite. The hood dragging special sounds like a hoot.

Stop in Carlisle, PA on the way out to Harry's. There is a yard in Carlisle that has a bunch of 3rd generation maximas. I forget the name of the place but there aren't many in Carlisle. Its on a road with an automotive name... something weird like "Gasoline Alley" or something. My cousin and I usually hit that yard when we go to Carlisle for the fall show.

Anyone ever been to the Carlisle subcompact show? Its in State College this year instead of Harrisburg. Any feedback from past shows?
Old 03-27-2005, 04:44 PM

Yeah they kicked em out of the burg cus last year they got too rowdy. Cops were giving tickets left and right. City council voted to bann them. I liked it.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:20 PM

Well sounds like I sould go visit Harry's... I've been to Carlisle for the all ford shows/mustang events with my uncle but haven't been in a few years... I drive a truck for a farm market here maybe once every few weeks in july/aug to pick up peaches from a farm not too far past carlisle, so I'm familiar with the area... off topic (but the most <b>important</b> part of this post) ... but does anyone remember seeing any 2nd gen Rx-7's or 280zx's there? (definately always in search for cheap parts for my 80's cars)
Old 03-29-2005, 12:11 PM

no salvage yards came up for stubenville pa
Old 03-29-2005, 12:17 PM

im looking for a few things, first is both axles for a 92 se 5 speed, some ve injectors, and new hinges for the drivers door. it sags about 3/4 inch O_O
Old 03-29-2005, 12:38 PM

Harry's you pull it
There is a section you can click on that shows the monthly specials. There's one in Allentown as well
Old 03-29-2005, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tonyklem
no salvage yards came up for stubenville pa

stuebenville or steubenville or stubenville i cant remember. but its in OHIO!
Old 03-30-2005, 06:29 AM

last time i went to harrys there werent that many maximas, the 3rd gens there were completely stripped. things change though so they may have something now. harrys to me is like sesame place for little kids, in the end it costs about the same, but at least you have some great souveneers. btw, harrys website is wegotused.com
Old 03-30-2005, 06:34 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by shavedmax
last time i went to harrys there werent that many maximas, the 3rd gens there were completely stripped. things change though so they may have something now. harrys to me is like sesame place for little kids, in the end it costs about the same, but at least you have some great souveneers. btw, harrys website is wegotused.com
yeah same here...the 3rd gens were COMPLETELY stripped. since it's a pretty decent ride out there for me it's not really worth the trip...but it's something you need to experience first hand i guess. BRING LOTS OF TOOLS.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ninty-two-se

Harry's is definitely worth the trip. I went to the Hazleton one and the Pennsburg one. the Hazleton one had a few Max's from what i saw (i wasnt there long enough to look around), and the4 Pennsburg one had at least 4 or 5 VGs. Awsome prices too.