3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

So prevenitive maintenance screwed me over...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I too can predict things that happened yesterday
As usual, you are not making any sense
Old 04-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by 92SE_Dave
Yeah 5.0 mustang ok fine 4.456 litre or whatever... maybe your caprice wasn't fast but the 14.32s time I got my stock Mustang to run is a heck of alot faster than all of the heavily modded Maximas... not to take anything away from the Maxima it is a different type of car, I really like them too.

Man honestly I just have better things to do than study my tachometer all day to see what feels like the most power while I'm trying to feel if my new k&N really has given me "20 horsepower"..

22RE I was already corrected on the engine model. The differential, perhaps you have never built one, has EXTREMELY tight tolerances, greater than any other part of the car, and without the proper tools can be very hard to re-assemble.

If I did a performance rebuild on a motor, the filter would not be my primary concern, no...
1 - i'm doubting the fact that you even own a mustang.
2 - why bother with the maxima...you drive slower than my grandmother...should've gotten a 4 cyl honda to save gas...may i suggest civic DX circa 89?
3 - well someone already owned you on the diff issue...so i'll leave that alone. how do you NOT know the engine code of the engine that you rebuilt by hand??
4 - worse come back ever. the air filter SHOULD BE YOUR MAIN concern...the engine is a big air pump...more air = more power. oh wait...you drive like a grandmother anyway...just use a fram panel filter instead..and i don't mean the air hog either.

you're the biggest BS artist of the week. just /yourself and leave the forum. your come backs are weak. your wrenching skills are weak. you can't even understand the basic concept of a combustion engine. just stay in the right lane and drive your 54mph in 55 zone. oh and the shady reply with remove the ODO cable...nice job ace!

Old 04-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm needing a caw

I knew you were going to say that exact thing.

As usual, you are not making any sense
Old 04-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

But does a K&N really FILTER better than a standard air filter ???
of course not!...that's a rhetorical question.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
1 - i'm doubting the fact that you even own a mustang.
2 - why bother with the maxima...you drive slower than my grandmother...should've gotten a 4 cyl honda to save gas...may i suggest civic DX circa 89?
3 - well someone already owned you on the diff issue...so i'll leave that alone. how do you NOT know the engine code of the engine that you rebuilt by hand??
4 - worse come back ever. the air filter SHOULD BE YOUR MAIN concern...the engine is a big air pump...more air = more power. oh wait...you drive like a grandmother anyway...just use a fram panel filter instead..and i don't mean the air hog either.

you're the biggest BS artist of the week. just /yourself and leave the forum. your come backs are weak. your wrenching skills are weak. you can't even understand the basic concept of a combustion engine. just stay in the right lane and drive your 54mph in 55 zone. oh and the shady reply with remove the ODO cable...nice job ace!

1. owned a mustang
2. this is hilarious... i tell you a k&n filter is useless piece of crap that wanna-be hotrodders like yourself think will give you big gains in horsepower and you come back with all sorts of personal insults.. look at what your saying for a second... you don't know me at all, you don't know how i drive or who i am.. so why are you saying this crap ?
3. i got owned on a diff issue becuase i admitted UP FRONT that i had trouble getting it back together ?? if you tell me you've never had trouble with working on your car then you are straight up lying. i said the wrong engine code so ??? i rebuilt the motor by hand yes, mistyping the engine code doesnt mean a thing.
4. your a complete moron if your biggest concern with a rebuilt motor is the air filter. lmfao. your a joke of a poster and a person, and you dont know $hit about cars this is obvious all you can do is talk about air filters, horsepower and torque crap that you read in a book or internet.

grow the fukc up, pu$$y.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

1. owned a mustang
2. this is hilarious... i tell you a k&n filter is useless piece of crap that wanna-be hotrodders like yourself think will give you big gains in horsepower and you come back with all sorts of personal insults.. look at what your saying for a second... you don't know me at all, you don't know how i drive or who i am.. so why are you saying this crap ?
3. i got owned on a diff issue becuase i admitted UP FRONT that i had trouble getting it back together ?? if you tell me you've never had trouble with working on your car then you are straight up lying. i said the wrong engine code so ??? i rebuilt the motor by hand yes, mistyping the engine code doesnt mean a thing.
4. your a complete moron if your biggest concern with a rebuilt motor is the air filter. lmfao. your a joke of a poster and a person, and you dont know $hit about cars this is obvious all you can do is talk about air filters, horsepower and torque crap that you read in a book or internet.

grow the fukc up, pu$$y.
reply to 1 - yeah i used to own a diablo also

no **** clown..this is your post...(since you like to backpedal here)

A K&N with 150,000 miles even if you do clean it alot is not going to be as a good as a fresh normal filter. $10 a pop every 30,000 miles, compared to K&N.. how much.. $50 ?? So only after say 150,000 miles would the K&N 'possibly' be cheaper.. oh yeah forgot, you also have to spend another $20-30 bucks on oil cleaning kit etc... plus the labour of having to clean some nasty filter that could easily be replaced for 10 bucks...

reply to 2 - you're right...I don't know you...i'm taking what you're saying and making my own conclusion. you even stated that you drive your car in COMFORT mode....that basically means you drive like a woman and don't feel the need to be concerned about ANY performance issues what so ever.

i never mentioned any gains in relation to the K&N filter...different cars behave differently with an upgraded air filter. i also never mentioned that the K&N is god's gift to cars...GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT if you're going to try and flame me.

reply to 3 - you said that you didn't have enough information or know how about the diff. i don't repair TVs....so you see me pulling my LCD TV apart and messing around with it? shows your lack of common sense...if you pull it apart then you better know WTF you're doing so it'll go back together.

reply to 4 - again...that is not the BIGGEST concern...it's a MAIN concern. are you unable to read correctly? the air filter protects the engine from harmful dust and sand from going into your new engine. you're telling me that it doesn't matter? did you miss the part about the engine being a big air pump? you want sand and crap going into your freshly rebuilt motor. after thousands of dollar going to a new motor you're telling me you're going to use a stock air box w/ a stock filter?

oh big man can't have an adult discussion without using curse words. what are you...6 yrs old? are you going to cry to mommy now and tell on me?

you're telling me to grow up? you're 24 and can't even have a conversation where people don't agree with you w/o using curse words. are you the only child..did you have everything your way when you were little?

i'm not even going to ban you for calling me those names because i want to see what you come back with. go ahead brain child...muster all the wits you have and tell me something good.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wanna-be hotrodders like yourself

your a complete moron if your biggest concern with a rebuilt motor is the air filter.
what would be the biggest concerns then? seriously? I would do everything in my power to make sure my engine/everything is protected interms of filteration.
you dont know $hit about cars this is obvious all you can do is talk about air filters, horsepower and torque crap that you read in a book or internet.
it hurts, make it stop
Old 04-28-2005, 11:41 AM

reply to 1 - yeah i used to own a diablo also

no **** clown..this is your post...(since you like to backpedal here)

reply to 2 - you're right...I don't know you...i'm taking what you're saying and making my own conclusion. you even stated that you drive your car in COMFORT mode....that basically means you drive like a woman and don't feel the need to be concerned about ANY performance issues what so ever.

i never mentioned any gains in relation to the K&N filter...different cars behave differently with an upgraded air filter. i also never mentioned that the K&N is god's gift to cars...GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT if you're going to try and flame me.

reply to 3 - you said that you didn't have enough information or know how about the diff. i don't repair TVs....so you see me pulling my LCD TV apart and messing around with it? shows your lack of common sense...if you pull it apart then you better know WTF you're doing so it'll go back together.

reply to 4 - again...that is not the BIGGEST concern...it's a MAIN concern. are you unable to read correctly? the air filter protects the engine from harmful dust and sand from going into your new engine. you're telling me that it doesn't matter? did you miss the part about the engine being a big air pump? you want sand and crap going into your freshly rebuilt motor. after thousands of dollar going to a new motor you're telling me you're going to use a stock air box w/ a stock filter?

oh big man can't have an adult discussion without using curse words. what are you...6 yrs old? are you going to cry to mommy now and tell on me?

you're telling me to grow up? you're 24 and can't even have a conversation where people don't agree with you w/o using curse words. are you the only child..did you have everything your way when you were little?

i'm not even going to ban you for calling me those names because i want to see what you come back with. go ahead brain child...muster all the wits you have and tell me something good.
Arguing with you guys is pointless.. you're a broken record... you don't believe what I say, yet I still maintain the self-respect to listen to what your saying and actually take what you say as truth.

I apologize for the 'cuss' words but it really gets on my nerves having to repeat myself.. and being told ridiculous things like 'you didn't own a mustang' and you 'didn't rebuild a 22RE becuase you mistypes the engine code'...

What is the point of me arguing on a mature level if you can't even come close to it ?? I'm telling you truths about things I have done and where I had difficulties etc.. and all you can come back with is 'you drive like a grandma' ??

You really DO need to grow up !

I'm here to talk cars and of course Maximas in particular, but it seems that as soon as you get an argument opposing yours you guys make things personal. I'M not the one that brings personal things into this. I'm just here to hear other peoples views and give my own, which may occasianlly contradict what you read in a magazine or internet advertisement. I'm NOT here to get into childish arguments that you seem so bent on continuing and escalating. I never bring personal insults to an argument, I have only defended myself, yet everything I have said seems to have further insulted your 'intelligence', and you've felt the need to return fire with dissapointingly fragile arguments and insults.

OK...

1) of course I owned a mustang.. this is not up for debate.

2) you conclude that I drive like a granny becuase i put the little dash switch on 'comfort' mode. You have got to be kidding. In 'performance' mode, all that happnes is the car hangs around in first gear WAAAY too long (as I've already stated). There is ZERO performance gains having it in performance mode, acceleration is completely uninhibited when you give it throttle in comfort mode. There is no 'fast' shifting, or shifting before a certain RPM, it simply upshifts MORE EASILY.. like a normal auto tranny SHOULD, rather than sticking around gears too long to make it feel like you have lots of power 'on tap'. I definately do not drive like a granny, I am an excellent driver with a perfect accident record.. but not so perfect in other ways.

3) As I already stated, it was the first major project I undertook, and I was younger, and no I DIDN'T know exactly what I was getting into.. but this is ONE way to learn things.. not the best way. I can admit my mistakes... no harm done I only learned from it.

4) Yes the engine is an air pump I heard you... for the record I think that a fresh stock air filter would filter better than a K&N.. any differences though are negligible, this is not something that really deserves this sort of argument since it is so insignificant. Put in a good air filter, start car, end of story.

I've already said I apologize for the cuss words... now see if YOU can try to show a little maturity and get back to talking cars.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Arguing with you guys is pointless.. you're a broken record... you don't believe what I say, yet I still maintain the self-respect to listen to what your saying and actually take what you say as truth.

I apologize for the 'cuss' words but it really gets on my nerves having to repeat myself.. and being told ridiculous things like 'you didn't own a mustang' and you 'didn't rebuild a 22RE becuase you mistypes the engine code'...

What is the point of me arguing on a mature level if you can't even come close to it ?? I'm telling you truths about things I have done and where I had difficulties etc.. and all you can come back with is 'you drive like a grandma' ??

You really DO need to grow up !

I'm here to talk cars and of course Maximas in particular, but it seems that as soon as you get an argument opposing yours you guys make things personal. I'M not the one that brings personal things into this. I'm just here to hear other peoples views and give my own, which may occasianlly contradict what you read in a magazine or internet advertisement. I'm NOT here to get into childish arguments that you seem so bent on continuing and escalating. I never bring personal insults to an argument, I have only defended myself, yet everything I have said seems to have further insulted your 'intelligence', and you've felt the need to return fire with dissapointingly fragile arguments and insults.

OK...

1) of course I owned a mustang.. this is not up for debate.

2) you conclude that I drive like a granny becuase i put the little dash switch on 'comfort' mode. You have got to be kidding. In 'performance' mode, all that happnes is the car hangs around in first gear WAAAY too long (as I've already stated). There is ZERO performance gains having it in performance mode, acceleration is completely uninhibited when you give it throttle in comfort mode. There is no 'fast' shifting, or shifting before a certain RPM, it simply upshifts MORE EASILY.. like a normal auto tranny SHOULD, rather than sticking around gears too long to make it feel like you have lots of power 'on tap'. I definately do not drive like a granny, I am an excellent driver with a perfect accident record.. but not so perfect in other ways.

3) As I already stated, it was the first major project I undertook, and I was younger, and no I DIDN'T know exactly what I was getting into.. but this is ONE way to learn things.. not the best way. I can admit my mistakes... no harm done I only learned from it.

4) Yes the engine is an air pump I heard you... for the record I think that a fresh stock air filter would filter better than a K&N.. any differences though are negligible, this is not something that really deserves this sort of argument since it is so insignificant. Put in a good air filter, start car, end of story.

I've already said I apologize for the cuss words... now see if YOU can try to show a little maturity and get back to talking cars.
right...but here's my point...the K&N does have gains. it does saves me from buying filters...that's why "I" buy it...also it's hard to fit the air box in my fender due to the lack of my underhood space. oh and a recharge kit is about $11 bucks and i can do about 4-5 recharges on it. that's about 2 bucks per cleaning. find me a paper filter that cost 2 bucks.

well you don't seem like the type that would own a mustang and drive the maxima in comfort mode. telling me the truths of what? that YOU feel the K&N is total crap? that's YOUR opinion....if i told you the sky was green...should i expect you to believe me? your experience with K&N is having a panel drop in and from that alone you concluded that it was total crap...but of course when we told you that we run an open element you come back with some smart **** remark about how unfortunate that was. from that i have to bring the discussion down to your level because you're the type of person that feels what you think is it and will not believe anything else. i'm not here to brain wash you in thinking that the K&N gives you 50hp here...i never said spoke once about the gains but you come at me with that comment about gains over and over again.

reply to 2 - you do know there's a MIDDLE position on that switch..it's for NORMAL driving...i never ONCE mentioned that you need to be in power mode nor i drive in power mode. again...please do not repeat what the power mode does because i've gone into the tranny farther than you ever will. you're really stuck with this "performance" word here...i never mentioned that setting the switch to power will give you more power...DID I? the answer is no. you shouldn't have to drive in comfort mode...if you can drive normally you can just leave the switch in the middle position and your foot will tell the tranny when and where to shift.

reply to 3 - yes it's honorable that you do your own wrenching...but who goes to war unarmed?

reply to 4 - have you see the stock air box? it's a small resonated tube that goes into a panel filter and comes out of the other side into a resonated tube before the engine. you think that's good air flow?

you're confusing the words FILTER and FLOW. the K&N FLOWS more air. does it filter as well as a paper? of course not...you have less CFM going through the paper...of course you'll have less dirt going into your engine.

you're so stubborn in your ways that you don't even want to hear what we have to say...you just want to believe what you want to believe and want to spread your beliefs to everyone.

little maturity? respect is given when respect is EARNED...you have earned NOTHING. saying that you're sorry for cussing...yeah why did you even have to cuss in the first place?...right, due to the LACK of maturity. only after my post about your maturity level that you felt that you needed to grow up and talk in a grown up language. don't even come back and throw this BS at me son...you're out of your league on that.

get your facts straight before you let your emotions run your fingers on the keyboard because the half BS you pointed at me i never said.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:11 PM

right...but here's my point...the K&N does have gains. it does saves me from buying filters...that's why "I" buy it...also it's hard to fit the air box in my fender due to the lack of my underhood space. oh and a recharge kit is about $11 bucks and i can do about 4-5 recharges on it. that's about 2 bucks per cleaning. find me a paper filter that cost 2 bucks.

well you don't seem like the type that would own a mustang and drive the maxima in comfort mode. telling me the truths of what? that YOU feel the K&N is total crap? that's YOUR opinion....if i told you the sky was green...should i expect you to believe me? your experience with K&N is having a panel drop in and from that alone you concluded that it was total crap...but of course when we told you that we run an open element you come back with some smart **** remark about how unfortunate that was. from that i have to bring the discussion down to your level because you're the type of person that feels what you think is it and will not believe anything else. i'm not here to brain wash you in thinking that the K&N gives you 50hp here...i never said spoke once about the gains but you come at me with that comment about gains over and over again.

reply to 2 - you do know there's a MIDDLE position on that switch..it's for NORMAL driving...i never ONCE mentioned that you need to be in power mode nor i drive in power mode. again...please do not repeat what the power mode does because i've gone into the tranny farther than you ever will. you're really stuck with this "performance" word here...i never mentioned that setting the switch to power will give you more power...DID I? the answer is no. you shouldn't have to drive in comfort mode...if you can drive normally you can just leave the switch in the middle position and your foot will tell the tranny when and where to shift.

reply to 3 - yes it's honorable that you do your own wrenching...but who goes to war unarmed?

reply to 4 - have you see the stock air box? it's a small resonated tube that goes into a panel filter and comes out of the other side into a resonated tube before the engine. you think that's good air flow?

you're confusing the words FILTER and FLOW. the K&N FLOWS more air. does it filter as well as a paper? of course not...you have less CFM going through the paper...of course you'll have less dirt going into your engine.

you're so stubborn in your ways that you don't even want to hear what we have to say...you just want to believe what you want to believe and want to spread your beliefs to everyone.

little maturity? respect is given when respect is EARNED...you have earned NOTHING. saying that you're sorry for cussing...yeah why did you even have to cuss in the first place?...right, due to the LACK of maturity. only after my post about your maturity level that you felt that you needed to grow up and talk in a grown up language. don't even come back and throw this BS at me son...you're out of your league on that.

get your facts straight before you let your emotions run your fingers on the keyboard because the half BS you pointed at me i never said.
Well well well... my attempts to bring the conversation to a rational level have met with mild success. Quit the stupid insults, and don't call me son. It's ok though.. I don't mind seeing you get angry.. it gives me joy to know that I can live with the confidence and self-respect that you are so obviously lacking.

1) We've made headway along the narrow paths of your brain! I did own a Mustang.. it's been conceded !! Good job !

2) This switch has really thrown your mind into warp speed.. trying to cover the fact that there is no performance gains either way, and that having the switch in a particular position means nothing about the way you may drive.

3) Wow again we've made headway in your admittance of truth... I don't think I need to repeat myself about it.. I've made it pretty clear about what my expectations and mistakes were.

4) Yes I have seen the stock air box, and yeah it is pretty restrictive. Up until now I believe we've been talking about the filter element only and not the entire upper intake, of course there are gains to be made by modifying the air paths etc.

So the K&N in fact DOES NOT filter as well as a normal filter ? I really am impressed that you have admitted this, especially after giving me so much grief for suggesting that I'd use a regular air filter on a freshly rebuilt motor, potentially damaging it... you did say this... no ?

Sorry for hurting your feelings in my previsou post.. you seem genuinely upset about it.. like you might.. even *gasp*.. cry??

Again.. I'm not here to throw personal insults back and forth with you, and you're right, I AM out of your league at throwing childish insults ('BS') across the internet.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm needing a caw

Childish insults?? You crack me up. You are the one that started in on the childish crap. It's too late for you to appear intelligent. We already know you don't know much about cars.

You also said the K&N won't last and that it wouldn't filter as well after awhile. So what happened to THOSE comments? Or do you admit to being wrong on those items?? But EXACTLY how do you know the K&N doesn't flow as well clean or dirty?? Where are you getting these facts?

Dan knows more about cars now then you will ever hope to know. Have a nice day Dave.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Well well well... my attempts to bring the conversation to a rational level have met with mild success. Quit the stupid insults, and don't call me son. It's ok though.. I don't mind seeing you get angry.. it gives me joy to know that I can live with the confidence and self-respect that you are so obviously lacking.

1) We've made headway along the narrow paths of your brain! I did own a Mustang.. it's been conceded !! Good job !

2) This switch has really thrown your mind into warp speed.. trying to cover the fact that there is no performance gains either way, and that having the switch in a particular position means nothing about the way you may drive.

3) Wow again we've made headway in your admittance of truth... I don't think I need to repeat myself about it.. I've made it pretty clear about what my expectations and mistakes were.

4) Yes I have seen the stock air box, and yeah it is pretty restrictive. Up until now I believe we've been talking about the filter element only and not the entire upper intake, of course there are gains to be made by modifying the air paths etc.

So the K&N in fact DOES NOT filter as well as a normal filter ? I really am impressed that you have admitted this, especially after giving me so much grief for suggesting that I'd use a regular air filter on a freshly rebuilt motor, potentially damaging it... you did say this... no ?

Sorry for hurting your feelings in my previsou post.. you seem genuinely upset about it.. like you might.. even *gasp*.. cry??

Again.. I'm not here to throw personal insults back and forth with you, and you're right, I AM out of your league at throwing childish insults ('BS') across the internet.
PLEASEEE...if i was so sensitive about the internet i wouldn't be moderator and you've been permabanned.

1 - right and i owned a diablo...don't forget that.

2 - find me a place where i said that there will be performance gains if you flip the switch and i'll paypal you $100 right now...if not you paypal me $100...deal?

3 - as long as you know what your flaws are then you are past step one.

4 - how do you think air gets to that filter element? yeah by that skinny tube...or do u think that air naturally goes into the air box by the air fairy?

5 - yup...you're right...it doesn't filter as well due to increased flow. are you too stupid to understand that? if you have a very restrictive filter then it does a good job at filter at the price of flow. if you have a open filter (open element) that flows more than it will filter less due to the increased flow.

blow 10 cfm of air past a filter...then blow 100 cfm of air past a filter...let me know which filter will have more dirt...hint it's the 100cfm. more volume of air means more dirt it going throught the filter. for a performance engine to breath well it should get as much volume of air as it can get...the stock panel doesn't give you that.

i'm dishing up what you're giving out and i have plenty to go. you're not even backing up your statement with any common sense. you're just set in your way and it's your way or the highway.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:26 PM

Childish insults?? You crack me up. You are the one that started in on the childish crap. It's too late for you to appear intelligent. We already know you don't know much about cars.

You also said the K&N won't last and that it wouldn't filter as well after awhile. So what happened to THOSE comments? Or do you admit to being wrong on those items?? But EXACTLY how do you know the K&N doesn't flow as well clean or dirty?? Where are you getting these facts?

Dan knows more about cars now then you will ever hope to know. Have a nice day Dave.
The whole cleaning system of the filter is a bit of a joke, as it doesn't get ALL of the sediment out. I'd rather use a new clean air filter.

I don't know if it flows as well clean or dirty but this is my opinion.. or are we not allowed to state opinions on this forum ?
Old 04-28-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm needing a caw

Guess what Dave. Just because you have a new filter doesn't mean you don't have dirt in it within the first 1,000 miles right. So guess what? You are running with dirt in your filter. And given the fact that K&N says their filters flow very well clean or dirty is good. No one says a dirtly paper filter flows well. And it will get dirty quick.

But then again, I can clean my K&N anytime I please so I can have a clean filter almost all the time. While you will be running a dirtier/more clogged filter 50-70% of the time. Up to you though
Old 04-28-2005, 03:45 PM

PLEASEEE...if i was so sensitive about the internet i wouldn't be moderator and you've been permabanned.

1 - right and i owned a diablo...don't forget that.

2 - find me a place where i said that there will be performance gains if you flip the switch and i'll paypal you $100 right now...if not you paypal me $100...deal?

3 - as long as you know what your flaws are then you are past step one.

4 - how do you think air gets to that filter element? yeah by that skinny tube...or do u think that air naturally goes into the air box by the air fairy?

5 - yup...you're right...it doesn't filter as well due to increased flow. are you too stupid to understand that? if you have a very restrictive filter then it does a good job at filter at the price of flow. if you have a open filter (open element) that flows more than it will filter less due to the increased flow.

blow 10 cfm of air past a filter...then blow 100 cfm of air past a filter...let me know which filter will have more dirt...hint it's the 100cfm. more volume of air means more dirt it going throught the filter. for a performance engine to breath well it should get as much volume of air as it can get...the stock panel doesn't give you that.

i'm dishing up what you're giving out and i have plenty to go. you're not even backing up your statement with any common sense. you're just set in your way and it's your way or the highway.
1) ok , cool must have been fun.. why did you downgrade to a Maxima ??

2) you stated "yes and in comfort mode your engine never really rev past ummm 2500-3000?" meaning that.. well... 'your engine never really rev past ummm 2500-3000'.. does it not mean that ?

which is BLATANTLY WRONG of course.... A car which does not rev past 3000 would clearly be a loss in performance, and this is what you said, anyway I won't bother making a silly bet about something you said or didn't say (the fact that you bring up a bet about this further shows your mental imparments, as obvisouly you won't be paying me, even if you could admit that you made this comment that everyone else has seen!). If you SHOULD choose to pay up your bet let me know and I'll PM you my info.

3) Look, like I said before, everyone has made mistakes and if you haven't then you are lying... there was no reason for me to mention that.. but I did anyway since we WERE talking about cars.. until you had to make this personal. I think you must have issues with probably lack of control of your life.. you seem like a weak person, who requires the love of others (Jeff92SE) on an internet message board to make you feel better.

4) We were, and always have been talking about air filters, suddenly you are talking about other parts of intake. That's like me suddenly starting to talk about exhaust headers and trying to make it into an insult towards you, since they, too, are part of your air pump.

5) One minute you are saying I'd have to be insane to put a regular air filter on a new motor since it will ruin it, now you are saying that regular air filters are better for the motor ?? WHICH IS IT ?? Make up your mind !!! If your gonna continue your idiotic wailings then at least decide where you stand!

At least come up with something unique or infromative to say.. I'm getting reaaal tired of your whining.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:47 PM

Guess what Dave. Just because you have a new filter doesn't mean you don't have dirt in it within the first 1,000 miles right. So guess what? You are running with dirt in your filter. And given the fact that K&N says their filters flow very well clean or dirty is good. No one says a dirtly paper filter flows well. And it will get dirty quick.

But then again, I can clean my K&N anytime I please so I can have a clean filter almost all the time. While you will be running a dirtier/more clogged filter 50-70% of the time. Up to you though
If I was selling filters for $60 bucks a pop I'd say they flow well clean and dirty too... I think this was the original point I was getting at... you can't believe everything advertised in a filter, especially when independant dyno testing has showed that their gains are questionable at best. Ive had a K&N before and I found that they did seem to stay clean longer.. but is this at the expense of more dust going into your motor ? Switching to regular filters there was ZERO track difference.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

1) ok , cool must have been fun.. why did you downgrade to a Maxima ??

2) you stated "yes and in comfort mode your engine never really rev past ummm 2500-3000?" meaning that.. well... 'your engine never really rev past ummm 2500-3000'.. does it not mean that ?

which is BLATANTLY WRONG of course.... A car which does not rev past 3000 would clearly be a loss in performance, and this is what you said, anyway I won't bother making a silly bet about something you said or didn't say (the fact that you bring up a bet about this further shows your mental imparments, as obvisouly you won't be paying me, even if you could admit that you made this comment that everyone else has seen!). If you SHOULD choose to pay up your bet let me know and I'll PM you my info.

3) Look, like I said before, everyone has made mistakes and if you haven't then you are lying... there was no reason for me to mention that.. but I did anyway since we WERE talking about cars.. until you had to make this personal. I think you must have issues with probably lack of control of your life.. you seem like a weak person, who requires the love of others (Jeff92SE) on an internet message board to make you feel better.

4) We were, and always have been talking about air filters, suddenly you are talking about other parts of intake. That's like me suddenly starting to talk about exhaust headers and trying to make it into an insult towards you, since they, too, are part of your air pump.

5) One minute you are saying I'd have to be insane to put a regular air filter on a new motor since it will ruin it, now you are saying that regular air filters are better for the motor ?? WHICH IS IT ?? Make up your mind !!! If your gonna continue your idiotic wailings then at least decide where you stand!

At least come up with something unique or infromative to say.. I'm getting reaaal tired of your whining.
i love to argue with idiots...makes the day go by so fast.

1 - why did you upgrade to a maxima?

2 - are you that big of a moron that you can't understand english too? "yes and in comfort mode your engine never really rev past ummm 2500-3000?" never really revs past 2500-3000...learn the language...that means that if you FLOOR the car it will rev past it...but that line was me making the correlation of you keep the car in comfort mode and i made the assumption that you don't drive fast...good god you're an idiot. stop taking my lines out of context. last i checked you had to be at least 18 to gamble...i guess you're really not that age or you just don't have the cash to pay me. you highlighted the weakest line you can find and tried to make it look like i actually made a performance reference? again find that line i said anything about the performance.

3 - i'm doing fine on my own here..like i said if i wanted to take you out i could've permabanned you. notice you're still posting? i don't need the other's help here...you're doing a great job making yourself look like an total **** infront of everyone.

weak person?? lack control? that's the best you can come up with...you have to do better than that. how did you draw to that conclusion? i'm in FULL control..you see me cursing here calling you a pu$$y because i can't back my arguement? nope...THAT'S YOU! i also don't have to go into my foul language dictionary to make come backs unlike yourself...who's weak now?

4 - so you're telling me air magically goes into the air box? i'm talking actual application here...not some bench testing. i had to make it simple for you because you're so stubborn that you're not willing to believe actual theory or any laws of physics....and still don't.

5 - again...since you have the mental capacity of a pea here...

paper air filter = filters well due to low flow rate.
cone air filter = doesn't filter as well compared to paper due to higher flow rate.

low flow rate = performance loss
high flow rate = performance gain

i can't make it any easier for you. can you understand that?

so in conclusion....
A. if you're building a HIGH PERFORMANCE motor you want higher flow rate (open element filter).
B. if you don't give a rats **** what performance is then go with the lower flow rate (stock paper element).

i see you in the B category.

do you understand it now or do i have to draw pictures?
Old 04-28-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm needing a caw

Well prove the marketing people wrong then. Until then it's just your opinion and nothing more.

If I was selling filters for $60 bucks a pop I'd say they flow well clean and dirty too... I think this was the original point I was getting at... you can't believe everything advertised in a filter, especially when independant dyno testing has showed that their gains are questionable at best. Ive had a K&N before and I found that they did seem to stay clean longer.. but is this at the expense of more dust going into your motor ? Switching to regular filters there was ZERO track difference.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Seperated at Birth?

I demand this thread be locked and dave be b7'ed. Too much blah-blah shens about who's mother owned a yugo and who's filter flows better. stfu, both of you kthxgetanewthreadwhereyoucancalloutallyouwant.

now, i'm going to make a new thread with pics! in 5 mega-pixel glory. to all you 56k'ers. upgrade. i hear comcast is goin to 4 megs! wewt!

edit: no pics yet... damn permission settings on the home computer
Old 04-28-2005, 07:01 PM

Old 04-28-2005, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by antonthegrey
edit: no pics yet... damn permission settings on the home computer
goyou!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by antonthegrey
no pics yet... damn permission settings on the home computer

by your own computer
Old 04-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Seperated at Birth?

in short, #6 cylinder was carboned up like none other. i went to take off the injector, removed the cap, and it was cracked like all hell so pulling it out was fun when i removed it, the tip was carboned up as well so i checked #4.. same issue with carbon, but there wasn't much in the intake tract. I pulled off all the connectors and cleaned out the contacts.. looked like ****.

I found my upper intake manifold gasket is leaking in between both plenums... not anything that will ruin the motor, but it's something that can be fixed.

My new injectors (yeah, i'm getting two, just in case) are coming in tomorrow @ 10am. must. find. gasket set...
Old 04-28-2005, 08:27 PM

.....and here between the 15th and 16th rounds we see the challanger , a virtual nobody going blow to blow with the Champ ! Can this last??? If not, where will I see someone get schooled so bad again !!! Can Dan get the knockout will it go the distance (NOT!!!) Stay tuned America!!!