3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

help me break into my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 05:38 PM

help me break into my car

lost my keys
spare is in the armrest
i need to get in, hoping to do it tonight, i know the alarms gonna go off but im just gonna grab my spare and put it in the door so itll shut up, thing is i need some tips on how to do it, i tried with a wire hanger to press the unlock button, but cant get it inside the cabin, can someone help me please!
Old 05-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Way out West

spend $50 on a locksmith so you don't break a window, scratch the paint or scratch up your interior trying to grab the lock with a hook.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:54 PM

buy a good slim jim
Old 05-18-2005, 06:03 PM
I miss my VE

don't u wish u had ur GXE right about now?

wow, isn't it ironic. the guy who teaches people how to program their keyless entry, is trapped outside his car

j/k, sorry to hear man. yeah, go for the locksmith. you know how many times your write up saved me? thx
Old 05-18-2005, 06:27 PM

locksmith works but wen i/friend gets locked out, i use 3 tools. crowbar, flathead screwdriver, and wire hanger. first i take the screwdriver and i pry the top out a lil, enough to put the pry bar in most of the way, then i pry the door open alil more and slide the screwdriver down a lil more and keep doing it until its a little pass where the door starts slanting down. then i just take the hanger and go at it. bend the hanger a lil less than 1 foot from the end and go at it..keep trying till you hit the switch. also while your using the hanger, try to have a 2nd person pry the door a lil open so its easier to manuver
Old 05-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just be careful when you pry on the door, because i have seen some doors get bent that way, and the top sticks out a little bit after... i would say just pay for the lock smith or be a real man and cut out your spare tire area and climb in thru there
Old 05-18-2005, 07:05 PM

break a window and get another one from a junkyard

or call a locksmith. I'm sure they have 24 hour ones

like mountainbikeair said, I'd be careful about bending the top of the door frame if you try that

This is why you need to hide a wire somewhere on the outside of the car that is tied into the door unlock system. Then you just ground that wire to the chassis and you can get in (if the battery isn't dead).
Old 05-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Dude, I've got NOS!!!1!!1!1one

I love my gxe and its keyless entry, I'm going to miss it when I sell it. I think a locksmith is your best bet its a bit of $ but it gurantees little or no damage to your car, instead of using crowbars and such(no offense to xnyc and his methods). good luck with it
Old 05-18-2005, 07:34 PM

Do you have any other Nissan keys. Try using one and wiggle it around really good. 9 times out of 10 it WON'T work, but maybe you'll get lucky. When I used to valet park and a knucklehead would lock in a key, we always tried this first. Ive seen it work on a few ocassions.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Dude, I've got NOS!!!1!!1!1one

ahaha one time I started my car with my sisters keys so its always possible
Old 05-18-2005, 07:52 PM

Yeah my friend has a red 95 jetta and he can unlock my other friends red 96 GTI.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:58 PM

thanks guys for all your suggestions, but they're all so harsh!
locksmith = money, cutting out my spare wheel well = haha wtf

I pulled on the door at the top enough so that I could just see the cloth from my headliner, then my friend pressed the unlock button with the wire hanger

"why did i sell my car" i loved my damn keypad *waits for craig to install one/make writeup*

craig PM me about the whole hardwire thing!
Old 05-19-2005, 06:53 AM
mod or sell?

2 words:
ROAD SERVICE
Old 05-19-2005, 06:55 AM

maybe you will think about not keeping the spare in the car, lol what good does it do in the car anyway. glad you got in.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by DMad8724
lost my keys
spare is in the armrest
i need to get in, hoping to do it tonight, i know the alarms gonna go off but im just gonna grab my spare and put it in the door so itll shut up, thing is i need some tips on how to do it, i tried with a wire hanger to press the unlock button, but cant get it inside the cabin, can someone help me please!
Dude...one time right after I first got my car I locked my only set of keys in the car, while it was running!!! I ended up calling AAA (thanx Joe) and i couldnt believe i waited 45m for them!! When they got there all they did was stick like a kinda soft but sturdy rubbery/spongey thing in the crack of the door...just enough to slip somethin inside to lift the lock and VOILA! it was opened...If you can get a grip on the end of the door and pull it open enough to slip something in there to hold it open, then take like a coat hanger or something and slide that sucker in there and pull the door unlocked...

Whatever you do...I'm sure itll be easy - after watching that guy do it i felt like such an azz for even calling them because it was so easy to get back in!
Old 05-19-2005, 06:59 AM

I pulled on the door at the top enough so that I could just see the cloth from my headliner, then my friend pressed the unlock button with the wire hanger

"why did i sell my car" i loved my damn keypad *waits for craig to install one/make writeup*

oops didnt scroll down enough to see that you already got in....i said it was easy enough tho
Old 05-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by xnyc
locksmith works but wen i/friend gets locked out, i use 3 tools. crowbar, flathead screwdriver, and wire hanger. first i take the screwdriver and i pry the top out a lil, enough to put the pry bar in most of the way, then i pry the door open alil more and slide the screwdriver down a lil more and keep doing it until its a little pass where the door starts slanting down. then i just take the hanger and go at it. bend the hanger a lil less than 1 foot from the end and go at it..keep trying till you hit the switch. also while your using the hanger, try to have a 2nd person pry the door a lil open so its easier to manuver
holy sheeeit! don't ever touch my car...EVER.

might as well get a sledge hammer and punch a hole in the door to reach in.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
holy sheeeit! don't ever touch my car...EVER.

might as well get a sledge hammer and punch a hole in the door to reach in.
AMEN to that!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 09:13 AM

ha craig i like that idea
Old 05-19-2005, 11:00 AM

That crowbar nonsense will most likely mess your ride up if you're not an experienced hoodlum. Next time take a screw driver to the top of the glass and bend it so you can reach down and unlock the door. Very rarely does the glass break. This is how most theives gain access to locked non-accord cars.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:47 PM
I miss my VE

good to hear. hope you didn't scratch anything.

heres an idea, how about breaking a rear quater glass, and reaching in, and simply unlocking it. shortly after, going to a junkyard and getting the same window u broke, for around $30 if not less. open the door panel(dont know if required on 3rd gens), replace it yourself, vacuum the whole car(and inside the door) being careful not to cut yourself, close everything up, and your done. as mentioned above if the locksmith is $50, you saved 20 bucks, and vacuumed ur car

the few downfalls of this procedure though, are extra work, not knowing how to install the window, havin glass stuck in small crevisis in the door, or in the seats that are very hard to get to with a vacuum, cutting ur self, havin microscopic shards of glass all over no matter how many times u vacuum, and also i dont think it should be done if you have tinted windows.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:46 PM

my way works for me all the time without doing any damage so i guess you guys just arent confident enough to do it that way, no offense to anyone
Old 05-20-2005, 10:13 AM

Or just doing it the way I did..

Originally Posted by Joe Fontinyatz
heres an idea, how about breaking a rear quater glass, and reaching in, and simply unlocking it. shortly after, going to a junkyard and getting the same window u broke, for around $30 if not less. open the door panel(dont know if required on 3rd gens), replace it yourself, vacuum the whole car(and inside the door) being careful not to cut yourself, close everything up, and your done. as mentioned above if the locksmith is $50, you saved 20 bucks, and vacuumed ur car
Old 05-20-2005, 11:56 AM
I miss my VE

Or just doing it the way I did..
and have a chance of scratching something? what did you use to pry your door open enough for u to see the cloth? stuffing that hanger past the cloth isnt called fun either