3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

*NOOBIES* The "I am new here,but have a question" thread..(post your questions here)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by sleepyvg30e
well if thats your attitude ur basically saying its never okay to speed anywhere ever and im glad to hear u never go more than 5mph over the speed limit urself..... if thats what ur saying......but ur right speeding is illegal for very good reasons......remember kids street racing kills

......but i was wondering why he said that when in fact if i didn't use the ebrake then i would be dead
i usually peg it at 5-over, yea. sometimes 9-over...... today i was in a hurry so i went a bit faster than that. but i've only hit triple digits like 4 times, and i would NEVER EVER do it in inclement weather!!! that's just asking to get someone killed. you gotta think about people other than yourself. you never know what other people are gonna do. like people sticking out too far past a stop sign on a side street, or a wreck ahead of you, or someone making a left turn into their driveway around a blind corner etc. there's a very good reason i have had zero tickets ever.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:44 PM

whats the cut off date on the 94's?while at work today i picked up a set of rear rotors and pads for my max, Got home pulled the rear end apart started to install rear rotors and they were to big maybe 1" bigger total..So either our computers at work are wrong which is looking the case cause showed the same for 95 but differant for 93 for the rotors but the same pads for 93,94 and 95 WTF just a heads up for everyone whom hasn't run into this yet
Old 05-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by black94se
whats the cut off date on the 94's?while at work today i picked up a set of rear rotors and pads for my max, Got home pulled the rear end apart started to install rear rotors and they were to big maybe 1" bigger total..So either our computers at work are wrong which is looking the case cause showed the same for 95 but differant for 93 for the rotors but the same pads for 93,94 and 95 WTF just a heads up for everyone whom hasn't run into this yet
front rotors are same 89-99 i think, but the rears are not the same 3rd and 4th iirc. see what happens is sometimes 94 in their system is really a 94.5 which is a 4th gen. so if you want stuff for a 94, order for a 93. only difference between 93 and 94 on 3rd gens is the timing belt and cam sprockets on the VG engine (square 89-late93, round late93-94)
Old 05-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by black94se
'95 was the first year of the 4th gen. If nothing else, ask for '92 or '93 model year, they are the same. Although you might just have a f*ck tard working the counter at the parts store...it happens more than you'd think...
Old 05-29-2009, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by CapedCadaver
i usually peg it at 5-over, yea. sometimes 9-over...... today i was in a hurry so i went a bit faster than that. but i've only hit triple digits like 4 times, and i would NEVER EVER do it in inclement weather!!! that's just asking to get someone killed. you gotta think about people other than yourself. you never know what other people are gonna do. like people sticking out too far past a stop sign on a side street, or a wreck ahead of you, or someone making a left turn into their driveway around a blind corner etc. there's a very good reason i have had zero tickets ever.
what uve only hit triple digits 4 times wow NC must suck... people out here do 85mph on the freeway everyday regardless of cops...i say that because cops do 85mph right along side everybody else..... the slow lane doesn't even do the speed limit....but thats out here the roads are pretty straight wide laned and every stretch of road has a breakdown lane..... compared to NYC where highways hit complete right angles out of nowhere and suddeny reduce to 35mph ny'ers are scared as hell when they drive out here cuz there are no roads like that so everyone does 85 and they **** their pants doing the speed limit trying to figure out why they're being passed left and right.......but i seriously could never count how many times ive hit triple digits it literally has to be hundreds and i have no idea how fast ive gone becuase ive driven with the needle resting all the way past 125 but the revs on the tranny were still slowly increasing

everyone speeds out here and i honestly feel it makes u a better driver im not trying to reccomend that speeding is a good thing but ive had more "close calls" on the streets doing the speed limit than on the highway doin 120 and i feel i can drive my car way better and safer because i know how to drive that fast

....but the stop sign thing is something else people who speed through lights and signs **** me off
Old 05-29-2009, 07:21 PM

had them same problem with my timing cover seal(front crank seal) had to order one for a 96?

and shows the same rear pads for 93 and 95
Old 05-29-2009, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by maxitech
'95 was the first year of the 4th gen. If nothing else, ask for '92 or '93 model year, they are the same. Although you might just have a f*ck tard working the counter at the parts store...it happens more than you'd think...
lol i was the one whom looked up the parts I work there and In charge of those F@ck tards behind the counter thats why i triple checked it all just doesn't add up to me
Old 05-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

what uve only hit triple digits 4 times wow NC must suck... people out here do 85mph on the freeway everyday regardless of cops...i say that because cops do 85mph right along side everybody else..... the slow lane doesn't even do the speed limit....but thats out here the roads are pretty straight wide laned and every stretch of road has a breakdown lane..... compared to NYC where highways hit complete right angles out of nowhere and suddeny reduce to 35mph ny'ers are scared as hell when they drive out here cuz there are no roads like that so everyone does 85 and they **** their pants doing the speed limit trying to figure out why they're being passed left and right.......but i seriously could never count how many times ive hit triple digits it literally has to be hundreds and i have no idea how fast ive gone becuase ive driven with the needle resting all the way past 125 but the revs on the tranny were still slowly increasing

everyone speeds out here and i honestly feel it makes u a better driver im not trying to reccomend that speeding is a good thing but ive had more "close calls" on the streets doing the speed limit than on the highway doin 120 and i feel i can drive my car way better and safer because i know how to drive that fast

....but the stop sign thing is something else people who speed through lights and signs **** me off
it's got nothing to do with where i live. there's plenty of roads here that i COULD go that fast on, but I don't. i respect the laws that are set before me. but then again my car is a total piece of **** that feels like it's gonna step out of line and kill me even at the speed limit, but even if it weren't so messed up, i wouldn't go over 80 unless i had a damn good reason... i don't care how many times i could get away with breaking the law. it's that one time that i can't that i want to avoid. I save my exuberant driving for the racetrack.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:29 PM

it's got nothing to do with where i live. there's plenty of roads here that i COULD go that fast on, but I don't. i respect the laws that are set before me. but then again my car is a total piece of **** that feels like it's gonna step out of line and kill me even at the speed limit, but even if it weren't so messed up, i wouldn't go over 80 unless i had a damn good reason... i don't care how many times i could get away with breaking the law. it's that one time that i can't that i want to avoid. I save my exuberant driving for the racetrack.
you would be surprised man thats what i mean by better driver sometimes ill be doin 70 going around a turn and it will feel like my cars goin outta control i just think about driving 100 and the same turn feels effortless .....maybe ur car would feel better if u whipped the livin **** out of it every once in awhile
Old 05-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

you would be surprised man thats what i mean by better driver sometimes ill be doin 70 going around a turn and it will feel like my cars goin outta control i just think about driving 100 and the same turn feels effortless .....maybe ur car would feel better if u whipped the livin **** out of it every once in awhile
I don't believe you.
also, shut the **** up before you get banned for discussing illegal activities on this forum. it is against the rules, and the mods dont like it.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

ntrly. my car is just plain unstable... the front camber's all wrong, rear struts are shot, and the car tries to steer itself over ANY imperfection in the road. matter of fact sometimes the car will overreact to the raised paint of dashed white lines. the road leading to where i live is RIDDLED with potholes, and my car feels like it's bouncing and juking over every one of them... i'm just along for the ride.

plus with the problems i'm having with my engine and stuff i'm trying to keep the revs below 3k, which is like 75mph for me. so, 100 would be 4k, which i won't do. the reason the turn feels effortless is just because you're on adrenaline, not because the speed helps the car. this is just a nose heavy FWD family car. there is no downforce or anything to stabilize the car at high speeds...... only cars i know of that handle better the faster you go are F1 cars, because the wings create more downforce the faster you go.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Greeny
I used a dremel w/ a cutoff wheel for my y-pipe-to-cat nuts, just sliced the nut on both sides, then used a screwdriver/hammer to knock them off..
i got the first off with the impact wrench and i stared to dremel the second one and im making one hell of a mess trying to cut the nut off, i was about halfway there then a cop urged me to wrap it up for the night since i got a noise complant...it doesnt matter if i hack the hell out of the bolt and nut with the dremel right?
Old 05-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Honda accord intake for maxima

Hi there everyone! So I remember a while back with talk of a cold air intake for the accord that works for the VG30E. I think this one is it but, I need further confirmation from the org. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...Q5fAccessories
Old 05-30-2009, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaBuilt4Life7
Hi there everyone! So I remember a while back with talk of a cold air intake for the accord that works for the VG30E. I think this one is it but, I need further confirmation from the org. Thanks.
For one ur NOT suppose to post ebay links and I have heard about that also but it was a lot of talk about the piping why use a smaller pipe? Why not just go ahead and buy the one thats for your car?
Old 05-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

ok i cut the higher cat bolt flush with the flange and im using a metal drill bit to drill out the old bold and about an hour later im no deeper than 1mm and imput?
Old 05-30-2009, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by BenStoked
I don't believe you.
also, shut the **** up before you get banned for discussing illegal activities on this forum. it is against the rules, and the mods dont like it.
um...thanks?

ntrly. my car is just plain unstable... the front camber's all wrong, rear struts are shot, and the car tries to steer itself over ANY imperfection in the road. matter of fact sometimes the car will overreact to the raised paint of dashed white lines. the road leading to where i live is RIDDLED with potholes, and my car feels like it's bouncing and juking over every one of them... i'm just along for the ride.

plus with the problems i'm having with my engine and stuff i'm trying to keep the revs below 3k, which is like 75mph for me. so, 100 would be 4k, which i won't do. the reason the turn feels effortless is just because you're on adrenaline, not because the speed helps the car. this is just a nose heavy FWD family car. there is no downforce or anything to stabilize the car at high speeds...... only cars i know of that handle better the faster you go are F1 cars, because the wings create more downforce the faster you go.
im not saying the car performs better at top speeds cuz of downforce or anything like that what im saying is that when u drive any car at that speed u personally will be a better driver at normal speeds in that same car regardless of what that car is.........the car doesn't drive better u are just able to predict how the car reacts better u know when to accelrate and deccelrate when going in or coming out of a turn.......... u said u go to the track so take it to an open road course and see how fast you can go around the corners what im sayin is that after that just driving around normal streets will seem waaay easier.....sometimes learning to drive better is the best mod u can get for a car

and dont hate the fwd so much they invented it for uneven dirty wet hilly roads not race courses...on normal streets fwd outperforms rwd even allows more horsepower to the wheels and one thing that will never happen is the fwd will fishtail out of control.... id never do what i did with a rwd or awd car just because i can always feel those back tires start to slide out underneath me but in the maxima u can just feel it grip into the road almost like the front tires have claws in em
Old 05-30-2009, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by trigger22x
ok i cut the higher cat bolt flush with the flange and im using a metal drill bit to drill out the old bold and about an hour later im no deeper than 1mm and imput?
take the drill out of reverse, or hit the gym.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaBuilt4Life7

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...Q5fAccessories

yes, this cold air intake will work. BUT you will wave to cut it and re-route the piping, it is very easy to do.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:08 PM

um...thanks?

im not saying the car performs better at top speeds cuz of downforce or anything like that what im saying is that when u drive any car at that speed u personally will be a better driver at normal speeds in that same car regardless of what that car is.........the car doesn't drive better u are just able to predict how the car reacts better u know when to accelrate and deccelrate when going in or coming out of a turn.......... u said u go to the track so take it to an open road course and see how fast you can go around the corners what im sayin is that after that just driving around normal streets will seem waaay easier.....sometimes learning to drive better is the best mod u can get for a car

and dont hate the fwd so much they invented it for uneven dirty wet hilly roads not race courses...on normal streets fwd outperforms rwd even allows more horsepower to the wheels and one thing that will never happen is the fwd will fishtail out of control.... id never do what i did with a rwd or awd car just because i can always feel those back tires start to slide out underneath me but in the maxima u can just feel it grip into the road almost like the front tires have claws in em

someone ban this ******.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

on normal streets fwd outperforms rwd even allows more horsepower to the wheels
sure it does i guess i should tell my friend with a z31 to convert it to FWD so it'll help his performance. (despite the fact that, for some bizarre reason, even in normal driving, his car holds the road a THOUSAND times better than mine. hmm who knew?)

go buy a honda.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

sure it does i guess i should tell my friend with a z31 to convert it to FWD so it'll help his performance. (despite the fact that, for some bizarre reason, even in normal driving, his car holds the road a THOUSAND times better than mine. hmm who knew?)

go buy a honda.
would that be an epic win I just saw?

sleepy, you just got pwnt.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:14 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Play nice in the sandbox girls...Before bans are handed out...

Sleepy, shut the **** up about triple digit speeds in this forum, last warning..
Old 05-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i have a 92 maxima that i am turboing i have one problem cant find a place for my oil feed let me explain i took off the oil pressure switch but the 1/8" npt fitting does not fit and i can not find a filter sandwich plate for my car can anyone help me ?
Old 05-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by droppedmax91
i have a 92 maxima that i am turboing i have one problem cant find a place for my oil feed let me explain i took off the oil pressure switch but the 1/8" npt fitting does not fit and i can not find a filter sandwich plate for my car can anyone help me ?
vg or ve? on the VG there's a turbo oil feed underneath the alternator bracket (same one used on z31 turbos, but the maxima blocks have them too, just plugged)
Old 05-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

its a ve motor
Old 05-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

does anyone know of any place i can get solid motor mounts for a 1992 ve 30de
Old 05-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by droppedmax91
does anyone know of any place i can get solid motor mounts for a 1992 ve 30de
you can get some urethae from McMaster's website and burn out the rubber then refill with poly. that's the closest you'll get without being really ghetto (like me haha)
Old 05-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Garf
yes, this cold air intake will work. BUT you will wave to cut it and re-route the piping, it is very easy to do.
Ok it will work! Thanks. Just a matter of cutting it straight I guess.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Infam0usMax
For one ur NOT suppose to post ebay links and I have heard about that also but it was a lot of talk about the piping why use a smaller pipe? Why not just go ahead and buy the one thats for your car?
What is the size of the piping for the accord? Our's is 2.5 in, right?
Old 06-01-2009, 05:51 AM

I need a fender for my 91. Do they change at all or will any fender from a 89-94 fit?
Old 06-01-2009, 06:03 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by ObeyPixel
I need a fender for my 91. Do they change at all or will any fender from a 89-94 fit?
All 89-94 maxima fenders are the same..
Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

where can i find lowering kits for the 3rd gen maxima? and if anyone has information on airbag set up that would be appreciated.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:48 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by marcus_maximus
where can i find lowering kits for the 3rd gen maxima? and if anyone has information on airbag set up that would be appreciated.
http://www.shox.com/appguide/shoxshop/

http://forums.maxima.org/1st-3rd-gen...-complete.html
Old 06-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

OK here is my noob question...
Do they sell black housing corner lights for the maxima? If so where can I get them. If they dont is it possible to take the stock ones apartto spray the back of them.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 AM

My 92 SE had a timing chain guide bolt come loose and it looks like the gear on the center chain is broken free. I have obviously got bent valves in the front head for sure. I am assuming there is no sense in trying to salvage the motor, but wanted a second opinion. If I don't fix it I will probably just part it out.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:23 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by eman93
My 92 SE had a timing chain guide bolt come loose and it looks like the gear on the center chain is broken free. I have obviously got bent valves in the front head for sure. I am assuming there is no sense in trying to salvage the motor, but wanted a second opinion. If I don't fix it I will probably just part it out.
Yep, you now have a 500lb paper weight under the hood..
Old 06-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

does the maf on a vg have 5 output prongs? bc i bought my car and the maf has 4 output prongs.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by importboy34
does the maf on a vg have 5 output prongs? bc i bought my car and the maf has 4 output prongs.
doesn't matter, either one will work..
Old 06-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

well i thought that might be the cause of my misses that ive been having. and is tranny lines rusting through common for the automatics?
Old 06-01-2009, 01:10 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by importboy34
well i thought that might be the cause of my misses that ive been having. and is tranny lines rusting through common for the automatics?
a bad maf will not cause a miss, lack of a good tune up, bad injector, etc. will cause a miss..

If your car is currently or was in a cold climate(north) where salt is used, then yes, your car will rust everywhere..

Quick Reply: *NOOBIES* The "I am new here,but have a question" thread..(post your questions here)