3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I washed my car today..

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 12:23 AM

I washed my car today..

Then I took it for a drive. While driving by a park, I noticed that there were a bunch of white things flying from the bushes towards the cars. Before I realized that they were eggs (about 2 seconds), I got nailed on the passenger side A-pillar. Unfortunately for the culprits, I was in the right hand lane and about 50 feet from a side road intersection. I took the immediate right, pulled the brake, jumped out of my car, kicked off my flip flops and chased them down barefoot through the park. I was running so fast that when I hit a grass slope, I fell forward and ended up performing some sort of sliding somersault, ended up back on my feet, barely losing any momentum. Long story short, there was a whole group of teens, all of whom seemed scared to death of my 5'5" ***. Two guys had eggs in their hands, I grabbed both of them by the shirt and ushered them to a gas station while they tried to talk their way out of it, giving me "props" for catching them, offering money for a car wash ect. I ended up calling the cops, and waited for them to show up.

By this time I felt kind of bad for making a big deal about it, they were saying things like "this is the worst day of my life" and asked me what I thought the cops would do. So I talked to them a little bit, told them I would explain to the cops that they might NOT have been the ones who hit MY car, to try and settle them down a little bit. The cops showed up and I did just that, but I did mention that I caught them with eggs in their hands. The officer sat them down, scolded them, and told them a story about someone being severely beaten for egging a car a couple years ago He told me they were just going to call their parents and have them come pick them up (something the kids were worried about).

Anyway, I do feel bad, they seemed like decent kids. Plus, I'm not exactly innocent either, at 16 I was arrested for throwing snowballs at cars from the top of a church roof. But snowballs from 100 yards away and eggs from about 10 feet away are a little different.. While waiting for the cops, I thought about telling them they can bail, but I was also worried about the paint and didn't want to get stuck with damage and nobody that could be held liable.

Anyway, here's some pics of the carnage. I suffered more damage than the car There's a tiny chip on the pillar paint where the egg hit.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:32 AM

HAHHAHAHAHA! I can't believe you ran in your bare feet! Ballsy.

By the way Hectic, I need your assistance pronto. Going outside right now to work on it.

I'm on page BF-29 of the FSM. I need to remove the ANALOG instrument cluster from a 94 GXE. You said in your description to remove it all the way down to the SMJ connector.

Are you talking about the SMJ connector on the main computer?

I'm confused by this diagram on page BF-29, as I suspect there are 2 SMJ connectors. I want to remove it right down to the source, so I don't have to do that insane splicing you did. Also, is there any steps I can avoid in this insane blown up diagram. There's a trillion parts, and no order. I only want to get the instrument panel (with the main connector so I can plug it directly into the computer on a 92 Brougham Digital model), so what's the quickest and direct method.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:33 AM

Is that a Numark or Vestax in the background? 1200's rule the day. Long live the 1200.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:47 AM

The dash harness bolts into the SMJ which is behind the fusebox. It's the gray square connector. Once that is pulled, the harness can be removed. Grab that harness, the analog cluster and the sending unit and you've got yourself a complete kit.

Nice eyes, it's a Numark CDX. I also have two 1200's and a Vestax PMC05 Pro III. Trying to sell my Vestax right now because I actually prefer my 4ch Gemini (w/upgraded CF) believe it or not. I have one of my 1200's for sale as well since I mostly scratch for a few minutes and turn it all back off, I don't need 3 turntables for that

Last edited by Hectic; 09-06-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 AM

lol at you going through all of that but backing them up...screw that, i woulda let them have it..they are 'decent kids' but they are out egging cars...pfft
Old 09-06-2011, 04:41 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Lol! Man, that reminds me of the company picnic a few years ago when we had a softball game. I had a pretty good hit and leisurely wound up on 2nd base. Somebody after me had hit and I took off for home in a flat out run. I hadn't flat out run in probably a few years prior to this. Well, right between 3rd and home my momentum and slower-moving-than-I-expected-legs caused to me manage to perform perform a sort of running/falling foward rolling summersault type of deal. If it wasn't completely accidental and I had been in some sort of war-game it might have looked cool because it was like run->roll->standup all in one astonishingly fluid motion. But I'm pretty sure I just looked like an idiot in front of the whole company.

And I used to egg cars too but I most enjoyed egging unsuspecting friends. Glad you weren't around to chase me down and scare the crap out of me

Last edited by James92SE; 09-06-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:31 PM
No turbo, no care!

WOW! Good for chasing them down and being cool about it, most people would have beat those kids. There was just a kid last week in San Diego who was throwing rocks at cars and one happened to have a passenger with a crossbow who rolled down his window and shot him in the stomach!
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...sbow-shooting/

While I never threw eggs or rocks at cars I certainly did some annoying crap when I was around 16 like most kids that age with too much time on their hands. On my last maxima I set up two sprayer systems to spray other motorists. For the rear I got a windshield sprayer and reservoir from a junkyard and installed it in the trunk with a switch up front. I took the rear brake light out of the spoiler and use the hole there for the wires to run hose from the tank. For the front/sides I just took the stock windshield sprayer lines and disconnected them from the hood sprayers and extended and ran them to either side view mirror. When someone would tailgate me, I would spray them with the rear one, and when they got mad and pulled up next to me and rolled down their window to yell, I sprayed them with the side sprayers, usually right in the face!! God I was a jerk. My friends and I would sometimes go for a drive looking for someone to annoy, like people with their windows down or convertibles and just laugh our a$$es off.

Last edited by Maxpwer; 09-06-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:42 PM

Also, Hectic - WTF, man? All this time and you couldn't at least reveal your true identity? It's patently obvious now that you ARE, indeed, JJ "the freakin' 'Rican" Barea of the World Champion Dallas Mavericks! The stop on a dime speed, the quickness to furiously chase down a group of menacing teenagers, the never-say-never attitude, the surprising athleticism, the fearlessness, and most obviously, the UNCANNY RESEMBLANCE! I thought we were all cool here. You could have at least told us, man.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:39 PM

best story ive read in a while
Old 09-07-2011, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by James92SE
I hadn't flat out run in probably a few years prior to this. Well, right between 3rd and home my momentum and slower-moving-than-I-expected-legs caused to me manage to perform perform a sort of running/falling foward rolling summersault type of deal.
Haha yup, that's pretty much what It was. I'm sure anyone who saw it was laughing their *** off.

Originally Posted by Maxpwer
WOW! Good for chasing them down and being cool about it, most people would have beat those kids. There was just a kid last week in San Diego who was throwing rocks at cars and one happened to have a passenger with a crossbow who rolled down his window and shot him in the stomach!
I actually read about that on the the local ABC affiliate's website. Could have been worse for them I guess considering all I did was call the cops instead of pulling some Call of Duty ****

Also, Hectic - WTF, man? All this time and you couldn't at least reveal your true identity? It's patently obvious now that you ARE, indeed, JJ "the freakin' 'Rican" Barea of the World Champion Dallas Mavericks! The stop on a dime speed, the quickness to furiously chase down a group of menacing teenagers, the never-say-never attitude, the surprising athleticism, the fearlessness, and most obviously, the UNCANNY RESEMBLANCE! I thought we were all cool here. You could have at least told us, man.
I've got a friend who makes the same comparison, he did it several times throughout the first round last year.. He also works as valet driver at a restaurant that some players go to when they're in town. Supposedly Dirk, Kidd, JJ and Marion came in, and according to the story, they paid a busser $20 to bring a high chair for JJ as a prank
Old 09-07-2011, 10:37 AM

nice story, glad it worked out.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 PM

While I never threw eggs or rocks at cars I certainly did some annoying crap when I was around 16 like most kids that age with too much time on their hands. On my last maxima I set up two sprayer systems to spray other motorists. For the rear I got a windshield sprayer and reservoir from a junkyard and installed it in the trunk with a switch up front. I took the rear brake light out of the spoiler and use the hole there for the wires to run hose from the tank. For the front/sides I just took the stock windshield sprayer lines and disconnected them from the hood sprayers and extended and ran them to either side view mirror. When someone would tailgate me, I would spray them with the rear one, and when they got mad and pulled up next to me and rolled down their window to yell, I sprayed them with the side sprayers, usually right in the face!! God I was a jerk. My friends and I would sometimes go for a drive looking for someone to annoy, like people with their windows down or convertibles and just laugh our a$$es off.
lmaoooooooooooooo oh man....why did no one respond to this...this is epic..props to you infinitly.

I hate to type "lmao" so much but lmaooooo wow james I cant believe I didnt think of that...its freaken ridiculous how much you look like him, from the back at least hectic lol nice story btw props to chasing those kids down. I cant tell what's funnier jj/hectic comparison, james' epic tumble, or maxpower's james bond wiperfluid attacks.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by BklynsmoeVE
I hate to type "lmao" so much but lmaooooo wow james I cant believe I didnt think of that...its freaken ridiculous how much you look like him, from the back at least hectic lol nice story btw props to chasing those kids down. I cant tell what's funnier jj/hectic comparison, james' epic tumble, or maxpower's james bond wiperfluid attacks.
Lol, yeah, it's soooo true too. Not to sound weird, but from the back Hectic seriously does look EXACTLY like JJ Barea and not just with the hair/beard. They've got the same posture, shoulders, etc. I instantly thought of Barea when I saw the pics. And I then scoured the interwebz for like a solid 30 minutes trying to find a picture of Barea from the same angle but couldn't - but hopefully some of you guys are NBA fans and know what I'm talking about

And yeah, Maxpwer's story was hilarious, too. I read that at work on my phone and meant to respond but got busy. I actually did the same thing too as a teen though admittedly didn't take it as far as him with the custom rear setup. But we did used to mount one of our front washer nozzles cocked so that we could spray people in cars beside us. We did it pretty consistently for months on end and only once managed to spray a lady in the face though
Old 09-07-2011, 06:43 PM

But we did used to mount one of our front washer nozzles cocked so that we could spray people in cars beside us. We did it pretty consistently for months on end and only once managed to spray a lady in the face though
frick in highschool my buddy had a Golf and we would always drive around and he did some stuff thats so bad in that poor car i dont think i can mention it here one day i was following him in the 3rd gen and he stopped in a turning lane and shot with his hatches washer nozzle on me for a while and we had a TON of traffic behind us

the only day he blew it is in winter he was ripping the ebrake around and he hit ice and SMOKED a curb sideways in the rear, he fixed it himself though. i havent seen him for years because his parents kicked him out
Old 09-07-2011, 08:33 PM

I used too shoot bottle rockets from a secret location @ cars on the highway....Wow people were scared and I was LMAO (as a youngman) but it could've caused someone to wreck and cost some innocent person their life.....It was funny @ the time but just stupid and irresponsible.....! I would've let the cop take them home but not press charges just to scare the **** out of them....
Old 09-07-2011, 09:22 PM

I actually was going to respond to this but forgot. The side shot is the kicker, i'm surprised you made it through your teen years pulling stunts like that

IB Jeff (IIRC) changes my SN to JJ Barea as he did to one Cliff Clavin..
Old 09-08-2011, 01:05 AM

Lol, yeah, it's soooo true too. Not to sound weird, but from the back Hectic seriously does look EXACTLY like JJ Barea and not just with the hair/beard. They've got the same posture, shoulders, etc. I instantly thought of Barea when I saw the pics. And I then scoured the interwebz for like a solid 30 minutes trying to find a picture of Barea from the same angle but couldn't - but hopefully some of you guys are NBA fans and know what I'm talking about

And yeah, Maxpwer's story was hilarious, too. I read that at work on my phone and meant to respond but got busy. I actually did the same thing too as a teen though admittedly didn't take it as far as him with the custom rear setup. But we did used to mount one of our front washer nozzles cocked so that we could spray people in cars beside us. We did it pretty consistently for months on end and only once managed to spray a lady in the face though
lol I know what you mean you probably think it "appears" wierd cause we're big fans of the sport and although he may not be a superstar he plays alongside them. So for someone we communicate with every so often via Max.org randomly puts a rear profile pic of himself that shows your practically a mirrior image you get a lil dumbfounded lol. It makes me think why nobody trades there fb's here even tho I bet almost every one has one. Who knows what other celebrities will be revealed.

Originally Posted by CMax03
I used too shoot bottle rockets from a secret location @ cars on the highway....Wow people were scared and I was LMAO (as a youngman) but it could've caused someone to wreck and cost some innocent person their life.....It was funny @ the time but just stupid and irresponsible.....! I would've let the cop take them home but not press charges just to scare the **** out of them....
lol oh man bottle rockets? Thats mean what happen to the days people threw rocks and sprayed ketchup..mustard from above overpasses.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:39 PM

LMAO!!! Carlton ur crazy. lol Leave it to u to do something I would do. I've thrown eggs also, but not after letting them rot. Matter of fact I got some in the frige now rotting. Hectic I appreciate ur choice in turn tables. I also have a set of Numarks.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 AM

Glad you caught them! My car got egged a month or so too, but it was parked so I had no clue who did it.. oh how i hate that egg smell.. and it chipped my fender really badly.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Way out West

Good story and some nice battle scars. It's about time some punk *** kids get a bit of a scare. Too many of them think they are above the law or something.

I had some punk kids living in my neighborhood down near Felony Flats when I rented a house near Holgate and 82nd. They broke into my garage trying to steal a Redline BMX bike I had at a yard sale. My dad bought it at a police auction cheap and gave it to me for extra money. Anyway, these morons came to the sale and tried to trade me some junk for it and I refused. It didn't sell, so I put it in the basement, not the garage. When they pried open the garage, it woke my wife up and I went out there with my AR-15 and pointed it at them. I have never seen 14 or 15 year olds run so fast...
Old 09-10-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin
Good story and some nice battle scars. It's about time some punk *** kids get a bit of a scare. Too many of them think they are above the law or something.

I had some punk kids living in my neighborhood down near Felony Flats when I rented a house near Holgate and 82nd. They broke into my garage trying to steal a Redline BMX bike I had at a yard sale. My dad bought it at a police auction cheap and gave it to me for extra money. Anyway, these morons came to the sale and tried to trade me some junk for it and I refused. It didn't sell, so I put it in the basement, not the garage. When they pried open the garage, it woke my wife up and I went out there with my AR-15 and pointed it at them. I have never seen 14 or 15 year olds run so fast...
LOL, serves em right. Probably taught them a good lesson as well. I don't know where people get off stealing other people's property. That's just scum level and grounds for bad karma.

Speaking of battle scars, I just noticed this after closer inspection.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Way out West

Dang, that last pic is bad. Eggs suck. Can that be buffed out? I have never had egg damage before.

I have egged a couple of houses when I was a kid, but never a car. I also remember trying to egg a house from about 50 yards away and having the egg explode in my hand from trying to throw it too hard. Bad karma, right thur.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:02 PM

man ive heard eggs screw up your paint really bad
Old 09-10-2011, 11:39 PM

from cars to sports beautiful
Old 09-11-2011, 04:52 AM
No turbo, no care!

Originally Posted by Hectic
LOL, serves em right. Probably taught them a good lesson as well. I don't know where people get off stealing other people's property. That's just scum level and grounds for bad karma.

Speaking of battle scars, I just noticed this after closer inspection.

[IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/pearlmax/fac2a0e7.jpg[IMG]
Is the metal bent right there???
Old 09-11-2011, 07:31 AM

Is the metal bent right there???
Looks like just the weatherstripping is a little off giving the illusion the metal is bent
Old 09-11-2011, 10:07 AM

Looks like just the weatherstripping is a little off giving the illusion the metal is bent
QFT

I'm thinking about contacting the cops and getting the info now that I see that they did cause some damage. I'm pretty sure that paint will eventually chip away. Maybe I'll get $100 for the deductible or something. Went back to the gas station yesterday and talked with the workers who were there. They said after I left the parents showed up, kids were getting yelled at, crying ect. Just a dumb situation all around.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:37 AM

Last month i woke up to find somebody had smeared Ice Cream Sandwich over my Maxima and my Taurus. I was unbelievably pissed but never found the culprit.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:49 AM

First comes eggs, then possible rocks. The need to know actions have consequences. Next time, they should throw sponges.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 PM

That sucks. People constantly use the back of my pickup as a garbage.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:54 PM

^lmao^....but great story man, you had me rolling at the kick off flip flops part. I swear things happen to the right people, cause if that was me....I'dda just.......
Old 09-19-2011, 10:19 PM
I miss my VE

this thread is great.. brings back memories of the old org days

glad you got those little d-bags hectic. i got hit with a diesal strawberry last month in the back of the shoulder while walking to get pizza with BklynsmoeVE, but we couldn't find the strawberry sniper
Old 10-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

This is the funniest story i have everrrrrrrr heard..... good job on catchin them. i would have done the same. What u need 2 do is have those kids come wash ur car every saturday for 2 months.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:38 AM

wow. lol. good one.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:52 PM

Good story. Little bastards deserved what they got. My new '99 GMC Sierra got egged and it ran down the cowl and sat in the hot summer sun all day. I was livid.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

nice