3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Traxtar's VG Maxima spun a bearing... save it from the parts yard.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Would be lost w/out the org

Traxtar's VG Maxima spun a bearing... save it from the parts yard.

Most of you probably don't know or remember me. My active days with the maxima was about 7 years ago. I had moved on to restoring front engined Porsches and the maxima sat in the driveway occasionally started and driven every month or so for the past 6 years.

Last year, I sold it to a family member who was looking to gift it to their son as a replacement for a failing Jeep Wrangler. The family member got the car inspected and replaced a large number of safety parts, core support, new headlights, brake lines, exhaust, fuel lines, and other odds and ends. About $1500 in parts and labor invested.

Yesterday, he called and said that the car spun a bearing while his son was driving to school, and they are not willing to invest more in the car. He's already bought his son a replacement car (nice new red mustang, manual trans), and the car is headed to the highest offer or junk yard, whichever comes first within a reasonable amount of time.

I don't have pictures of the car as of late, but I DO have pictures of the car as it was when I had it. It is essentially the same, or better than the pictures show, since a lot of worn parts have been replaced. The performance parts are still on the car, including all the unique body work. The interior is still like new and in immaculate condition... easily 9/10 condition.

If you're interested in saving this rare Maxima from the junkyard and putting in a motor for a perfectly good car, please save it. He has interests from a friend who wants to part it out, which would be unfortunate. I'd like to see it go to someone involved in the community and understands the value of the car and the time invested to get it to where it's at today.

Please PM me with an offer. I have no asking price, but be reasonable. I have a feeling that anything close to $2K can take it away... I will send him your contact information and he'll contact you directly. The car is located in the Chicago suburbs.

Mods, if this post is not allowed, please contact me before deleting so I can copy what I've written here.

More details on the car here: http://oppositelock.kinja.com/my-pas...ima-1754329500

Old 03-08-2017, 02:47 PM

If I were closer, I would have definitely make an offer but it wouldn't be anywhere close to 2k. By your own admission it maybe heading to the junkyard so I would think you/he will have to do much better on the asking price.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:02 AM

nice car, but it's not worth anything more than 1k for it since a spun bearing on engine that's where it get real expensive to replace. I would love to get my hand on it, but not what I would pay for
Old 03-10-2017, 10:41 AM

oh man I wish I could find transport and had extra money for it..... where is she located at now?

Last edited by vernk; 03-10-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:38 PM

The car is worth much more than $1k... The wheels and tires alone are $1500. A used motor is $5-600 plus labor.

Regardless, the car is in Chicago suburbs and was sold to an org member so it'll live on. I'm sure he'll post here​ if he wants to share.

Thanks all!
Old 03-13-2017, 09:40 PM
No turbo, no care!

Originally Posted by traxtar944
The car is worth much more than $1k... The wheels and tires alone are $1500. A used motor is $5-600 plus labor.

Regardless, the car is in Chicago suburbs and was sold to an org member so it'll live on. I'm sure he'll post here​ if he wants to share.

Thanks all!
Maybe....
Old 03-14-2017, 07:52 PM

i still have a special spot in my heart for the 3rd gen, loved the car and don't think asking price was unfair

hopefully the new owner brings it back to life and posts pics!
Old 03-14-2017, 11:52 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Car got a great home.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by traxtar944
Most of you probably don't know or remember me. My active days with the maxima was about 7 years ago. I had moved on to restoring front engined Porsches and the maxima sat in the driveway occasionally started and driven every month or so for the past 6 years.

Last year, I sold it to a family member who was looking to gift it to their son as a replacement for a failing Jeep Wrangler. The family member got the car inspected and replaced a large number of safety parts, core support, new headlights, brake lines, exhaust, fuel lines, and other odds and ends. About $1500 in parts and labor invested.

Yesterday, he called and said that the car spun a bearing while his son was driving to school, and they are not willing to invest more in the car. He's already bought his son a replacement car (nice new red mustang, manual trans), and the car is headed to the highest offer or junk yard, whichever comes first within a reasonable amount of time.

I don't have pictures of the car as of late, but I DO have pictures of the car as it was when I had it. It is essentially the same, or better than the pictures show, since a lot of worn parts have been replaced. The performance parts are still on the car, including all the unique body work. The interior is still like new and in immaculate condition... easily 9/10 condition.

If you're interested in saving this rare Maxima from the junkyard and putting in a motor for a perfectly good car, please save it. He has interests from a friend who wants to part it out, which would be unfortunate. I'd like to see it go to someone involved in the community and understands the value of the car and the time invested to get it to where it's at today.

Please PM me with an offer. I have no asking price, but be reasonable. I have a feeling that anything close to $2K can take it away... I will send him your contact information and he'll contact you directly. The car is located in the Chicago suburbs.

Mods, if this post is not allowed, please contact me before deleting so I can copy what I've written here.

More details on the car here: http://oppositelock.kinja.com/my-pas...ima-1754329500

i like the build i actually found your build a few months ago and was planning on doing the rear reflector delete 5 speed swap and body kit honestly i think you should buy it back and drop in a motor i find vg30es all the time for cheap if i lived closer i would buy it in a heartbeat and throw my engine in it
Old 08-21-2017, 08:51 PM
No turbo, no care!

He has not only moved to Texas, he has a Porsche he loves and has put a lot of work in. It's crazy fast and being RWD it's hard to beat from a dig vs FWD even with a turbo.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:58 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Originally Posted by Maxpwer
He has not only moved to Texas, he has a Porsche he loves and has put a lot of work in. It's crazy fast and being RWD it's hard to beat from a dig vs FWD even with a turbo.
And who owns the Maxima in question now?

Old 12-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Originally Posted by James92SE
And who owns the Maxima in question now?

It looks like Chris bought the Maxima, is that right Maxpwer?
Old 02-10-2018, 10:46 PM
No turbo, no care!

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
It looks like Chris bought the Maxima, is that right Maxpwer?
Didn’t know you were still around, but yes I did.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:41 PM

Hey guys I own the maxima now, but no title does anyone know that last onwers that had the car titled on there name please let me know by email berkek23@gmail.com or phone 631 512 8278
Old 06-15-2021, 05:30 PM

I would have paid the 2k... #Dope
Old 08-04-2021, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Reality sucks
I would have paid the 2k... #Dope
The carbon fiber hood is still for sale!

If my memory is correct, my cousin bought it from me, drove it until corrosion issues prevented it from being road worthy (brake lines, I think), then Chris got it from him.

No idea what the status is now.

Care to share pictures of what it looks like now? I'm curious!