3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

roadkill or maybe not?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2000, 10:32 PM

driving home at night, around 10:30, i had my friends in the car (3 of them) and we just came back from the movies. down 10th street and penn (for all you pple from oklahoma who are curious) a white 98-99 acura integra pulls up the my left (i think it was a stock but it did have a body kit and wing, also it was a manuel, i am not sure they make auto integs) and my friend said, "you think you can take him?" so i thought what the hell so i reved up and he did the same. the light was just got off red so we didn't have to make a complete stop and he was a half car length ahead of me already before i reved and started the street race. so we was already going 20 mphs before the race and then both hit the gas at the same time. like i said he was already half car length ahead of me but i easily gained ground on him and started passing him. by then my bumper was easily 2 feet ahead of his but after my automatic 93 gxe max switched to the next gear i started to fell behind and he started beating me (by this time we was at around 75-80) and i feel back to his door (my bumper was at his door) and it seemed like i couldn't get any faster (faster as in match or beat his speed). well i did lose because when we hit the next light he was almost a car length ahead of me. i knew my accel was way faster then him but my mid or top end speed couldn't match his so on the next light i raced him again to make sure what i thought was true. the same thing happended again but this time we was at a complete stop. the light hit green, once again i easily gained almost a car length ahead of him but after a few seconds of me being ahead i started losing to his mid or top end speed. it seems like after i hit 55-60 the car doesn't redline as fast and change gears as fast as his, most likely because his was a lighter (and also he didn't have any passengers) car and also he was a manuel. after the race we made a complete stop at the next light we both rolled down the windows, we just both laughed and smiled, then he said "good race" and i said "thanks man" and he turned at the intersection. he was a cool guy but i still pissed i lost to his mid or top end speed. so in conclusin if you have a gxe auto you have great accel but if you have se manuel you have great mid or top end speed. i roadkilled him in drag light but he roadkilled me in the long run. does anyone have any ideas or comments on how i can improve my mid or top end speed on a auto? because manuels are amazingly fast when they get going and autos dont stand a chance.
Old 11-21-2000, 11:04 PM

hey i killed a late 90's lumina tonight, man those must be slow