4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

OMG!!!!!!!! UDP installed...the MAX is great!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 06:41 PM

OMG!!!!!!!! UDP installed...the MAX is great!

As some of you know I got a OBX catback and a ADDCO rear sway bar on about 2 weeks ago. Well Thursday, Jay25 helped me to install a Definitive Motorsports underdrive pulley. 1st gear is AMAZING!!!!! I used to hit consistent 2.2s on my 60 foots at the track so I hope that I will see some 2.1xx sometime soon in the future because of the pulley. I plan on going to ATCO raceway later this week.

With the full exhaust, rear sway bar, and UDP going on within such a short amount of time my MAX feels like a whole new car. IT feels TONS faster and body rool is almost all but gone.

Just wanted to share. I DEFINITELY recommend these mods to anyone who has been considering them....cause they are AWESOME!!!!!

HAPPY MODDIN.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:43 PM
henock

how do you describe the sound of your exhaust? loud? throaty?

Old 05-11-2003, 09:59 PM

I would have to say it sounds like a deep intake sound. ITS AWESOME. I havent talked to one person who hasnt liked it since Ive gotten it. To sum it up my Dad drove it for the first time today. He asked me why it only makes sound when you are accelerating? I said EXACTLY. Thats what I wanted. It gets loud WOT but its quiet under steady cruisin RPM. He is a Dad and doesnt normally like car sounds, but he said he thinks my car sounds great.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:36 PM

so the addco rear sway bar made a big difference?
i was thinking about getting it, right now i have my car lowered with eibachs and kyb agx which made a big improvement on handling, but could be better when whipping threw turns at 90+ mph on highway
Old 05-12-2003, 05:45 AM

Re: OMG!!!!!!!! UDP installed...the MAX is great!

Originally posted by luckee2bhere
As some of you know I got a OBX catback and a ADDCO rear sway bar on about 2 weeks ago. Well Thursday, Jay25 helped me to install a Definitive Motorsports underdrive pulley. 1st gear is AMAZING!!!!! I used to hit consistent 2.2s on my 60 foots at the track so I hope that I will see some 2.1xx sometime soon in the future because of the pulley. I plan on going to ATCO raceway later this week.

With the full exhaust, rear sway bar, and UDP going on within such a short amount of time my MAX feels like a whole new car. IT feels TONS faster and body rool is almost all but gone.

Just wanted to share. I DEFINITELY recommend these mods to anyone who has been considering them....cause they are AWESOME!!!!!

HAPPY MODDIN.
atco's a pretty grippy track. you'll probably see an improvement just at that. we'll have to meet up and test and tune on a thursday sooner or later.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:41 AM

Originally posted by 95seMax
so the addco rear sway bar made a big difference?
i was thinking about getting it, right now i have my car lowered with eibachs and kyb agx which made a big improvement on handling, but could be better when whipping threw turns at 90+ mph on highway
I'm not lowered yet so I cant tell you what it will do for you. You need to ask someone who is lowered with a RSB. I would say go for it. Its only like $120. But over the stock suspension, adding the RSB is AMAZING.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:51 AM

Re: Re: OMG!!!!!!!! UDP installed...the MAX is great!

Originally posted by VQdriver
atco's a pretty grippy track. you'll probably see an improvement just at that. we'll have to meet up and test and tune on a thursday sooner or later.
Rudy why do you even want to try. You know your going to be checking out my tail lights for the length of the 1/4 mi.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:36 PM

HAPPY MODDIN.
how much did you pay and where did you get it from? No problem leaking??

thanks,
Tae
Old 05-12-2003, 03:15 PM

How long does a UDP take to install, is it a long process or fairly straight forward?
Old 05-12-2003, 09:01 PM

i got it from nick@definitivemotorsports.com its the lightest pulley on the market and its cheaper than Unorthodox too. The only thing is that they arent making them in bulk yet. They have only made about 20 or so I think. If you order through him mention that luckee2bhere referred you.

UDP install took about 1.5hrs i think. i wouldnt recommend it unless you know what you are doing. jay25 did it for me.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:48 PM

HAPPY MODDIN.
I knew you would like the OBX!

I just got in my Fidanza Flywheel so that and the ACT will be in shortly, then I will get to work on my ECU.

We have to find some time to meet up at the track when you are back down by steele! Will that be in the Fall??
Old 05-12-2003, 11:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: OMG!!!!!!!! UDP installed...the MAX is great!

Rudy why do you even want to try. You know your going to be checking out my tail lights for the length of the 1/4 mi.
if you're gonna talk the talk, ya gotta walk the walk.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:51 AM

Re: Re: OMG!!!!!!!! UDP installed...the MAX is great!

Originally posted by Victim64

I knew you would like the OBX!

I just got in my Fidanza Flywheel so that and the ACT will be in shortly, then I will get to work on my ECU.

We have to find some time to meet up at the track when you are back down by steele! Will that be in the Fall??
yeah ill be back in mid-August.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:01 AM
Langley AFB Sux

I'm not lowered yet so I cant tell you what it will do for you. You need to ask someone who is lowered with a RSB. I would say go for it. Its only like $120. But over the stock suspension, adding the RSB is AMAZING.
Sprints + Addco RSB =
Old 05-13-2003, 10:48 AM

most people don't say the UDP helps that much
so you like it thats good
Old 05-13-2003, 11:51 AM

install

hey whats needed to install the UDP? beside the tools, will i need any belts or rubber gaskets of any type? Im planning to get on of these in the near future