4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stalling right after morning startup

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 07:56 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Stalling right after morning startup

I have had this problem ongoing for 2 years now. I tried to search the forum in case this problem was already answered, but it seems that I do not have access. Every time I try to start my car after it has been sitting for about 5 hours, it fires up right away and imediatley stalls. The same thing happens everytime I start it after the inital try. The solution is to give it gas after the initial startup to keep it running and then it is fine. This only happens when the engine is cold. It does not matter what the outside temperature is. I have a cold air intake, and no check engine light comes on. I tried fuel ingection cleaner and that did not work. I always keep my air filter clean. I have been dealing with this for almost 2 years. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by jdspearin
I have had this problem ongoing for 2 years now. I tried to search the forum in case this problem was already answered, but it seems that I do not have access. Every time I try to start my car after it has been sitting for about 5 hours, it fires up right away and imediatley stalls. The same thing happens everytime I start it after the inital try. The solution is to give it gas after the initial startup to keep it running and then it is fine. This only happens when the engine is cold. It does not matter what the outside temperature is. I have a cold air intake, and no check engine light comes on. I tried fuel ingection cleaner and that did not work. I always keep my air filter clean. I have been dealing with this for almost 2 years. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.
Throttle Body cleaning will solve your problem.
Go to motorvate.ca for how to. It is easy and effective.
Good Luck
Old 04-16-2004, 03:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. You have helped me out so much! That was exactly what the problem was. The web site you sent me to was fantastic. I am so relieved that this problem is finaly fixed, and it was so easy. You are the best. Remeber everybody, clean your throttle body every 15,000 miles.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by jdspearin
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. You have helped me out so much! That was exactly what the problem was. The web site you sent me to was fantastic. I am so relieved that this problem is finaly fixed, and it was so easy. You are the best. Remeber everybody, clean your throttle body every 15,000 miles.
that's why they call it the poor man's juice. Enjoy!