4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Good Hiding Spots?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

It pops right off. doesnt take much effort at all.
Another thing... maybe its different in NY but yea we all know what cops have the right to do. You need to understand something 85-90% of all cops are D***S! expecially when they are having a bad day. I may not like most of them much but they do have a tough job most of the time. Then there is the whole... paying bills, etc. They dont make much money. All you can do is be nice and do what they say cause the fact of the matter is that they can do whatever they want and even though they are wrong, they are going to get away with it. Anyone who has been screwed by authority figures in their lives can say the same thing. Dont trust a thing that comes out of their mouths.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:11 PM

so u just grab the plastic next to the shift boot and pull it off?
Old 06-02-2004, 08:28 PM

yea. grab the part that is close to the e-brake and lift it up. there are these little clip things that hold it there.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:30 PM

My g-friend doesnt like me smokin so I stash my box in that fuse panel next to your left leg on the drivers side. Lots of space.

also when I buy a bottle in Mexico and bring it back, under the center console seems to work very well just take the two screws of the back and the bottle fits perfect
Old 06-03-2004, 05:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This thread is horrible: it should be called "where do you hide your stash?" instead of "Hiding Spots"
Old 06-03-2004, 05:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You can always pop off your spare tire, reseat and balance....
Thats a lot of work though.
An example of a bad place, would be keeping the stash inside the cat. Just for an example.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:20 AM
Banned

where the rug meets the console you can easily pry it open and shovw what you need in there. the cupholders hold LARGE things. also under the cupholders is rug which you can pull up and shove stuff under...if your really paranoid. nice thread. i started one of these 8 months ago and was told i was stupid for doing so...
Old 06-03-2004, 06:57 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

Broad statements about what the police can and cannot (or will and aill not) do are kinda dangerous.

- Not getting out of the car when asked to will result in you getting out of the car at gunpoint. What are you hiding from them? Are you planning on running? Do you have a gun there?

- Failure to identify yourself as a passenger may or may not be a problem. Some states require a person to at least identify themselves.

- The miranda warning is only required prior to custodial interrogation. If you are not in custody (arrested, in the cruiser or at the station) or you are not being interrogated, then the mirnada is not required. The officer will ask you questions before arresting you to determine whether or not you need to be arrested - otherwise he's have to mirnadize every person he talks to, just-in-case!

- Police sniffer dog > your hiding spot

- Search and seizure law is very complex. There are levels of searches that are allowed in different situations. There are ways of getting authority to search if you have somethinghanging over you. If you are arrested then your vehicle can be searched to a particular extent. if you give permission or a dog indicates a hit onthe car then they can search it to any extent possible.

- The police can, in some jurisdications, sieze any criminal tool. There are difference from place to place, ie some require it to be a felony, some say misdemeanor. The point is that is you have contraband in your car then your car could be seized. (That's why DARE drives around is nice cars seized from drug dealers!) If the car is not yours then it still may be seized if the polcie can show the owner knew what you were doing.

At the end of the day eveery situation is different and you cannot rely on blanket statements like; "The police cannot search the glove box" etc. Sometimes they can and sometimes they can't. How much do you want to bet that THEY know local search and seizure laws better than YOU do?

- You have a right to speak to an attorney and to have him present at before or during any questioning. However you DO NOT have the right to have him present at the stop, nor at your arrest, transport, booking etc. Only when they start to question you.

You'd be amazed at how many crims are caught/convicted because they either gave permission to search or they spontaneously confessed to the cop who's driving them to the station as the cop asks; "So, what about them Cavs, huh?" The officer will want you to talk about anything, because you'll get comfy and maybe give up some good information. And as long as he's not asking you questions about the crime you are suspected of, it's not interrogation and therefore not subject to miranda.

Torgus - what is a p-stop?
Old 06-03-2004, 08:09 AM

Scruit is right about that. If a cop thinks you are hiding something from him, he will get you out and search the car. So why keep anything in there in the first place? A few years back i was smokin with my boy and a cop came by and he searched the car. They dont care if they mess anything up, its not their car and they want to see the look on your face when they tear s**t up in there. The cop let us go cause he found nothing except for a little parafanalia. Could have been a lot worse but the cops were cool about it. The did however take the bag of dro that was left over... guess they wanted to party before calling it a day lol.