4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Dan Martin Please Help??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2001, 11:46 AM

I just took my code from the ECU and it came out as Three Way Catalyst (left bank) anyone know what this means or what I need to buy to fix it?
Thanks
Old 05-12-2001, 01:37 PM

More information please

Originally posted by 97MaximaSE
I just took my code from the ECU and it came out as Three Way Catalyst (left bank) anyone know what this means or what I need to buy to fix it?
Thanks
What is the specific Diagnostic Trouble Code? How many miles on the vehicle? What are the symptoms other than the Check Engine Light? Have there been any recent repairs done? Do you have engine or exhaust modifications?
Old 05-12-2001, 04:08 PM

lets see where to start

The car used to have a problem were it felt like it was going to stall but it never did and it would hesitate a lot. I just changed the front right heated o2 sensor and that seemed to solve that problem since the old code I recieved was 3 fast blinks and 5 slow blinks. The car has 62k miles, y-pipe, cai and im about to have my aftermarket b-pipe put in cause my stock one was cut and re-welded cause the y-pipe twisted my exaust. I just have to wait till it comes in the mail. The new code I recieved after fixing the o2 sensor was 3 fast 7 slow. I was thinking maybe my stock b-pipe has a leak in it somewhere and that may be causing it but im still not sure. Also my gas mileage has been around 250 a tank so its not to good. Hope all this junk helped. Thanks
Old 05-12-2001, 10:48 PM

Old 05-13-2001, 09:26 AM

Two inconsistencies

Originally posted by 97MaximaSE
The car used to have a problem were it felt like it was going to stall but it never did and it would hesitate a lot. I just changed the front right heated o2 sensor and that seemed to solve that problem since the old code I recieved was 3 fast blinks and 5 slow blinks. The car has 62k miles, y-pipe, cai and im about to have my aftermarket b-pipe put in cause my stock one was cut and re-welded cause the y-pipe twisted my exaust. I just have to wait till it comes in the mail. The new code I recieved after fixing the o2 sensor was 3 fast 7 slow. I was thinking maybe my stock b-pipe has a leak in it somewhere and that may be causing it but im still not sure. Also my gas mileage has been around 250 a tank so its not to good. Hope all this junk helped. Thanks
Diagnostic Trouble Code 0307 points to a problem with the Engine Control Module Closed Loop Logic for the Left Bank. The left cylinder bank is also called the front bank. It is cylinders 2,4,6.

DTC 0307 is detected when the closed loop control function for the left bank does not operate even when the vehicle conditions meet the criteria (engine at normal operating temperature, etc.). Possible causes include ...
- Harness or connectors (The sensor circuit is open or shorted.)
- a defective Front Heated Oxygen Sensor sensing element.
- a defective Front Heated Oxygen Sensor heater.

This information is not consistent with your original statement implicating the Three Way Catalyst.

Your previous DTC was 0305 which prompted you to replace the Right Front Heated Oxygen Sensor. However, my factory service manual says that DTC 0305 points to a problem with the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Temperature Sensor. Another inconsistency.

I'm not saying you did the wrong thing, but your information about codes and mine seem to be different. I don't know how to reconcile them.
Old 05-13-2001, 12:42 PM

Well

Not only did my code tell me to originally replace the front right heated o2 sensor but the dealership i work at hooked it up to there computer and it read that the o2 sensor was the problem too. Now a day after it was replaced i get this code so i have no clue whats going on...maybe i will have him hook it up again and see what comes up on his computer.