4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

WhOs Unhappy with their car????

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I miss my Maxma, Rosewood is teh sex.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Apparition
guys with auto maximas that are pebble beige haha.. I dislike this thread, its gone on too long. wheres Freeway when you need him?.. he's always there to **** you off when you dont want him to be, then when you need help he's nowhere to be found, maybe he's a cop.
It Fr33way then teh tm logo.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fulltone74
Sometimes after reading a lot of posts for all these years on the Maxima site, I think a lot of people here could appreciate the BMW 5-series (97-04).

With all the mods people do on their cars, this seems to be what people aspire to with their Max...

1. Good handling but also want a smooth ride.
2. Wanting a nice tight look around the wheel well gap.
3. Wanting good power delivery.
4. Wanting low profile tires without the harsh road noise.
5. Wanting four doors with a decent back seat and trunk.
6. Appreciating a stick shift.
7. Wanting a reasonably good looking car.
8. Wanting a nice interior with tight build quality...
9. A car that hugs the road but also absorbs the bumps.
10. Wanting some nice brakes that don't look too weak behind the nice wheels.
11. Wanting decently sized and decent looking wheels.
12. A car that just feels nice and solid on the road.

A sport package 5-series offers all of the above -- Stock...
Even the Touring package models aren't too bad.

If only the BMW engines had the Nissan VQ reliability.
The thing with the BMWs is that under the hood; the engines internally are o.k., but everything bolted around the engine tends to be designed to last not much beyond 100K miles...

Examples being radiators, water pumps, catalytic converters, O2 sensors, etc. And the engines with variable valve timing need their valvetrains rebuilt around 100K miles.

I think you have an excellent point, E39 BMW's are awesome car, especially the 540i/6. BMW's last well over 100k miles - like any car, they have to be fixed when they break. I've seen many great examples of super-high mileage BMW's. Some people consider my car high mileage, but its just broken in: I purchased my problem free, 100% working M3 at 85k, and were in the market for cars with up to 150k - as long as everything in the car has been taken care of. The car is expensive to fix, but not as expensive as some people make it out to be.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:23 AM

ya, my car doesn't get good enough gas mileage. other than that i can't complain too much for what my car is worth, since it offers me a whole lot more in my eyes.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Fulltone74
Sometimes after reading a lot of posts for all these years on the Maxima site, I think a lot of people here could appreciate the BMW 5-series (97-04).

With all the mods people do on their cars, this seems to be what people aspire to with their Max...

1. Good handling but also want a smooth ride.
2. Wanting a nice tight look around the wheel well gap.
3. Wanting good power delivery.
4. Wanting low profile tires without the harsh road noise.
5. Wanting four doors with a decent back seat and trunk.
6. Appreciating a stick shift.
7. Wanting a reasonably good looking car.
8. Wanting a nice interior with tight build quality...
9. A car that hugs the road but also absorbs the bumps.
10. Wanting some nice brakes that don't look too weak behind the nice wheels.
11. Wanting decently sized and decent looking wheels.
12. A car that just feels nice and solid on the road.

A sport package 5-series offers all of the above -- Stock...
Even the Touring package models aren't too bad.

If only the BMW engines had the Nissan VQ reliability.
The thing with the BMWs is that under the hood; the engines internally are o.k., but everything bolted around the engine tends to be designed to last not much beyond 100K miles...

Examples being radiators, water pumps, catalytic converters, O2 sensors, etc. And the engines with variable valve timing need their valvetrains rebuilt around 100K miles.
That's exactly what I'll be in the market for next year.... I'll probably sell the Max this fall and just drive my winter beater all winter, and look for an '02 or '03 530i next spring.

I'll miss the Max, but I feel like it's almost time for me to let it go. I don't want to be one of those guys who keeps an old car forever and ever because of it's sentimental value. I'm already too attached to it, if I don't get rid of it soon, I'll start heading down that road...LOL
Old 08-02-2006, 09:37 AM

Just turbo charge your max and you will have a new found love...haha
Old 08-02-2006, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by MaxxG
Just turbo charge your max and you will have a new found love...haha
...because it's just that simple
Old 08-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

im a noob here and a noob to modding. my 98 maxima's tranny died on me on 4/15/06, bought a new 06 civic. it took a while but im getting a new tranny and getting it up and running again by the end of next week! hopefully everyone here will be just as helpful as the civic fourms i've been hanging around...
Old 08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Godzilla

So yeah, who is unhappy?? I'm about to buy one so I need to know these things.. haha I want to know the goods and the bads about Maximas.. lata playas
Old 08-02-2006, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by RuSSiAnMax415
damn guys, it was all cool to have the max and ****, but like i honestly am gettin a lil unhappy w her lately.......... like mb its just that all my buddies are driving g35's and like clk430s and trans ams and i jsut feel slow...but like i duno.... is any1 else kinda wanting a new car? =/ i ono i love the max, but i dont think i wud even wanna put anymore money into it ......... i want somthing faster... any1 with me????
Bro don't worry about what everyone else is driving. Max's are awesome rides.Yes G35's and CLK's are cool. But a Maxima is a great car. I love my max.I just paid off my car in January and I have had a few problems with it this year, and just today I was actually considreing trading it in. But I changed my mind, I will stick with my MAX. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I have a 4th Gen Max and when the body style changed I had felt a little bad, wanting to have the newer body style, but that didn't matter after a while, there is somethign about the 4th Gens. They are great rides man, keep yours. Or if you must trade it in for a bimmer.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by Starsnstripes
Bro don't worry about what everyone else is driving. Max's are awesome rides.Yes G35's and CLK's are cool. But a Maxima is a great car. I love my max.I just paid off my car in January and I have had a few problems with it this year, and just today I was actually considreing trading it in. But I changed my mind, I will stick with my MAX. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I have a 4th Gen Max and when the body style changed I had felt a little bad, wanting to have the newer body style, but that didn't matter after a while, there is somethign about the 4th Gens. They are great rides man, keep yours. Or if you must trade it in for a bimmer.
I hate hondas.. oh and