4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Decal or not?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 09:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I saw this decal on e-Bay and liked the looks of it. I am not sure how it would look on a Maxima but I like it in the pic. What do you think?
Old 06-28-2001, 09:17 PM
kineshi1

Decal

Not a big fan of decals on the front winshield...thumbs down from me

Old 06-28-2001, 09:23 PM

Re: Decal

Originally posted by kineshi1
Not a big fan of decals on the front winshield...thumbs down from me
Decals look great if they match the car, white matches most anything, i will say that i am the only one that sports a chrome windshield decal, which was specially made for me
Old 06-28-2001, 11:17 PM

Stickers are for show and if you like the sticker you should get it. It is your car, do what you want.

K
Old 06-28-2001, 11:39 PM

Re: Re: Decal

You're not the only one with a chrome windshield decal = ). I had one up to a few days ago, custom made by my shop for my car. It has since been replaced with a reflective windshield decal made from the same material they use for night time signs. I still have chrome decals on other parts of my glass though, sponsorship decals and such. I've done lots of chrome decals for customers, it's very popular now. That and carbon fiber decals.

Originally posted by RedMax95

Decals look great if they match the car, white matches most anything, i will say that i am the only one that sports a chrome windshield decal, which was specially made for me
Old 06-29-2001, 07:19 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Isnt it already pretty obvious that you drive a Nissan Maxima? Or do you need to make sure people can tell from the front too??

I dont like banners that say the make if the car...
Old 06-29-2001, 11:12 AM

Originally posted by mzmtg
Isnt it already pretty obvious that you drive a Nissan Maxima? Or do you need to make sure people can tell from the front too??

I dont like banners that say the make if the car...
I think it makes it known that its a nissan, the chrome looks great, i guess im not the only one, oh well, the funny thing is that kids i dont know at my bros school all know my car becuase of that sticker, they all call it "the nissan" but i doubt even 5 of them know its a maxima
Old 06-29-2001, 12:52 PM
BlkCat

IMO I don't care to tell the whole world what make my car is. I'd rather have them stare! This morning on my way to work a blue 4Runner is making a left turn from my right at an intersection and he was staring at my Max through his mirror shades starting from half way into the turn to finish. Funny that he managed to straighten out properly too. Heheheh!

Old 06-29-2001, 12:58 PM
BlkCat

Let me rephrase that.... LOL

I don't have an identity crisis so I'm not putting any sticker on the windshield. I'd rather have them stare and try to figure out what I drive! This morning on my way to work a blue 4Runner is making a left turn from my right at an intersection and he was staring at my Max through his mirror shades starting from half way into the turn to finish. Funny that he managed to straighten out properly too. Heheheh!

Vandanno

"2nd SC'ed Maxima in B.C. - Don't ask me who is the first as I've only seen him but not met him"

'98 Black Max SE auto
V2 Stillen Supercharger w/Bosch BOV
B&M Supercooler
Koni Sports
Eibach Pro Kit
Courtesy FSTB
Courtesy Clear Corners
PIAA Superwhites
OBX brushed aluminum pedals

To Come:
Don's VB Mod

Wish List:
Blitz BOV
Stillen Rear Sway bar
new rims and tires

Old 06-29-2001, 02:34 PM

I personally think putting decals such as what type of stereo components or performance parts you have are nothing but an advertisement for potential thieves. This of course, depends on where you live. "Maxima" decals are a bit excessive if you ask me -- thumbs down on that ebay one.

But once again, it's your car, do what you want with it -- we'll still love you.
Old 06-29-2001, 03:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think I just liked the lettering in the picture, I am not sure it would look good on a car. I was kinda thinking more of the back winshield too. I guess that is even worse. I don't think I will get it. Thanks for your opinions!
Old 06-30-2001, 09:54 AM

Originally posted by WaarrEagle
I think I just liked the lettering in the picture, I am not sure it would look good on a car. I was kinda thinking more of the back winshield too. I guess that is even worse. I don't think I will get it. Thanks for your opinions!
you dont have to listen to them, remember it is your car, but that decal is one they make hundreds of, so if you want one get it made for you, i love the way mine looks and dont care what they think, i know plenty of people that like it a lot
Old 06-30-2001, 11:29 AM

Decal on car is most likely equated to a RICER so its a no no for me.
Old 06-30-2001, 01:44 PM

Thumbs down

It's kind of big?
Old 06-30-2001, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by d_98SE
Decal on car is most likely equated to a RICER so its a no no for me.
You know what? Bite me. I've recently decided (after hearing LOTS of import bashing) that I'm going to make my car as ricey as possible. And you know what? That's not a bad thing. It's the same as Punks wearing safety pins on their clothes or businessmen wearing suits. It's a chosen style based on the group you find yourself immearsed in. I have no real exterior bits of riceyness but my red dash trim, and Stillen exhaust label me "ricey import" by most people's standards. I'm going to put a GT-R badge in my car once I've got a S/C (I refuse to do it until I get 280hp at the wheels, like the stock GT-R) and eventually some decals and maybe some paint work. I'd be the RICEYEST **** I could be if I had the money... Just to prove that there's nothing wrong with STYLE. (Note: style has nothing to do with an individual's taste.)
Old 06-30-2001, 05:49 PM
Mike'z Max

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
don't do it. decals are garbage man. it makes the car look cheap. you don't see beamers or benzes with em. all you see are geo's and neons and civics and old sh*tty camaros with em. be classy. just my opinion. i never understood decals. should i get a stillen decal cuz i have one of their front spoilers. what has stillen done for me? took my $200. thats it. i don't need to shove a Stillen or Maxima logo down anyones throats.

Old 06-30-2001, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by SithMax

You know what? Bite me. I've recently decided (after hearing LOTS of import bashing) that I'm going to make my car as ricey as possible. And you know what? That's not a bad thing. It's the same as Punks wearing safety pins on their clothes or businessmen wearing suits. It's a chosen style based on the group you find yourself immearsed in. I have no real exterior bits of riceyness but my red dash trim, and Stillen exhaust label me "ricey import" by most people's standards. I'm going to put a GT-R badge in my car once I've got a S/C (I refuse to do it until I get 280hp at the wheels, like the stock GT-R) and eventually some decals and maybe some paint work. I'd be the RICEYEST **** I could be if I had the money... Just to prove that there's nothing wrong with STYLE. (Note: style has nothing to do with an individual's taste.)

preach on brother sith! Next sunday's lesson: Why yellow is really ok! heheh just playin man
Old 06-30-2001, 09:17 PM

Thats right man, you should do what you want, who gives a rats a$$ what everyone thinks, i hang out on saturday nights with wild hondas, acuras, eclipses, supras, you name it, the only thing i have to say is that i could beat any of them (excluding the supra), so thats all that matters, so do what you want
Old 07-01-2001, 06:22 AM

Originally posted by Mike'z Max
don't do it. decals are garbage man. it makes the car look cheap. you don't see beamers or benzes with em. all you see are geo's and neons and civics and old sh*tty camaros with em. be classy. just my opinion. i never understood decals. should i get a stillen decal cuz i have one of their front spoilers. what has stillen done for me? took my $200. thats it. i don't need to shove a Stillen or Maxima logo down anyones throats.
Where the hell have you been? There are LOTS of *bimmers* (Not BEAMERS, you classless twit) with decals. In fact, the only cars I see them on consistently are 3 Series BMWs, M Series BMWs, any Honda, and to a lesser extent (only because they're mostly driven by women) VWs.

PS. I LOATHE yellow.
Old 07-01-2001, 09:28 AM
Mike'z Max

yea, call me a "classless twit" when someone asks for the boards opinion on something and i give it to them. thats what they were asking for, so f**k u

Old 07-01-2001, 10:12 AM

Funny how you've never seen Bimmers or Benzes with them. I run a sign shop and one of our sponsored cars is a '99 BMW 328 with big graphics we did for it. His car looks like garbage? He's never taken anything lower than 1st place or best of show at any show he's ever entered. I've also got a 300ZX sponsored car that almost always takes 1st or best of show. I have plenty of customers with Benzes also. All of those cars are ugly? It's all in how you do the graphics. The Neons and Geo's you see did it cheaply and tastelessly. If done right, decals and graphics look good. I just put a $400 graphics package on my Maxima, and I guarantee you it doesn't look like garbage.

However, that Maxima decal the guy is thinking of buying does look like crap. It's too big for the car, and doesn't look like it goes with the lines.

Old 07-01-2001, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by Shadow
Funny how you've never seen Bimmers or Benzes with them. I run a sign shop and one of our sponsored cars is a '99 BMW 328 with big graphics we did for it. His car looks like garbage? He's never taken anything lower than 1st place or best of show at any show he's ever entered. I've also got a 300ZX sponsored car that almost always takes 1st or best of show. I have plenty of customers with Benzes also. All of those cars are ugly? It's all in how you do the graphics. The Neons and Geo's you see did it cheaply and tastelessly. If done right, decals and graphics look good. I just put a $400 graphics package on my Maxima, and I guarantee you it doesn't look like garbage.

However, that Maxima decal the guy is thinking of buying does look like crap. It's too big for the car, and doesn't look like it goes with the lines.

Hey shadow can we see some pics of your new graphics?
Thanks
Old 07-01-2001, 01:39 PM

yea, call me a "classless twit" when someone asks for the boards opinion on something and i give it to them. thats what they were asking for, so f**k u
I called you a classless twit not because of your opinion, lord knows you're entitled to one. I called you a classless twit because, well, after your last post I don't think I have to explain myself.
Old 07-01-2001, 02:42 PM

Old 07-01-2001, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by maxkid77
Nah, don't worry about it. I've already given up. I hate flame wars as much as the next guy.
Old 07-01-2001, 08:29 PM

wow, some of yall are ****ed, oh well, i would like to see pictures of the graphics very much as well
Old 07-02-2001, 06:19 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

OK peoples. Everyone calm down. He started this thread asking for opinions. He got opinions. If you dont want people to knock you, dont ask them what they think.

I've never seen anyone just randomly pick on someone because of some mod they have listed in their sig. The only time people get bashed here is whent they specifically ask for others to give their thoughts.

If someone asks what I think about their idea, and I dont like it...I'm going to say so. Otherwise, I think everyone should just do what they like to their car, becuase they like it.
Old 07-02-2001, 08:34 AM

Save your money. The decal doesn't look so hot!
Old 07-02-2001, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by SithMax

I think what they ment was that "ricers" have decals all over the vehicle, which to most people looks tacky. If you like that go for it, I personaly dont care either way(unless it is a honda) and plan to add a couple of stickers before I'm done with my car.

K