4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I love this max who's is it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 11:58 AM

^^^^^ w3rd
Old 10-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by DukeDuke
Ya'll are all wrong. Because dude stepped out of the box, and may be on the wild side with his choices, ya'll are gonna hate on him. I don't agree with his choices either, however, that is his ride, not mine, and not yours. Because he isn't like most of ya'll who want to put 350hp into a SEDAN, not a sports car, a SEDAN, he wants to make his look clean and be a show stopper. Not a racer, personally I think you racers(who make fun of Civics) are more like Civic owners than he is. Yeah, IMO his rims are to big and are two ride, looks kinda Mexican with how much they pop out, the lambo's are hard as hell, I have wanted them, and yet to see very few with them. The fenders are a sweet touch, I would have gone with BMW M series and not Buick look-a-likes. The color is hard, nice and clean, not to flashy. The system and screens could use some major work, dash needs a lot of bondo/fiberglass work and paint, the system needs some major overhaulin', and there is such thing as TOO many TV's. However, over all I like it. I wouldn't do all the same, but that is what individuality is about. When I said I was going to put 20's on my Max and lower it, most of ya'll hated too. Until I posted pictures then ya'll all wanted to talk about how good it looks. Be open minded and if you don't like it, then be honest, but don't keep coming back, over and over just to keep raggin' on it. Give your opinion and go. Stop hatin' on the dude. I wish we could all just have sleepers like most of yall. Lets all put the Stillin Lip Kit on, a plain set of stock looking 17's, CAI, exhaust, FSTB, RSB, Red/Clears, Clear corners, KYB AGX's, Y-pipe, and debadge it. THAT would be great wouldn't it? No! ya'll all do the same exact thing. Stop hatin'. That is why I rarely visit anymore, because if it isn't always the same thing, everyone wants to bash it.
Thanks for the report Captain Obvious! We've gone over this already. His damaged leather in the back seat and the half a$$ install on the tv look really clean and show worthy, huh!!

Ya'll come back now, ya here!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:25 PM

^^^I agree. You dont like everyone's car on here then don't post. How can you defend him and say that its need to be overhauled at the same time? A lot of cars have the same stuff here becuase it looks the best and is the best for our cars. He basically ebayed his entire car....I dont care how original it is if it looks like ****.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Cdg2125
You dont like everyone's car on here then don't post. How can you defend him and say that its need to be overhauled at the same time?
Exactly.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:10 PM

I am not saying his entire car needs to be overhauled, what I was tryin to say, is if it was mine, I would overhaul the audio/video system, that looks about half way finished. Personally, I think a majority of ya'lls cars are ugly, and the reason is because each one of ya'll copy each other. There is probably 100 different maxima's on here that all are exactly identical, maybe a different stock color, but that is it. Get some personality, dress stuff up different, look deep into your head and come up with something different. Then your gonna try to get on me and call me gay, because I am country. And, also thank you for proof-reading and spell checking my message last time. It shows how mature you are for a 32 year old. Congrats. I wish most of ya'll would grow up and open your mind to different things, and if you don't like it, shut up, or say something meaningful and worth while, and explain what you dislike about it. Don't just say "Thats FUGLY" or "Thats gay" explain. Because a lot of people don't talk crap about how ugly a majority of ya'lls plain, replicas are of each other's Maxima.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Personally, I think a majority of ya'lls cars are ugly, and the reason is because each one of ya'll copy each other.
You should quit before you dig yourself into a bigger hole. Happy Halloween!

Old 10-31-2006, 01:32 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Haven't you ever heard the saying "if you can't find anything nice to say, flame away" ? : confused:
Old 10-31-2006, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nissan 6
oh I thought you really were being sarcastic.

As did i...
Old 10-31-2006, 01:43 PM
on this site too damn much

I am not saying his entire car needs to be overhauled, what I was tryin to say, is if it was mine, I would overhaul the audio/video system, that looks about half way finished. Personally, I think a majority of ya'lls cars are ugly, and the reason is because each one of ya'll copy each other. There is probably 100 different maxima's on here that all are exactly identical, maybe a different stock color, but that is it. Get some personality, dress stuff up different, look deep into your head and come up with something different. Then your gonna try to get on me and call me gay, because I am country. And, also thank you for proof-reading and spell checking my message last time. It shows how mature you are for a 32 year old. Congrats. I wish most of ya'll would grow up and open your mind to different things, and if you don't like it, shut up, or say something meaningful and worth while, and explain what you dislike about it. Don't just say "Thats FUGLY" or "Thats gay" explain. Because a lot of people don't talk crap about how ugly a majority of ya'lls plain, replicas are of each other's Maxima.
the reason you see a hundred cars on here that look exactly alike is b/c this is a MAXIMA community from cars all around the world. Who cares if they look the same on a webpage...I have yet to drive by another max that looks nearly like mine. I'm not gonna make my max look like that piece of crap he showed us just to be unique on the NET....sorry the thing is just NASTY and not clean at all
Old 10-31-2006, 02:30 PM

^^ Great way to put it. Nobody pays attention outside of the forum that all the cars are from all over. I agree that I've never driven by another max near me that looks like mine. Black Maxima and some other guys are somewhat near by but our cars do not look the same.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

Has anyone else noticed that the only people spouting this "all your cars look the same" crap are people who either have or want the huge-rims-and-lots-of-ICE style?

Hmm....

And this "different" stuff is a bit silly. If I painted my car bright pink, fastened a giant plastic model of a sperm whale to the top, hung streamers off the trunk, and drove around with spare tires for rear wheels, would I get props for being different? What if I had to re-engineer the structure of my roof to hold the whale on? Would I get props for being a pioneer in Maxima modifications? If it's a bad idea, it's a bad idea, and those who realize it's a bad idea will bash it. Period.

This car is only different from "all the other cars here" because almost no one here sees the need to make a car suck just to get attention.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:42 PM

I think its pretty nice, but with the money poured into it I'd much rather have a supra.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:57 PM

I wish I had all that money, I've no idea how much he put into it. I'm not even sure he did all the work himself, he may have used a garage or some private installer which with the parts and labor would have run him a pretty penny. He could have just bout a Z =)

...I want a 350Z

I agree with his whole, I'm unique deal and I guess if you like that kinda stuff hey whatever makes you happy. Needs to get the interior redone though, really messed up his dash.

Idk, after looking it over a couple times it looks less and less like a maxima, Max's have that certain look with clean lines, his just seems 'chunky' you know?
Old 10-31-2006, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cdg2125
^^ Great way to put it. Nobody pays attention outside of the forum that all the cars are from all over. I agree that I've never driven by another max near me that looks like mine. Black Maxima and some other guys are somewhat near by but our cars do not look the same.
Me neither. I've been to meets with 30+ cars and there were maybe two sets of three lookalikes. The rest were clearly distinct.

And that's only in terms of looks. In terms of mods under the skin, there were maybe five cars that were done similarly.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:26 PM

ive seen worse and ive seen better, its his maxima. yea, 22's that stick out and some tails that dont look the best and lambos which i hate. some cleaner rims, maybe 19s and and nice drop, ditch the tails and whats the problem? some dont like my maxima, but thats that. we all have different taste, not just in cars. how many people wear k-swiss? ok, i think they are gay. hmm....what about........just keep it clean. later
Old 10-31-2006, 04:24 PM

There's a reason why many people may have the same things on their cars. They WORK, and IF time is taken, they work together as a unit. THAT is what makes this stuff fun. Again, his money, but I think most people are simply saying (in their own unique way) the job could have been done better. Look at it another way (and this is also a personal taste thing). If you could have your car customized who would you use?
Unique Autosports
Chip Foose
or the dudes on Pimp My Ride?
I'll take Foose any day of the week, thank you.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:36 PM
i has college

I dont care how original it is if it looks like ****.
/thread
(10char)
Old 10-31-2006, 08:56 PM

not my style. as long as its not this crap

looks like hes trying to defend the earth from ufos or some shi7
Old 10-31-2006, 08:58 PM

Ya'll are all wrong. Because dude stepped out of the box, and may be on the wild side with his choices, ya'll are gonna hate on him. I don't agree with his choices either, however, that is his ride, not mine, and not yours. Because he isn't like most of ya'll who want to put 350hp into a SEDAN, not a sports car, a SEDAN, he wants to make his look clean and be a show stopper. Not a racer, personally I think you racers(who make fun of Civics) are more like Civic owners than he is. Yeah, IMO his rims are to big and are two ride, looks kinda Mexican with how much they pop out, the lambo's are hard as hell, I have wanted them, and yet to see very few with them. The fenders are a sweet touch, I would have gone with BMW M series and not Buick look-a-likes. The color is hard, nice and clean, not to flashy. The system and screens could use some major work, dash needs a lot of bondo/fiberglass work and paint, the system needs some major overhaulin', and there is such thing as TOO many TV's. However, over all I like it. I wouldn't do all the same, but that is what individuality is about. When I said I was going to put 20's on my Max and lower it, most of ya'll hated too. Until I posted pictures then ya'll all wanted to talk about how good it looks. Be open minded and if you don't like it, then be honest, but don't keep coming back, over and over just to keep raggin' on it. Give your opinion and go. Stop hatin' on the dude. I wish we could all just have sleepers like most of yall. Lets all put the Stillin Lip Kit on, a plain set of stock looking 17's, CAI, exhaust, FSTB, RSB, Red/Clears, Clear corners, KYB AGX's, Y-pipe, and debadge it. THAT would be great wouldn't it? No! ya'll all do the same exact thing. Stop hatin'. That is why I rarely visit anymore, because if it isn't always the same thing, everyone wants to bash it.
thank you

10 char.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:12 PM

I wasn't ever saying it was a show stopper. Please point out where I said that. He wants to make it into one. Now, what is the biggest part of Nopi each year? What draws the biggest crowds? The races? or the cars? The cars. Yeah people go to see who is the fastest, but the majority of the people come for the cars. Therefore make it show worthy. If you all choose to do the same mods, no matter if you do it because "It is the right thing to do" then go for it. You all just need to stop hating on people who choose to venture out, or go out on a limb. Again, I am not saying I would choose his ride. It is VERY unique, and everything is done to his particular tastes, not yours, and not mine. Just like your car isn't done to my taste or his. To each man his own. If you have something worthy to say, or an idea to help out, go for it, however if it isn't worth while or just a negative and non helpful then just go on. That is all I am saying. I am not saying his car is 100% hot. It needs some work, AS I STATED. But for all of you people who drop $5000.00 worth of motor products into a $5000.00 car, and then you want to call this guy stupid for droppin $5000.00 on parts that he can resale to just about any other car or automobile. It makes no sense. And is VERY hypocritical. As I stated before I think the majority of Maxima's on here are ugly, they are plain, and look like a stock Maxima, he customized his, and customization is a major part of this on-line community. But you choose to hate him because he has done something a little more crazy than your ***** will allow. Get off of it. Go work on your Maxima, that looks just like the same one my grandmother drives, yeah yours may be faster and beat her off of the line, but oh well. Still looks the same car that drove off of the lot, maybe with a lip kit and a new set of bumper lights or tail lights. And your comparison with the "Giant Sperm Whale, and hot pink paint" is totally off from it. He is put a billboard on his roof then that would be somewhat comparable. If you are selling Sperm Whales, go for it. And by the way, to all the people who are saying all of ya'lls cars are different, or if they are a like, it is because "that is the way our Maxima's are tasteful" open your eyes and look around. I would say 80% of this website has the Stillen Lip Kit(or is bone stock), probably 60% has CAI and exhaust, 80-85% has the clear corners, 40% has red/clears, 90% has 15-18 inch wheels. Again, these are my guesstimates. So why be normal, why stay in the box? Do what YOU think looks good. If you like your car, and it is bone stock with some motor parts, who cares what I think. For all of ya'll who continue to worry and mock everyone else's ride, grow up. And to "The Wizard" about me digging myself deeper and deeper, go on with it. I am free to speak my mind as long as I am not insulting or being disrespectful to anyone. I am being 100% honest, a majority of you hatin people, are immature and disrespectful. If you don't have a worthy compliment or are going to give some constructing criticism, click next and go on. And to "The Wizard" you are now free to act like your 8 years old, and repost my comment with the "correct" English grammar, since you are stunned and have nothing worth coming back with except something my 9 year old niece would do. Congrats brother, way to act your age!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:51 AM

DukeDuke, you would be absolutely, totally, 100% right if not for these things:

1. The rims, as they are, don't just make his car slow or hurt handling. They make his car unsafe for him, his passengers, and everyone else on the road -- even if he drives normally.

2. He is not a pioneer, trying to "do something new" with a Maxima. He is not trying to push the boundaries and explore. He is an attention ***** who is trying to make his car as flashy as possible at all costs.

3. He really, truly, honestly thinks he is making a car that is fast as well as showy ("ONE OF THE BEST MAXIMAS EVER"), and he is pushing it as such.

4. You can't say it's such a bad thing that so many cars here look similar because you haven't proven that most people here want to make their cars look different. Have you considered that most people really might not care? Maybe they want their cars to look good to them and don't care about others. Maybe they want their cars to be functional and don't care about looks at all.

5. This is a forum for an enthusiast community. Information spreads about what is good and what is bad. That means stuff gets copied. Is it because people are bandwagoning? Maybe. But it's just as likely because people are just recognizing a good or bad thing when they see it.

6. Stillen kit or bone stock, intake and exhaust, clear corners, red/clears, 15-18 inch wheels... cool. Congratulations. You've just covered about 10% of what could make a Maxima distinct. What about paint color? Style of intake? Type of exhaust? Style of headlights/taillights (Cefiros, LEDs, Skyline tails, etc.)? Stock vs. lightweight vs. blingy rims? FI? Motor swaps? Other bolt-ons? Carbon fiber? Interior trim? Sound system?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Administrator

I wasn't ever saying it was a show stopper. Please point out where I said that. He wants to make it into one. Now, what is the biggest part of Nopi each year? What draws the biggest crowds? The races? or the cars? The cars. Yeah people go to see who is the fastest, but the majority of the people come for the cars. Therefore make it show worthy. If you all choose to do the same mods, no matter if you do it because "It is the right thing to do" then go for it. You all just need to stop hating on people who choose to venture out, or go out on a limb. Again, I am not saying I would choose his ride. It is VERY unique, and everything is done to his particular tastes, not yours, and not mine. Just like your car isn't done to my taste or his. To each man his own. If you have something worthy to say, or an idea to help out, go for it, however if it isn't worth while or just a negative and non helpful then just go on. That is all I am saying. I am not saying his car is 100% hot. It needs some work, AS I STATED. But for all of you people who drop $5000.00 worth of motor products into a $5000.00 car, and then you want to call this guy stupid for droppin $5000.00 on parts that he can resale to just about any other car or automobile. It makes no sense. And is VERY hypocritical. As I stated before I think the majority of Maxima's on here are ugly, they are plain, and look like a stock Maxima, he customized his, and customization is a major part of this on-line community. But you choose to hate him because he has done something a little more crazy than your ***** will allow. Get off of it. Go work on your Maxima, that looks just like the same one my grandmother drives, yeah yours may be faster and beat her off of the line, but oh well. Still looks the same car that drove off of the lot, maybe with a lip kit and a new set of bumper lights or tail lights. And your comparison with the "Giant Sperm Whale, and hot pink paint" is totally off from it. He is put a billboard on his roof then that would be somewhat comparable. If you are selling Sperm Whales, go for it. And by the way, to all the people who are saying all of ya'lls cars are different, or if they are a like, it is because "that is the way our Maxima's are tasteful" open your eyes and look around. I would say 80% of this website has the Stillen Lip Kit(or is bone stock), probably 60% has CAI and exhaust, 80-85% has the clear corners, 40% has red/clears, 90% has 15-18 inch wheels. Again, these are my guesstimates. So why be normal, why stay in the box? Do what YOU think looks good. If you like your car, and it is bone stock with some motor parts, who cares what I think. For all of ya'll who continue to worry and mock everyone else's ride, grow up. And to "The Wizard" about me digging myself deeper and deeper, go on with it. I am free to speak my mind as long as I am not insulting or being disrespectful to anyone. I am being 100% honest, a majority of you hatin people, are immature and disrespectful. If you don't have a worthy compliment or are going to give some constructing criticism, click next and go on. And to "The Wizard" you are now free to act like your 8 years old, and repost my comment with the "correct" English grammar, since you are stunned and have nothing worth coming back with except something my 9 year old niece would do. Congrats brother, way to act your age!
I'm honored that you mentioned my name twice. Thanks for the laugh. Wow, we really got to you. You're taking this so personally. You need to grow up, son. Read what D00df00d wrote, then read it again and again and again.