4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

VQ30DE TO VQ30DE-K swap with no spark

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:05 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by carlostelevida
could you call me and i will call you in the morning

1 829 903 5809

sory bro and big thanks
No.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by pmohr
No.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:51 AM

after all i thought that there were some bad wiring involve, i put a wire from the positive of the battery direct inside the harness who feed the coils and.
tadaaa.......

yeaaahhhhhhhhhhh uuuyyyyyyyy

the car start, bro this engine is like a charm.

sorry because i though I've made the wiring in the correct way, i felt like a dumb because I've made you both waste your time helping me solve this problems that really didn't exist.

but after all my car is fixed and running, i'm goint to take some days to fine tune it and i will post a video of the car working

http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=DSC01000.jpg
Old 04-30-2009, 10:07 AM
No more Maximas...

after all i thought that there were some bad wiring involve, i put a wire from the positive of the battery direct inside the harness who feed the coils and.
tadaaa.......

yeaaahhhhhhhhhhh uuuyyyyyyyy

the car start, bro this engine is like a charm.
sorry because i though I've made the wiring in the correct way, i felt like a dumb because I've made you both waste your time helping me solve this problems that really didn't exist.

but after all my car is fixed and running, i'm goint to take some days to fine tune it and i will post a video of the car working

http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=DSC01000.jpg
Wait, that's not even the 00VI...so you swapped in the DE-K and put the USIM on it?

If you don't have power to the coils, then you need to fix that problem correctly, not just hack it up with B+ leads going everywhere.

And are you sure that's even a '96 harness? I see a green push-lock connector on the CPS, those weren't used until what, '99?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 AM

Wait, that's not even the 00VI...so you swapped in the DE-K and put the USIM on it?
yes

If you don't have power to the coils, then you need to fix that problem correctly, not just hack it up with B+ leads going everywhere.
yes, i did solve this, there were a missing wire hangin around inside the harness, exactly the one who feed the coils B+, the boy who solder all the wires, forged to solder this one because he couldnt remember were this wire belongs to, so i was not present when he did solder all the wires, i was at work, but later on i did test all the wires for continuity from the ecu and were all ok, but he didnt say me that little detail, , i want to kill him.

And are you sure that's even a '96 harness? I see a green push-lock connector on the CPS, those weren't used until what, '99?
The green push lock conector is a mix because the original conector for the coils were too old and burned, so i decides to swap the olds 96harness conectors with those new one in good in good condition.

http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/carlostelevida/
Old 04-30-2009, 01:39 PM

So you pretty much swapped in just a regular de.........

The 00vi will yeild gains of at least 20hp if not more with a good tune. At minimum you could sell it on this site and get at minimum 200 dollars for the whole set so someone else could reek the benifits of the 00vi and you can get some $$$$ back

Last edited by Product_Of_Korea; 04-30-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by locknuts
So you pretty much swapped in just a regular de.........

The 00vi will yeild gains of at least 20hp if not more with a good tune. At minimum you could sell it on this site and get at minimum 200 dollars for the whole set so someone else could reek the benifits of the 00vi and you can get some $$$$ back
jejeje thanks bro, but remember,

im dominican republic it could be too expensive to send it to US, this is not the price everyone wants to afford for a piece that you could get in the place where you live.

but good recomendation, now, the new engine have to pistons that didnt work, the same reason why i decide to swap the old engine ,
tey have spark but just theres no diference if i disconect the plug of the coil number 5 o number 6.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:19 PM
No more Maximas...

jejeje thanks bro, but remember,

im dominican republic it could be too expensive to send it to US, this is not the price everyone wants to afford for a piece that you could get in the place where you live.

but good recomendation, now, the new engine have to pistons that didnt work, the same reason why i decide to swap the old engine ,
tey have spark but just theres no diference if i disconect the plug of the coil number 5 o number 6.
So have you done any diagnostics on why those two cylinders aren't firing?

So you swapped out an engine rather than completely diagnose two cylinders that wouldn't fire...and after you get the new engine in, again, two cylinders won't fire?

I may be wrong, but I believe they call that 'owned'.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:34 PM

yes, not the same two cylinders but "owned" at all the old ones failing were by bend valves, caused because a missed tooth, did you remember you helped me to diagnose this.