4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Can I install my own supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 05:11 PM
Licensed to Spell

Re: That's sweeeet

Originally posted by dlicari
Hey Man,
Congrats and thanks for the updates. I have been running to the .org to see your progress every day. Thanks for taking the time to make other peoples lives easier, future SC installers!

DL

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot (A LOT Sudz - lol) to me. Thanks dlicari.
Old 02-14-2002, 05:15 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Originally posted by maximus75
Good job dude! Welcome to the S/C club. Don't worry, when I first installed mine I was a little dissapointed but after you drive it for a while you'll really appreciate it.
Hey shut up you old geezer! What are you doing on this forum old man?! What are you, like 26 or something? lol, I'm just teasing you maximus. I'm an old man too (born in '75 as well). Hey, thanks for the input, that makes me feel better.
Old 02-14-2002, 05:18 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o(

Come on guys. Don't let me down. You haven't yet. I've asked the spark plug gap several times now and no answer. What should I gap my one-step colders? 0.038"? Thanks.
Old 02-14-2002, 08:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: :o(

Originally posted by ptatohed
Come on guys. Don't let me down. You haven't yet. I've asked the spark plug gap several times now and no answer. What should I gap my one-step colders? 0.038"? Thanks.

Which spark plugs you got? If it's the NGKs, I think they are pre-gapped. I know when I put in the one step colder NGK spark plugs, I didn't gap them. Mardigrasmax told me they were pre-gapped.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:54 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: :o(

That is correct.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:30 PM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Re: :o(

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

That is correct.

Well, o.k. I guess that is what I was asking. Like I said, in a search I read (in a few different threads) that you decrease the gap .004" for every +50 horsepower gain. Is this not correct? That's why I figured I'd do a .004 to .006 gap reduction (50 - 75 HP). Are you guys saying you do NOT decrease the gap .004" for every 50 HP gain?
Old 02-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Decrease the gap by .004" for every 50 hp. You should stick with .040" Closer does not mean it will be better.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:56 PM

Re: Re: Re: :o(

Well, o.k. I guess that is what I was asking. Like I said, in a search I read (in a few different threads) that you decrease the gap .004" for every +50 horsepower gain. Is this not correct? That's why I figured I'd do a .004 to .006 gap reduction (50 - 75 HP). Are you guys saying you do NOT decrease the gap .004" for every 50 HP gain?
decrease the gap by .005 for every 50 hp increase...I have my one step colder plugs at .034 for my 100-shot...
Old 03-02-2002, 08:27 PM
Licensed to Spell

Just to give you guys a quick update on the 'Super Charger Install For Dummies' (SCIFD) I was telling you I would do. Well, I have started and I'd say I'm 20-25% done. I am going slow, spelling EVERYTHING out, crossreferencing Chilton's, Haynes, Factory Service Manual (with page numbers), adding many more pictures, correcting Stillen when they are wrong, adding information when they left something out, giving additional tips, etc., etc., etc. I am doing it in Word right now. But I will transfer it to a website when I am done. That way it will be faxable, e-mailable, printable, and viewable on-line. It's taking longer than I thought. Have some patients please. And school is overwelming right now. I'll get there though, I promise. If for any reason someone wants to see the 25% version, feel free to e-mail me. I'll post back here and I'll start a new thread when I am done. Thanks guys.

-Josh
ptatohed
Old 05-02-2002, 03:01 AM
Licensed to Spell

Well guys, I am basically done!! Two months after I posted I was at the 25% mark, I am now at the 98% mark. I just have a few minor things to take care of before I consider it 100% done. I started putting it up on my car domain website. Right now they are just scanned images of my 8.5"x11" pages but I plan to integrate it more nicely into a website later (ultimate goal is .pdf), I just wanted to get some of my progress up for you guys to look at. I put up 40 of the 100+ pages tonight so please take a look. Go to my car domain link in my signature and then go to page 4. I haven't told anyone else about them being up, I don't want to do an official 'new thread' until I am 100% done. But I did feel that since I started talking to you guys about it in this thread, I should show you some of what I have been working on. So you guys get to see a 'sneek preview'. Anyway, take a look at what I have so far. I will add the rest shortly, it's 3am right now, I need to go to bed. It is all done, I just have to scan the other pages, upload them, etc. I hope you guys like it. It literally took me hours and hours and hours. I easily doubled the SC install time with the write-up time. Anyway, enjoy and please give me some feedback. Thanks guys.

-Josh
Old 05-02-2002, 06:39 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: :o)

Well guys, I am basically done!! Two months after I posted I was at the 25% mark, I am now at the 98% mark. I just have a few minor things to take care of before I consider it 100% done. I started putting it up on my car domain website. Right now they are just scanned images of my 8.5"x11" pages but I plan to integrate it more nicely into a website later (ultimate goal is .pdf), I just wanted to get some of my progress up for you guys to look at. I put up 40 of the 100+ pages tonight so please take a look. Go to my car domain link in my signature and then go to page 4. I haven't told anyone else about them being up, I don't want to do an official 'new thread' until I am 100% done. But I did feel that since I started talking to you guys about it in this thread, I should show you some of what I have been working on. So you guys get to see a 'sneek preview'. Anyway, take a look at what I have so far. I will add the rest shortly, it's 3am right now, I need to go to bed. It is all done, I just have to scan the other pages, upload them, etc. I hope you guys like it. It literally took me hours and hours and hours. I easily doubled the SC install time with the write-up time. Anyway, enjoy and please give me some feedback. Thanks guys.

-Josh

Wow, amazing job!
Old 05-02-2002, 10:44 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Excellent job, Josh!
Now that is the way the SC documentation should have come out in the first place!
Stillen take note!
Old 05-03-2002, 01:23 PM

Really nice job on the writeup. Well done.

SuDZ
Old 05-03-2002, 07:39 PM

Good job Josh
Old 05-07-2002, 01:00 PM
Licensed to Spell

Thanks so much for all the nice comments guys. I appreciate it.

Just so you know, I am all done now:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hlight=dummies

O.k., this is my last post here, time to let this one fade to black...
Thanks again everyone for everthing.