4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ahh! NO! (sort of long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 07:04 PM

Ahh! NO! (sort of long)

Eck, I just had a pretty bad experience. Needed somewhere to vent, so sorry if I sound like I'm ranting or anything...

The Best Song to Drive a Maxima To thread inspired me to rip some .mp3s off of my cd collection and burn a custom "driving songs" cd. Anyway, I didn't have any CD-Rs so I went out about two and a half hours ago to pick some up from Staples. I'm driving down River Rd, which is a pretty straight and long road going about 55mph. The entire road is pretty easy driving, except for one twisty area where it's a bad idea to go much faster than 40. It was about 7:45 and it's Sunday, so there were barely any people on the road. I had my window down and as I'm coming up on the turn I hear a squealing noise. At first I thought it was my tires (which made no sense, since I was driving straight) or brakes or something, but then I noticed headlights up along the curve (it's a more or less blind curve, with a hill/cliff on one side and a slope leading down into a river on the other).

A second later I see a silver station wagon fly around the corner going waaaay too fast. I slammed on the brakes just in time to see the other car's back end spin out from behind it and the front end swing into my lane. This is a narrow road and the front-side fenders of his car was about to hit my car head on. All I could do was try to slow down and move over as far as I could to the side of the road. I managed to avoid getting hit by about an inch, but the right side of my car took a bunch of dents and scratches from rubbing through the brush and rocks on the side of the road. Before this, the paint job was pristine and the car was 100% spotless. And I've only had it for a week.

The worst part of the whole thing? When I get out of the car and run over to scream and b***h at whoever almost killed me I realized that it was a friend of mine in his POS '00 Elantra. And there's not a scratch anywhere from it on his ******* car!
Old 04-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Make his azz pay for the damage to your car. You can file charges against him for wht he almost did to you.
Old 04-07-2002, 07:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mzmtg
Make his azz pay for the damage to your car. You can file charges against him for wht he almost did to you.
I agree, make him pay. Even if he is a friend, he should have known better than to have done something dangerous and life-threatening like that. He could have killed you. He should atleast pay for your car. Make sure you tell him you're not just mad about the car but about your life as well.
-Cyrus
Old 04-07-2002, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg
He's paying alright. I'm going to find out tommorow how much it's going to cost to get the damage repaired and I'm not paying one penny of it. A cop drove by while I was off to the side of the road and he wrong up a report on what happened. I doubt I'll file charges against him for anything, though. Of course, what makes it even worse is that this is the exact same corner that I totalled my 626 on (ice + telephone pole = bad).