5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just installed the new HID theft kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 07:36 PM

Just installed the new HID theft kit

found some time today to put in the new theft deterent kit. i picked it up from the local nissan P&A. It didnt come with instructions or anything...but i have a friend thats a nissan dealer, and he knows a mechanic. It pretty much protects against the two major methods that thieves have been using in the NYC, northeast area. I dont wanna post the exact procedures of the process(to avoid some moron lurking on the net getting ideas) but.. it protects a sensor that is in the door, the hood release, and the cables under the hood.

The installation took about 3 hrs or so...and i think its worth it.
I can now have a nice dinner without having my car in the back of my mind.(this painful image of me walking out to my car with no lights used to haunt every moment that i was in a "bad" area) I recommend it to all who cannot find a moment of sleep at night..because they are constantly creeping to the window to check their car...

sleeping well now(HID kit)
-the freelancer
Old 01-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Banned

Re: Just installed the new HID theft kit

Originally posted by theFreelancer
found some time today to put in the new theft deterent kit. i picked it up from the local nissan P&A. It didnt come with instructions or anything...but i have a friend thats a nissan dealer, and he knows a mechanic. It pretty much protects against the two major methods that thieves have been using in the NYC, northeast area. I dont wanna post the exact procedures of the process(to avoid some moron lurking on the net getting ideas) but.. it protects a sensor that is in the door, the hood release, and the cables under the hood.

The installation took about 3 hrs or so...and i think its worth it.
I can now have a nice dinner without having my car in the back of my mind.(this painful image of me walking out to my car with no lights used to haunt every moment that i was in a "bad" area) I recommend it to all who cannot find a moment of sleep at night..because they are constantly creeping to the window to check their car...

sleeping well now(HID kit)
-the freelancer
Is this the $60-some odd kit that's offered by Nissan? If so, that's pretty good if you think that it will protect against the common theft methods (and given that it ACTUALLY will...)

So do I need a mechanic to be able to install this kit or is it a DYI type of a job? Also, 3 hrs w/mechanic seems like this may not be an easy install.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:25 PM

Yea, was that 3 hours of your time or a mechanics? I'd like to install it, can you give us an idea of how hard / what kind of experiance you would need to do it properly?

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:11 PM

Maybe when you get some time you could do a write-up and email it to us.