5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Dealer denied 2K2 hesitation TSB...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Dealer denied 2K2 hesitation TSB...

I went to the dealership to drop off my wife's Xterra today. While I was there, I figured I would make an appointment to get the TSB for the hesitation timing thing fixed.

When I brought it up to the guy, he acted like he had never even heard of the term "TSB". Then he told me that they can't do any service on it unless the check engine light is on. I was with my wife and I didn't want to make a scene, especially sice she was in there for warranty work that had not been diagnosed yet.

Anyhow, I thought I'd pass that along. Remember......your car isn't repairable unless the check engine light is on.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:34 PM

Go to a different dealer. They sound like idiots.

ARFF
Old 05-03-2003, 07:41 PM

I don't know why these guys have to be such idiots. I think its generally the ones who dont like their jobs so they think their only reason for being there is to f^@k with us. I would have been ****ed. But just like you I wouldn't have said anything with the wife there. You should give Nissan feedback on this dip ****, they should know what kind of morons they have responsible for keeping their customers happy!
Old 05-03-2003, 07:43 PM

Originally posted by tita6
I don't know why these guys have to be such idiots. I think its generally the ones who dont like their jobs so they think their only reason for being there is to f^@k with us. I would have been ****ed. But just like you I wouldn't have said anything with the wife there. You should give Nissan feedback on this dip ****, they should know what kind of morons they have responsible for keeping their customers happy!

You know, I've had good luck using the sruveys that Nissan mails out as leverage for good service. I made it a point to mention I gave a glowing report for my last visit to the service adv. and I left with the hesitation tsb applied, oil change, and full wash for free.

I think the surveys are their livelihoods!

ARFF
Old 05-03-2003, 08:03 PM

Originally posted by saxdogg

I think the surveys are their livelihoods!

ARFF
Gotta agree with you here. My service guy bent over backwards to make sure I was going to rate them perfect on the survey. I even got a phone call from the dealership before I got the survey in the mail, they were asking me if there was anything they needed to do to ensure they got a perfect rating. Very important to them for some reason.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:28 PM

Re: Dealer denied 2K2 hesitation TSB...

Originally posted by asu174
I went to the dealership to drop off my wife's Xterra today. While I was there, I figured I would make an appointment to get the TSB for the hesitation timing thing fixed.

When I brought it up to the guy, he acted like he had never even heard of the term "TSB". Then he told me that they can't do any service on it unless the check engine light is on. I was with my wife and I didn't want to make a scene, especially sice she was in there for warranty work that had not been diagnosed yet.

Anyhow, I thought I'd pass that along. Remember......your car isn't repairable unless the check engine light is on.
WTF?? why the hell didnt you b!tch slap him? It has nothing to do with and engine light... it works like this... the engine doesnt tell you when tsb come out... nissan does.. *** the dealer... tell him to hook it to the damn ECU, and print out the numbers and compare.... this subject ****es me off because so many people got turned back... My dealer told me the same thing about the engine light... i told him, ok, this is the tsb, connect with the ecu, get a printout... will you do this? If not, I would like to call Nissan. He was like... okay, ill go ahead and look... and then he looked stupid when the printout said my car was affected.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:42 PM

Hey ASU174,

Let the dealer know that you experienced hesitation several times, spoke to Nissan Consumer Affairs after your visit to the dealer and they (NCA) told you about the TSB. Get a copy of it off the *.org and bring it to them. And tell them that Nissan told you that this problem doesn't throw a code to the ECU.

That should work.....
Old 05-03-2003, 09:15 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally posted by tita6

Gotta agree with you here. My service guy bent over backwards to make sure I was going to rate them perfect on the survey. I even got a phone call from the dealership before I got the survey in the mail, they were asking me if there was anything they needed to do to ensure they got a perfect rating. Very important to them for some reason.
Yes it's called a CSI score (Customer Service Inquiry) and it is VERY important to them. If you score them anything less than perfect NNA considers it a failure for the dealer.
Old 05-03-2003, 10:06 PM

Originally posted by SR20DEN

Yes it's called a CSI score (Customer Service Inquiry) and it is VERY important to them. If you score them anything less than perfect NNA considers it a failure for the dealer.

Awesome to know...I left with my free service and was like WHAT??? He said, "You hook me up and I'll take care of you." So I said SEND ME ANOTHER SURVEY and we'll keep it up!

Banter a little with them and let them know you hooked them up! (If you got some good service that is)

ARFF
Old 05-03-2003, 10:10 PM

I am just going to take it to another dealer, but I will lead with the fact that the guy at the other dealership is a moron and I am going to screw him on his CSI score on the Xterra because he lied to me about the Maxima. They will most likely take good care of me.

Good cop/bad cop.....or something like that.
Old 05-03-2003, 10:11 PM

I am just going to take it to another dealer, but I will lead with the fact that the guy at the other dealership is a moron and I am going to screw him on his CSI score on the Xterra because he lied to me about the Maxima. They will most likely take good care of me.

Now that sounds like a plan. Good luck!

ARFF
Old 05-03-2003, 10:16 PM
VQ Wizard

Yeah he will be pretty much fuXord if you do that. His monthly bonus just went down the crapper.
Old 05-03-2003, 10:20 PM

Yeah he will be pretty much fuXord if you do that. His monthly bonus just went down the crapper.
I'm probably not going to really screw the guy over by doing that. I fairly passive and I just want to bluff the other dealership into doing the work for me.

Oh, should I be worried about a ghetto airbox and breather filter when I go?
Old 05-03-2003, 10:26 PM
VQ Wizard

I'm probably not going to really screw the guy over by doing that. I fairly passive and I just want to bluff the other dealership into doing the work for me.

Oh, should I be worried about a ghetto airbox and breather filter when I go?

He's probably just new and ignorant. Ask him again in another month or so and he'll be broke in good.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:21 AM

He's probably just new and ignorant. Ask him again in another month or so and he'll be broke in good.
Unfortunately he has been there since I bought my first Nissan back in 99.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:39 AM

Originally posted by saxdogg
Go to a different dealer. They sound like idiots.

ARFF

yeah they are.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:53 AM
VQ Wizard

Unfortunately he has been there since I bought my first Nissan back in 99.
Then he has no good excuse. Mark him down for a bad score and call NNA. Politely explain to it them.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:27 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Remember......your car isn't repairable unless the check engine light is on.
Thats an easy one to get over. Just think for a second, that light is easy to turn on.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:15 AM
Bandwagon Lover

I've had similar problems with the dealership near me including putting wrong parts on a vehicle. I actually sent an eMail to the dealership to complain about having to constantly fight with the service department and that I would NOT be returning to purchase a new vehicle ( the sales side had also denied allowing me to test drive one of their demo Z's ). Since I had purchased numerous vehicles from them in the past, I received a quick reply from the service manager.

From my point of view, it did not matter at that point. The manager of another dealership is a family friend ( Score!!! ). I would suggest calling NCA and contacting the dealership manager. Having two Nissans makes you valuable from the sales side. Use that to get what you want...

Good luck.