5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Someone tried to steal my car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 05:21 PM

Someone tried to steal my car...

last night.

Yep, at a friends house overnight and came out the next morning to find my key hole mutilated.
Don't know what they were using? A drill or some kind of tool, but they must have been scared off by something or someone.

$342 later a new key cylinder is to be installed.

Another shiity drawback of living in Latin America, oops, I mean Los Angeles.

God, if only I heard the b@stard, I'd of loved to video tape him with my nightscene camera. Then yelled out, SMILE A-hole you're on camera and will be going to jail soon. Lube up your waste gate!
Old 09-22-2003, 06:11 PM
IgS

Originally Posted by Driver72

Lube up your waste gate!

sorry to hear that, thats a disadvantage of having a maxima, EVERYONE wants to have one too

hehe

-IgS
Old 09-22-2003, 08:27 PM
scopium

last night.

Yep, at a friends house overnight and came out the next morning to find my key hole mutilated.
Don't know what they were using? A drill or some kind of tool, but they must have been scared off by something or someone.

God, if only I heard the b@stard, I'd of loved to video tape him with my nightscene camera. Then yelled out, SMILE A-hole you're on camera and will be going to jail soon. Lube up your waste gate!

what part of LA do u live bro.. i live in Lakewood... no one dares come near my car... cause then the neighbor's dog barks lol...
and plus i got a paint ball gun lying right next to my bed... all i'm waiting for is my alarm to go off and paint ***** will be flying out of the window
lol

Old 09-22-2003, 08:32 PM

last night.

Nothing fancy like a drill. Hammer and screw driver. Pop off the ring that holds the cylinder on and twist. Car opens. I've had my old car broken into like that. It is an unfortunate weakness in key cylinders. But, had he opened the door, your alarm would have gone off. Maybe he realized that, or noticed the blinking LED mid-way through.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by scopium
what part of LA do u live bro.. i live in Lakewood... no one dares come near my car... cause then the neighbor's dog barks lol...
and plus i got a paint ball gun lying right next to my bed... all i'm waiting for is my alarm to go off and paint ***** will be flying out of the window
lol

Well, I live in Encino currently, well sort of.
I'm in the process of moving, so until the new place is done, I'm staying at my friends place in Van Nuys.
Yes, I know, that explains it

Oh, I have a 2002 GLE

I was surprised he/they went for the Maxima too.
My friend has a 2002 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro
It was parked about 20 feet away.

I figured the moron that tried wanted the Maxima because he wanted the faster car, or just figured (probably correctly) the Maxima was easier to steal than the Audi.

I'll be here for about a month, so I'm going to get a shotgun with blanks and park the car in the driveway.
If he/they try again, I guarantee he'll wet himself after I fire off a blank (which will be a full load blank) in the air after I get him on tape and phone 911 with his description.

Can you imagine him entering the jail with a wet spot between his legs.

Oh, Butch and Tyrone will have a blast with that!