5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

TSB fix for window squeak squeal

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 10:03 AM

TSB fix for window squeak squeal

There has been a TSB issued for a front drivers side window squeal or squeak which I have on a 2000 SE but I'm not able to find the fix for this TSB. It appears to be related to the "run rubber" seal. Any help would be appreciated. Same thing for a drivers side rear view mirror vibration.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 03-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by PhillyFanCS
There has been a TSB issued for a front drivers side window squeal or squeak which I have on a 2000 SE but I'm not able to find the fix for this TSB. It appears to be related to the "run rubber" seal. Any help would be appreciated. Same thing for a drivers side rear view mirror vibration.

Thanks,
Chris
Give Studman's site a look: http://maxima.theowensfamily.com/tsb/
Old 03-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I dont know about the tsb but the squeak can be fixed with "dry" silicone-not liquid silicone. THey have it at dealerships but theyll probably charge. Or call home deopt or auto parts stores. I accidentally used liquid silicone-made a big mess of the windows.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by housecor
Give Studman's site a look: http://maxima.theowensfamily.com/tsb/

I'll give that site a try. Nice ride btw.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by ChillWill2000
I dont know about the tsb but the squeak can be fixed with "dry" silicone-not liquid silicone. THey have it at dealerships but theyll probably charge. Or call home deopt or auto parts stores. I accidentally used liquid silicone-made a big mess of the windows.

Is this in a tube or is it a spray?? Does the door need to be taken apart or just applied to the top of the rubber seal??
Thanks for your help
Old 03-25-2004, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by PhillyFanCS
Is this in a tube or is it a spray?? Does the door need to be taken apart or just applied to the top of the rubber seal??
Thanks for your help
No you dont need to take your door panel off (but it wouldnt hurt) just roll windows all down and apply to rubber. the rears youll just have to be creative.

like i said i used the liquid and it helped. But when i washed my car ,alot of it washed off and the squeak came back. I guess three years later it will only squeak when i roll the windows down and they are partially wet.

like this http://www.ppgautoglass.com/newpart/newpart_b0086.htm
Old 03-25-2004, 01:26 PM

I have had this problem ever since I bought my car. I bought some elmers slide-all. This is a teflon spray. I sprayed it on the visible portion of the drivers side runner. It helped considerably, but some squeeking is still there. I will be removing the door panel and applying it all along the vertical runner by the mirror, when I get a chance. It is still considerably better than it was though. I just want it to be gone.

BTW, I have not seen anywhere of a TSB for this problem. I think studman only has listed the TSBs he actually has copies of.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by schmatt
I have had this problem ever since I bought my car. I bought some elmers slide-all. This is a teflon spray. I sprayed it on the visible portion of the drivers side runner. It helped considerably, but some squeeking is still there. I will be removing the door panel and applying it all along the vertical runner by the mirror, when I get a chance. It is still considerably better than it was though. I just want it to be gone.

BTW, I have not seen anywhere of a TSB for this problem. I think studman only has listed the TSBs he actually has copies of.

I think I saw the TSB on alldata.com but they only list the problem not the fix unless you want a subscription.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2004, 02:49 PM

I only have a squeak from the top of the window sill. this only happens when I initially open my windows. I thought the sound was coming from the tint, but from what youguys say, maybe I can correct this with some silicone or teflon spray? something to moisten yet, not leave any streaks from rolling down the window?
Old 03-26-2004, 06:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just spray liquid silicone in the rubber track along the window - not down into where the window is located - with the window down.

It doesn't make a mess of my windows and solves the problem for several months. Eventually it comes back and I respray.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:18 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Max_Gator
I just spray liquid silicone in the rubber track along the window - not down into where the window is located - with the window down.

It doesn't make a mess of my windows and solves the problem for several months. Eventually it comes back and I respray.
exactly what i do.
rub the track with a wet rag to clean it then spray with silicone spray and let it run down.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:29 AM

I had this problem for ever i just got use to it,just the driver side.I kind like it it gets attention when i roll down my window
The other windows are runing perfect.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:31 AM

I had this problem for ever i just got use to it,just the driver side.I kind like it it gets attention when i roll down my window
Old 03-27-2004, 12:32 AM

Sorry ,I must press it more than once.